Casey - Innocent until proven guilty?

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I suppose the civil trial is why I dredged this up.
I do keep my eye on any Casey Anthony news. I am hoping that one of these days she will get caught on something. So far she has escaped everything that has been thrown at her. Get a job? Can't - scared to be out in public. Have a deposition? Can't - might interfere with the other law suits. Etc. Etc.

She leads a charmed life. Many many years from now she will be forgotten and she will be able to walk in public again. I hope not.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Platinum member

If this Zenaida Gonzalez would just go away, so would all the flap about Casey. I cannot believe that Casey's story in any way impacted her being able to get/keep a job. It has long been proven that she in no way resembles the "nanny" Casey described, including the name. Casey told her parents that her "nanny" always went by 3 names....Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez. When this suit was first filed, Morgan cleaned up his client really well, but now (and before) she would be hard pressed to get a decent job regardless of her name or Casey's story.
Amarillo, TX
The Villages, FL

To quote my dad:
"I never did see a board that didn't have two sides."
Old 03-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I suspect the Casey Anthony trial will stay with us because like OJ Simpson most believed he was guilty and got away with it.

In my opinion it was not the State that failed but rather jury members who were not responsible enough to properly discharge their duties. There were a number of counts that the jury could have imposed on Casey anthony but they were to in a hurry to get out.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Gold member

its been my experience that jurors generally take their duty very serious. and for you to say they didn't is total BS on your part !!
Old 03-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Default My two cents

Yes, red tail, I agree that juries take their responsibilities seriously, even when jury duty is inconvenient. And that's not saying we all try to avoid it if we can, but once in, we're in. My husband and I have both been on juries and I was in the legal field for a number of years. I do not recollect lawyers complaining about juries in that regard. They may be quixotic, but not frivolous, especially in a capital murder case.

Also, for what it's worth, I agree with collie3 (?), that the DA was apparently remiss.

Also, for what it's worth, I was not at the time convinced that OJ was guilty. In light of his recent behavior, I'm less certain. Both he and Casey seem kind of stupid, an yet, they confounded everyone.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
The only remaining interest I have in this case is to see whether the local voters have the smarts to vote out their incompetent district attorney. No. 1 he never should have pursued the case at the level charged, and then, after he made that basic error, he did a terrible job of presenting the evidence that he did have. A total waste of the taxpayers' money IMHO. Had he gone for criminally negligent homicide or something similar in the first place, there probably would have been a plea agreement and Ms. Anthony would be behind bars today.
I agree that a jury would probably have convicted on a lesser charge. The Prosecution was over confident. However I believe in Karma. At some point I think that Casey will self destruct.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raen Dear View Post
Yes, red tail, I agree that juries take their responsibilities seriously, even when jury duty is inconvenient. And that's not saying we all try to avoid it if we can, but once in, we're in. My husband and I have both been on juries and I was in the legal field for a number of years. I do not recollect lawyers complaining about juries in that regard. They may be quixotic, but not frivolous, especially in a capital murder case.

Also, for what it's worth, I agree with collie3 (?), that the DA was apparently remiss.

Also, for what it's worth, I was not at the time convinced that OJ was guilty. In light of his recent behavior, I'm less certain. Both he and Casey seem kind of stupid, an yet, they confounded everyone.
I feel that OJ was guilty of murder but the defense never proved it. Casey Anthony is a liar but that is all I am convinced of now. She did take part in the cover-up of how Caylee died along with her father. It does sound like Caylee drowned. Negligent homicide, probably, but not murder. JMHO.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Piers Anthony interviews Casey Anthony 6-13-12

Casey Anthony Interview: Piers Morgan's Exclusive Conversation With Notorious Defendant
Old 06-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Default A Terrible Headline!

The headline distorts the facts to create sensation. An honest headline would be Piers Morgan Exclusive Interview With Casey Anthony

Whether we agree with the decision or not, the words Notorious and Defendant should not be there and are only there for sensationalism. Ditto quoting Nancy Grace. Report the interview itself, don't retry the case. The jury decided she was 'not guilty' and we should accept that as the fact even though we may disagree.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.