CBDC aka Central Bank Digital Currency

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2024, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It worked great for me. I wore a mask, social distanced, washed my hands, and got vaccinated when the vaccine became available to me. I was able to do all the things I needed to do, and most of the things I wanted to do, while some people were dying or laid up being horribly ill, or isolated completely because their loved ones were sick and they weren't allowed in the same room.
It worked great for you because you were under the mistaken impression at the time (and maybe still) that masks, social distancing and vaccines actually did something (hand washing yes, one out of 4 isn't bad). Meanwhile, while others were "making you unsafe", it turns out they weren't. Dr Fauci admitted as much last week during congressional testimony. But your perceived sense of safety enabled you go out in public. Yes that worked for you. Others, not so much.

If there is anything we should have learned from the covid experience, it's that you can't trust the "experts" or the so-called "science", always follow the money, and that people who claim to be making you "safe" or doing something for your benefit are likely doing something for their benefit. And their benefit is more power and money.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
It worked great for you because you were under the mistaken impression at the time (and maybe still) that masks, social distancing and vaccines actually did something (hand washing yes, one out of 4 isn't bad). Meanwhile, while others were "making you unsafe", it turns out they weren't. Dr Fauci admitted as much last week during congressional testimony. But your perceived sense of safety enabled you go out in public. Yes that worked for you. Others, not so much.

If there is anything we should have learned from the covid experience, it's that you can't trust the "experts" or the so-called "science", always follow the money, and that people who claim to be making you "safe" or doing something for your benefit are likely doing something for their benefit. And their benefit is more power and money.
That conspiracy theory again? Handwashing was the *least* effective at stopping the spread. Interestingly, it is the one thing that most of us already did anyway. Was that measure of effectiveness based on numbers or was it based more on throwing a tantrum and refusing to do anything that might acknowledge the science?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 01-28-2024 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That conspiracy theory again? Handwashing was the *least* effective at stopping the spread. Interestingly, it is the one thing that most of us already did anyway. Was that measure of effectiveness based on numbers or was it based more on throwing a tantrum and refusing to do anything that might acknowledge the science?
Conspiracy theory? Fauci himself admitted most of the recommendations were without merit. From the WSJ:

Quote:
Anthony Fauci has never struggled to speak his mind. But now that he has left government, he is finally speaking at least some of the truth about government policies and Covid. For instance, the six-feet rule for social distancing “sort of just appeared” without a solid scientific basis. That’s one of the admissions that Members of Congress say the former National Institutes of Health potentate made this week in two days of closed-door testimony to the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.
----
It’s nice of Dr. Fauci to acknowledge now that the rule lacked a scientific basis. But at the time he and other officials didn’t want to acknowledge this lest the public question other Covid nostrums. Dr. Fauci had already undermined public trust by confessing that his advice not to wear a mask early in the pandemic was guided by political expedience.
WSJ
Old 01-28-2024, 04:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Conspiracy theory? Fauci himself admitted most of the recommendations were without merit. From the WSJ:

WSJ
The conspiracy theory is not that the six-foot rule "sort of just appeared." The conspiracy theory is the extrapolation from that to the rest of the assertions in the post.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-28-2024, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your childrens' education. Your bedroom. Your outfit. Your wife's womb.

Ship = sailed
What? Please explain.

I see the ship still in-port on all of those issues. You don't have to submit to anyone else's attempted claims or restrictions on any of those.
Old 01-28-2024, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Thread has gone off topic and off the rails
Old 01-28-2024, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
I remain perplexed why many people, everywhere, don't grasp that analogies are provided to further illustrate or support the topic introduced. They don't become the topic.

Attention span issues, I guess. But, it makes it very difficult to have productive or linear conversations.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
I remain perplexed why many people, everywhere, don't grasp that analogies are provided to further illustrate or support the topic introduced. They don't become the topic.

Attention span issues, I guess. But, it makes it very difficult to have productive or linear conversations.
If all conversations get back to covid, which was a one time pandemic event which hasn't happened in 100 years, and will fade into medical background noise like the flue which has a lot of origins in the prior pandemic, to be analogous to any discussion on any other government policy on technology, the conversation is not linear, but off the rails.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So you title the thread "Central Bank Digital Currency" because you want to discuss a proposal that would require, by 2027 in cars sold in CA, a system to restrict speeds to 10mph over the posted limit?
Yeah but it got your attention (and mine). Believe it is called “click bait”??
Old 01-29-2024, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post

But it was a stretch, wasn’t it??
Old 01-29-2024, 07:46 AM
Default Cbdc

Quote:
In a previous thread, there was a discussion of going cashless. There were some posters of the opinion that it was a conspiracy theory that CBDCs would be used to control the population via de-banking, restricted purchasing or any other CCP (China-like) tactic.

Well, for those disbelievers, there is currently a bill in CA that will force cars to have speed limiting devices installed in new vehicles by 2027. Whether or not you think speeding is a scourge, do we really want to be told by "elites" how to drive? The speed-limiter will use GPS to guess the speed limit. My Tesla already tells me the speed limit of the road I'm on, and it is wrong at least 10% of the time. Also there are plenty of times it is not safe to to stay under the limit (avoid a collision with another car or person).

I'm going to predict that many will think this is a good idea. And many will think it's insane. Have at it!

Link to Story
CBDC is a real threat. It is part of the one world order. It is Government control of how, when and where you can spend the money. You will be limited to what you can buy. Examples: Only 5 lbs of meat a week, no ammunition or guns allowed to be purchased, limited to amount of gas you buy, (you know to help with climate change). They control the money , they control you. Don’t dismiss this, it is being discussed by world leaders, and the WEF.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

CASH will always be king
Old 01-29-2024, 07:57 AM

The kill switch is coming before the speed limiting devices https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...287978?lang=en

Also, some (not all) software developers who created ways for anonymous cryptocurrency transactions to take place have been arrested and imprisoned in recent years, and their software banned in the US. But the people that print cash, which also allows for anonymous transactions, are still roaming the streets.
Old 01-29-2024, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

I’ve lost on how many topics have been discussed in this thread
Old 01-29-2024, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
It was destined to from the start, I assumed that was the original intention.

Tags
limit, speed, tells, tesla, told

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.