Climate Change Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I am glad that you get air polution, but air polution is only one part of the much larger and more complicated issue of climate change. The atmosphere, the oceans, the rainforests and the animal life, all contribute to the climate, along with the heat of the earth's core, rotation, orbital path, distance from the sun, pull of the moon, etc.
Some of these things we human can and do affect. Each individual may not have any noticeable affect. But, 8 billion (and increasing), with the help of our technology and equipment is noticeable. Not everyone is ready, willing or able to accept what science and world leaders overwhelmingly agree is a problem that needs to be addressed.
8 Billion people. Yep, thats more than enough to ruin a planet.
Take a vacation to Bahia Honda STATE Park just north of Key West. Ask an interpretive State Park Officer about the health of the coral on those reefs. Then ask about what has caused the problem. You might be able to find a book there that explains the link between the dying coral and global warming. Take a mask and snorkel and see it for yourself.
Old 10-13-2022, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,773 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Great video. And thank you for posting something that confirms what I've been posting all along. Of course, the brainwashed climate change cultists will find yet another way to avoid facing the facts.
Fell for it because it confirmed your preconceived beliefs and prejudices and made you feel vindicated. So now you feel strong and immediately go for the weapon of choice, belittling and insults. "Brainwashed climate change cultists"? Where is the witty repartee, the charm? Come on. You are better than this. If you want to insult me, make it a real zinger. Someting we can both enjoy.
Old 10-13-2022, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,358 Times in 4,350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Seriously, 2 google clicks will get you to the information about the US Navy getting prepared for ocean rise for their low-lying Naval bases along the eastern seaboard.
........And the Russian gas pipes to Europe have been all over the TV news for the LAST WEEK.
.........And the Chinese GIANT fishing fleets have ANGERED countries in South America and worldwide. The UN is worried about it. It ABSOLUTELY could be found with a little research on Google.
.........I mean seriously.....it's practically common knowledge!
The military does a lot of foolish things...

The Russian gas pipes were in the news because "somebody" blew them up!

But sure... Keep posting the same exact thing, again and again and again and again...

China is being China... Color me surprised...

But let's wreck our economy. That'll teach them a lesson!

-Tom Petty
Old 10-13-2022, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Could you imagine an oil well underground in the ocean deciding "y'know what - I'm gonna just collapse now." Do you think that will NOT upset the ocean's depths? Do you think it will NOT cause some kind of chaos to the fish and other marine life living near that well? Do you think the chaos caused to those fish, won't affect the marine life that swims through that area seasonally and feeds on that marine life? Do you think it won't - eventually - have a profound effect on the human species?
Well... It could certainly solve the oceans are rising "problem"...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-13-2022, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Here's the best thing I've ever heard on this subject. It really demonstrates ho people that disagree try to make an argument.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrjAXK5pGw

-Tom Petty
Old 10-13-2022, 07:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
According to Wikipedia, Prager U is NOT an accredited University. Rather, an American advocacy group the creates videos
promoting a CONSERVATIVE viewpoint.
Typical. Can't make an counter argument so attack the opponent...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-13-2022, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,038 Times in 4,185 Posts

Quote:
Fell for it because it confirmed your preconceived beliefs and prejudices and made you feel vindicated. So now you feel strong and immediately go for the weapon of choice, belittling and insults. "Brainwashed climate change cultists"? Where is the witty repartee, the charm? Come on. You are better than this. If you want to insult me, make it a real zinger. Someting we can both enjoy.
It’s alliterative 😂😂😂
Old 10-13-2022, 07:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Right. But the water doesn't come from god's holy drool. Do you think the sea level is NOT affected by all that water now filling those pockets where there used to be oil? And - that's just the oil wells in the ocean. The ones on land aren't magically turning into ponds.
It should LOWER the sea level. Thus solving the "oceans are rising" problem...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-13-2022, 08:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
It’s alliterative 😂😂😂
By golly, so it is ( except for the "brainwashed" part). I take back my comment regarding lack of witty repartee and charm. You came through and I failed to notice it. I'll have to try it sometime. 😄😄😄
Old 10-13-2022, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,038 Times in 4,185 Posts

Quote:
By golly, so it is ( except for the "brainwashed" part). I take back my comment regarding lack of witty repartee and charm. You came through and I failed to notice it. I'll have to try it sometime. 😄😄😄
No problem, it was subtle 😂😂😂
Old 10-13-2022, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,281 Times in 5,449 Posts

Quote:
No problem, it was subtle 😂😂😂
Accordingly to my research subtlety is lost on 57.5% of the posters here
Old 10-13-2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Well, most of the world's scientists believe in global warming. The last 8 years are the globally warmest on recorded weather history - 150years. The world's coral reefs are dying and covered in algae due to overfishing by Chinese mega-fishing fleets. Which even sail with a giant fish processing plant about as big as a military carrier. They over-fish one area of the ocean and when there is nothing left but an empty ocean, they move around the globe. China isn't the only country overfishing. (this can easily be checked with the Google machine) This is an example of humans making Global Warming worse.

The pipeline carrying natural gas from Russia to Europe has been sabotaged leaving 4 holes in the pipe. This caused a great quantity of natural gas to erupt and flow into the upper atmosphere and likely causing greater planetary warming. Because of all these factors, most scientists predict increased warming for the next 30 years. This is another example of humans adding to Global Warming.

All over the world glaciers are melting and ending up in the sea. This makes the oceans rise by MEASURABLE amounts. Scientists have been making sea measurements for many years and are SICKENED by the rapid rate of ocean rise in the last few years. The US Navy is making plans for relocating or modifying all their bases on the east coast because of expected high water problems by 2050 (that can also be easily checked on Google) Oh and did I mention that hurricanes are INCREASING in intensity and destructive force........like the recent hurricane Ian, which we are all familiar with.

These and other facts have led most scientists to believe that man's activities are causing the recent warming of the earth........to the scientists, this is known as SETTLED SCIENCE. And they have been warning about this for over 40 years and the average person WON'T believe them. Maybe in 2050 when Miami is underwater and fish are swimming in underwater condos...................it will be too obvious to not be believed !
Even if we accept that Global Warming is happening there is no way to determine what part, if any, mankind has played in increasing the temperatures of the earth. You offer YOUR beliefs as evidence, but one's belief even if shared by billions of others is not in itself evidence of anything. A warning that by 2050 Miami will be underwater is a prediction that has no merit. It is no more alarming than a prediction that a meteor will impact the earth in 6.3 years destroying the entire planet. Even if they are predictions that will come true there is nothing mankind can do to change such global events. We can't even change a Hurricane, tornado or earthquake, how do you expect mankind to deal with magnitudes larger events such as rising of the oceans to the point of engulfing Miami? Should we stop burning fossil fuels and change every other situation believed to add to global warming, hoping we'll be safe and avoid such a disaster? I believe we're past the point of ever being able to reverse the behaviors that are thought to add to global warming. And further, are all those advocating that mankind is playing a role in global warming not have faith that God is in control of all that transpires on the Earth that he created? Mankind prevailed and survived the 'Great Flood' before we had any of the technologies of today. Can we not survive a world where Miami is underwater? Where do your beliefs take you with regard to the Global Warming issue?
Old 10-14-2022, 03:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,493 Times in 2,564 Posts

Quote:
Right. But the water doesn't come from god's holy drool. Do you think the sea level is NOT affected by all that water now filling those pockets where there used to be oil? And - that's just the oil wells in the ocean. The ones on land aren't magically turning into ponds.
This site has some of the answers how and what replaces the space left when oil is pumped.

What Fills the Space Left in Wells When Oil is Extracted From the Ground?
Old 10-14-2022, 07:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

Trust the scientists?
Scientists predicted 22 asteroid hits to Earth in 2022. Well, we still have two months left to live, I guess so why worry about climate change. I imagine that an asteroid hit on Earth will make a few changes in our environment. Of course, scientists are never wrong and everyone should panic and prepare for the end of the world. I will admit that man has been instrumental in diverting one such collision by sending a rocket that hit an asteroid and diverted it from hitting us. Hmmm, perhaps man can build some huge rockets that will move the Earth further away from the Sun, thus changing our trend toward global warming. Sound crazy? Crazy as folks attempting to change the climate cycles that occur naturally in our world.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Even if we accept that Global Warming is happening there is no way to determine what part, if any, mankind has played in increasing the temperatures of the earth. You offer YOUR beliefs as evidence, but one's belief even if shared by billions of others is not in itself evidence of anything. A warning that by 2050 Miami will be underwater is a prediction that has no merit. It is no more alarming than a prediction that a meteor will impact the earth in 6.3 years destroying the entire planet. Even if they are predictions that will come true there is nothing mankind can do to change such global events. We can't even change a Hurricane, tornado or earthquake, how do you expect mankind to deal with magnitudes larger events such as rising of the oceans to the point of engulfing Miami? Should we stop burning fossil fuels and change every other situation believed to add to global warming, hoping we'll be safe and avoid such a disaster? I believe we're past the point of ever being able to reverse the behaviors that are thought to add to global warming. And further, are all those advocating that mankind is playing a role in global warming not have faith that God is in control of all that transpires on the Earth that he created? Mankind prevailed and survived the 'Great Flood' before we had any of the technologies of today. Can we not survive a world where Miami is underwater? Where do your beliefs take you with regard to the Global Warming issue?
Did you read all the material here, pro and con? Climate change is real and is helped along by the destruction of the natural habitat. The oceans, rainforests are the "lungs" of our planet and have been damaged by massive amounts of humans terra forming and polluting. This is accepted world wide by scientists and world leaders in virtually all nations. We don't offer our beliefs, we offer the preponderance of scientific evidence on this issue.
You mentioned a meteor in you post. Are you aware that very recently we humans sent a rocket that altered its trajectory? Worry less about meteors now, thanks to science.
You lastly ask if we believe God is in control of all that happens on earth. If he is, maybe this is yet another test for us to see if we have learned anything about being good stewards of our home. Or, maybe he threw his hands up and walked away from his 8 billion unruly, squabbling children.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.