Climate Change Discussions

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2022, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,517 Posts

I'm convinced that Climate Change is real. Of course, no one has proven that Climate Change is anything other than the natural evolution of the weather. Some folks are pretty egotistical if they believe they have anything to do with warming the oceans. On the other hand, I do believe scientists when they suggest that volcanoes cause ocean warming. Reason I believe? Because over 20 years ago, I was surfing the Internet and came upon a military site which gave stats on sensors at the poles. They indicated that the ice was melting from the bottom, not the top of the ice. The temps seemed to correspond with the under sea volcano eruptions. I don't take someone's word unless they can show me evidence/proof. Telling me that man exists and the climate changes, therefore man causes climate change, doesn't prove anything. Climate changed before man walked the earth.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I'm convinced that Climate Change is real. Of course, no one has proven that Climate Change is anything other than the natural evolution of the weather. Some folks are pretty egotistical if they believe they have anything to do with warming the oceans. On the other hand, I do believe scientists when they suggest that volcanoes cause ocean warming. Reason I believe? Because over 20 years ago, I was surfing the Internet and came upon a military site which gave stats on sensors at the poles. They indicated that the ice was melting from the bottom, not the top of the ice. The temps seemed to correspond with the under sea volcano eruptions. I don't take someone's word unless they can show me evidence/proof. Telling me that man exists and the climate changes, therefore man causes climate change, doesn't prove anything. Climate changed before man walked the earth.
20 years ago? Learn anything else since then you would like share?
Old 10-14-2022, 12:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,646 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
20 years ago? Learn anything else since then you would like share?
Yes, I learned that there a lot more folks that believe they are intelligent but are easily scammed into thinking that the world is ending any minute, thanks to supposed experts that are just fancy credentialed grifters taking their money.
So far, almost everyone in this discussion has acknowledge that there has been, may still be a problem with air pollution. But, there has been no evidence other than hearsay that man has anything to do with climate change.
Man creates CO2 and nature creates oxygen. Man creates garbage and nature composts it into fertilizer. Nature provided us with fuel for fire, which man has used for cooking, heating/warmth and transportation, and man decides that burning fuel is bad and since one thinks this way, everyone else must sacrifice. Nature provided us with animals for food and man decided that we must limit how many of those animals can be killed, so now we have more deer (example) than ever and hundreds/thousands of accidents per year due to over population of deer and other animals. These are facts, but none of those are evidence of climate change. The ocean is warming. There are volcanoes erupting in the oceans, making them warm. The air is being polluted and we also have volcanoes erupting into the air. We also have forest fires that burn up thousands of acres of forest. Yes, we have mankind. Sorry, but getting rid of mankind is not in the cards. But, none of that has proven to be climate changing.
If you are seeking a consensus of agreement, start with air pollution as the subject and goal of correction. Something that folks can see, and taste. Something that makes sense. The climate changes constantly and telling folks that they are powerful enough to control the cyclic climate is ludicrous without examples/evidence that correction is possible or even necessary. Especially, when you are asking hard working folks to sacrifice their earnings toward what they see as only a fantasy.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, I learned that there a lot more folks that believe they are intelligent but are easily scammed into thinking that the world is ending any minute, thanks to supposed experts that are just fancy credentialed grifters taking their money.
So far, almost everyone in this discussion has acknowledge that there has been, may still be a problem with air pollution. But, there has been no evidence other than hearsay that man has anything to do with climate change.
Man creates CO2 and nature creates oxygen. Man creates garbage and nature composts it into fertilizer. Nature provided us with fuel for fire, which man has used for cooking, heating/warmth and transportation, and man decides that burning fuel is bad and since one thinks this way, everyone else must sacrifice. Nature provided us with animals for food and man decided that we must limit how many of those animals can be killed, so now we have more deer (example) than ever and hundreds/thousands of accidents per year due to over population of deer and other animals. These are facts, but none of those are evidence of climate change. The ocean is warming. There are volcanoes erupting in the oceans, making them warm. The air is being polluted and we also have volcanoes erupting into the air. We also have forest fires that burn up thousands of acres of forest. Yes, we have mankind. Sorry, but getting rid of mankind is not in the cards. But, none of that has proven to be climate changing.
If you are seeking a consensus of agreement, start with air pollution as the subject and goal of correction. Something that folks can see, and taste. Something that makes sense. The climate changes constantly and telling folks that they are powerful enough to control the cyclic climate is ludicrous without examples/evidence that correction is possible or even necessary. Especially, when you are asking hard working folks to sacrifice their earnings toward what they see as only a fantasy.
That is great. Thanks. Majority of world leaders, the worlds top scientists need to hear this for all their studies and evidence is obviously wrong. Even the United Nations is under the delusion that human activity is a main driving force of climate change. Man, what a bunch of fools, huh.

Last edited by fdpaq0580; 10-14-2022 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Did you read all the material here, pro and con? Climate change is real and is helped along by the destruction of the natural habitat. The oceans, rainforests are the "lungs" of our planet and have been damaged by massive amounts of humans terra forming and polluting. This is accepted world wide by scientists and world leaders in virtually all nations. We don't offer our beliefs, we offer the preponderance of scientific evidence on this issue.
You mentioned a meteor in you post. Are you aware that very recently we humans sent a rocket that altered its trajectory? Worry less about meteors now, thanks to science.
You lastly ask if we believe God is in control of all that happens on earth. If he is, maybe this is yet another test for us to see if we have learned anything about being good stewards of our home. Or, maybe he threw his hands up and walked away from his 8 billion unruly, squabbling children.
A post to be proud of. One that shows emphasis on science and the application of science to problem-solving.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Trust the scientists?
Scientists predicted 22 asteroid hits to Earth in 2022. Well, we still have two months left to live, I guess so why worry about climate change. I imagine that an asteroid hit on Earth will make a few changes in our environment. Of course, scientists are never wrong and everyone should panic and prepare for the end of the world. I will admit that man has been instrumental in diverting one such collision by sending a rocket that hit an asteroid and diverted it from hitting us. Hmmm, perhaps man can build some huge rockets that will move the Earth further away from the Sun, thus changing our trend toward global warming. Sound crazy? Crazy as folks attempting to change the climate cycles that occur naturally in our world.
I believe that particular asteroid was a test ONLY and was NOT endangering the earth. It was a "proof of concept" that a rocket COULD protect the earth if EVER in the future that was needed.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
In the 2nd paragraph, the statement is made about, "overpopulation of deer and other animal species". If a person googles the question - is wildlife increasing or decreasing? They will find articles in National Geographic, The Guardian. BBC, CNN, and NPR Basically, they say that animals are DECREASING at a rapid rate. Funny that is just like the icebergs. The time period the scientists studied is from 1970 to 2016. This seems suspiciously LIKE the time period when more humans are on earth and driving more cars and burning MORE FOSSIL FUELS.

The World Wildlife Fund's (WWF) 2020 report stated that around the globe - monitored populations of mammals, fish, birds, and reptiles DECREASED an average of 68% between 1970 and 2016.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
That is great. Thanks. Majority of world leaders, the worlds top scientists need to hear this for all their studies and evidence is obviously wrong. Even the United Nations is under the delusion that human activity is a main driving force of climate change. Man, what a bunch of fools, huh.
Agreed. Short and sweet!
Old 10-14-2022, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Agreed, they are. Glad you finally recognize it
Old 10-14-2022, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
A post to be proud of. One that shows emphasis on science and the application of science to problem-solving.
Yes, changing the trajectory of a small HARMLESS space rock will save us all...

Meanwhile, we're sitting on a super-volcano (Old Faithful, in Yellowstone) that is now due for an eruption that will be a "continent killer"...

Sleep tight folks!

-Tom Petty
Old 10-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
If there is a more useless organization than the un have no idea what it could be.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu from nyc View Post
if there is a more useless organization than the un have no idea what it could be.
ows
Old 10-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If there is a more useless organization than the un have no idea what it could be.
US companies were awarded more than 193 billion dollars worth of procurement contracts from the UN in 2020. UN peacekeepers help prevent conflict and protect civilians around the globe at a fraction of the cost of sending US troops.
Old 10-14-2022, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Agreed, they are. Glad you finally recognize it
Can you say SAR-CAS-M? 😄😃😂
Old 10-14-2022, 07:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Can you say SAR-CAS-M? 😄😃😂
can you??????
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.