Climate change speech

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2023, 01:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
One might consider removing the erroneous, insane and woke filters from their google search engine
How would One know what to think then? I guess one could always watch the View.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/_climatecraze

These do not look like facts. Just the opposite.
Certified Consulting Meteorologist (CCM).
Member: CO2 Coalition.
Lt Col, USAF Retired, Advanced Weather Officer.
Creator of the RAOB Program.

Seems qualified. I mean, he is no Greta Thunberg, but he is qualified to have a voice.
Old 01-27-2023, 02:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,458 Times in 2,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
not going to take a side, but following your view what do you propose be done?
As I said, there is no doubt the climate is changing.
My 'opinion' is it is a natural change, not man made.
Can I prove it? Of course not, any more than any other opinion.
What do I propose should be done?
Get on with the remaining years I have left.
Doesn't hurt to clean the environment along the way, which has been done since I was a kid.
Air pollution, river cleanliness, car emissions etc are a thousand times better in the 80+ years I have lived, yet enough will never be enough for the fanatics.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
As I said, there is no doubt the climate is changing.
My 'opinion' is it is a natural change, not man made.
Can I prove it? Of course not, any more than any other opinion.
What do I propose should be done?
Get on with the remaining years I have left.
Doesn't hurt to clean the environment along the way, which has been done since I was a kid.
Air pollution, river cleanliness, car emissions etc are a thousand times better in the 80+ years I have lived, yet enough will never be enough for the fanatics.
Sounds reasonable to me. The US seems to be moving in the right direction. We have more forestland now that we did 100 years ago. Let's keep moving in the right direction.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
(Psst. You are correct. The deniers are wrong. Their cult will find any obscure, misleading, or invented phony facts or use any convoluted false logic to avoid having to face and accept the truth. They can't handle the truth. Reality of the worlds health as a result of human overpopulation and habitat destruction should be of great concern to everyone. But the deniers won't break step with their dogma. They will stay the course and never, ever take an honest look at, or honestly evaluate anything that doesn't support the cult agenda. They will never run out of arguments because they can make it up as they go along.
Don't be down hearted. Don't dispare. There are more like you, who know and try to spread truth. Many,many more.
Just thought you should know.)
Thanks, I have given it a good old "college try" and I have no serious megaphone. I feel a little like the main lady in the movie "Aliens" when she asks, "Have IQs fallen recently here on Earth".
Old 01-27-2023, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,999 Times in 4,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Thanks, I have given it a good old "college try" and I have no serious megaphone. I feel a little like the main lady in the movie "Aliens" when she asks, "Have IQs fallen recently here on Earth".
I have often wondered why climate change advocates are so unwilling to admit that we just don't know enough, or have enough long term data to know for sure.
I suspect it is because their fearless leaders---the ones with an agenda----send forth their minions to "spread the word" like good little woke soldiers, ignorant of what they are espousing or the true purpose of this nonsense. Or maybe they have an inkling, but are hoping to get a few crumbs off the table of the masters who stand to rake in trillions on this fraud they are perpetuating on the world.
Old 01-27-2023, 03:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
One might consider removing the erroneous, insane and woke filters from their google search engine
"WOKE", now that IS a cute word. I have been hearing that used a lot "in the potholes of their minds". I wonder....if an Englishman was WOKE, would he/she be a WOKE / BLOKE known to STROKE and SMOKE COKE while he would GLOTE about the prowess of his GOAT that was known to EMOTE from an island REMOTE and in the sun, they would SOAK ?
Truthfully, I say unto you......the world needs to WOKE up to the REALITIES of Global Warming and the associated human population increases...... before we-all WOKE up back into a neanderthal era. We will be using our rusting 7 and 9 irons to fight off the coyotes and wolves that are the only other creatures surviving !
Old 01-27-2023, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
"WOKE", now that IS a cute word. I have been hearing that used a lot "in the potholes of their minds". I wonder....if an Englishman was WOKE, would he/she be a WOKE / BLOKE known to STROKE and SMOKE COKE while he would GLOTE about the prowess of his GOAT that was known to EMOTE from an island REMOTE and in the sun, they would SOAK ?
Truthfully, I say unto you......the world needs to WOKE up to the REALITIES of Global Warming and the associated human population increases...... before we-all WOKE up back into a neanderthal era. We will be using our rusting 7 and 9 irons to fight off the coyotes and wolves that are the only other creatures surviving !
Wow---you're a poet and didn't knowit.

and we're more likely to be fighting off cockroaches than wolves.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Smoke/air pollution increasing the density of the naturally occurring clouds and CO2 and other greenhouse gases contributing to an atmospheric shield that may be increasing the rate of naturally occurring warming. Yeah, nothing similar there.

Again, except for sounding, the debate is not about the fact of warming. The debate is about human activities causing an increase in the rate of warming. The argument for seems to be based on science and data while the argument against seems to be based on denial and conspiracy.

I don't know which is more correct, I only know which is more convincing.
Good post.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
not going to take a side, but following your view what do you propose be done?
Simple ......buy an E-bike and an Electric car. WE have been talking about that starting 8 pages ago.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sounds reasonable to me. The US seems to be moving in the right direction. We have more forestland now that we did 100 years ago. Let's keep moving in the right direction.
How is it that the US has more forestland than "ever" after the whole West burned down for the last 2 years? Maybe we have a lot of forestlands, but only the seeds left over from the fire are starting to grow. And last I heard plant seeds do NOT remove much CO2 from the atmosphere.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Simple ......buy an E-bike and an Electric car. WE have been talking about that starting 8 pages ago.
Actually, the best independent climatologists state that if humans have any effect on the climate, it is simply to delay the next period of glaciation by about 5,000 years, and even that is mainly due to the rise of agriculture in Asia starting about 8,000 BC. So by fighting "global warming", you are hastening the glaciers. Personally, I'd rather put on # 700 sunblock and bask on my new beachfront property here in The Villages than be crushed by 2 miles of ice.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
I have often wondered why climate change advocates are so unwilling to admit that we just don't know enough, or have enough long term data to know for sure.
I suspect it is because their fearless leaders---the ones with an agenda----send forth their minions to "spread the word" like good little woke soldiers, ignorant of what they are espousing or the true purpose of this nonsense. Or maybe they have an inkling, but are hoping to get a few crumbs off the table of the masters who stand to rake in trillions on this fraud they are perpetuating on the world.
I hope some people are getting paid as oil and gas lobbyists because they are certainly working hard to spread those, "greater tidings of joy".
Old 01-27-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow---you're a poet and didn't knowit.

and we're more likely to be fighting off cockroaches than wolves.
If the roaches start evolving larger to the size of wolves and then both wolves and humans are toast.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, the best independent climatologists state that if humans have any effect on the climate, it is simply to delay the next period of glaciation by about 5,000 years, and even that is mainly due to the rise of agriculture in Asia starting about 8,000 BC. So by fighting "global warming", you are hastening the glaciers. Personally, I'd rather put on # 700 sunblock and bask on my new beachfront property here in The Villages than be crushed by 2 miles of ice.
I am more interested in E-Vehicles than Paleontology.
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, change, january, debates, society

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.