Confederate General's street name change.

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Default Confederate General's street name change.

Saw on the Orlando news that some people want to change any street named after a Confederate General. Talk about unintended consequences.
Every one on the street will have to change their address with any one that contacts them.
9-1-1 will have to be updated.
All maps and GPS programs will have to be updated.
Homeowners will have to file new plats and deeds with the new name.
I am sure there are many more changes that will have to be made.
So much for politically correct.
Maybe the people wanting change will fund the changes.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I hope no one will be offended by my brother in law, Bob Lee's tombstone as he lies peacefully at St. Joseph's Cemetery.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Perfect stupidity....the current majority loses another one!!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:52 PM
Gold member

I'll bet no one who wants the name changed lives on that street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2017, 02:07 PM
fw102807

I just want to know how changing the street name will stop discrimination. We are now blaming the street signs and monuments and confederate flags for how people treat each other? Makes me glad I'm old.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:30 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Perfect stupidity....the current majority loses another one!!
btk: I wish this were just stupidity but this is a well orchestrated campaign by dark forces using useful idiots and feigning racism as an intent on re-writing history, intent on punishing and wiping out all white European's contribution to the western world.

Many of these radicals are paid by people like George Soros who is determined to bring America to its knees because if he succeeds then as a globalist he gains more power and control.

I wonder why our elective representatives do not have the backbone to stand up and stop this assault on American history and tradition. they are cowards.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
btk: I wish this were just stupidity but this is a well orchestrated campaign by dark forces using useful idiots and feigning racism as an intent on re-writing history, intent on punishing and wiping out all white European's contribution to the western world.

Many of these radicals are paid by people like George Soros who is determined to bring America to its knees because if he succeeds then as a globalist he gains more power and control.

I wonder why our elective representatives do not have the backbone to stand up and stop this assault on American history and tradition. they are cowards.

Personal Best Regards:
:BigApplaus e:
Old 09-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

The belief that the Negro is biologically inferior to the white is one of the white European's contributions to the Western world. That belief was dearly held by the overwhelming number of those who fought for the CSA and still held by many of their apologists today. We who are in the pay of George Soros, I cashed my check today, realize this is an abhorrent belief and that honoring those whose historical contribution to attempting to maintain that peculiar institution is what got a street named, a college dorm named, a statue erected perpetuates the mistake of having a society honor racists.
It is more complex in evaluating people like Jefferson. Woodrow Wilson was terrible. But CSA generals fought to preserve slavery which was the overwhelming reason for those southern states to attempt to leave the United States. They fought against the United States in the support of keeping slavery. This is not something we should be honoring or celebrating.
Hoping that my payment from George for this comment will come soon.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Sage
Default Confederate General's street name change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
The belief that the Negro is biologically inferior to the white is one of the white European's contributions to the Western world. That belief was dearly held by the overwhelming number of those who fought for the CSA and still held by many of their apologists today. We who are in the pay of George Soros, I cashed my check today, realize this is an abhorrent belief and that honoring those whose historical contribution to attempting to maintain that peculiar institution is what got a street named, a college dorm named, a statue erected perpetuates the mistake of having a society honor racists.

It is more complex in evaluating people like Jefferson. Woodrow Wilson was terrible. But CSA generals fought to preserve slavery which was the overwhelming reason for those southern states to attempt to leave the United States. They fought against the United States in the support of keeping slavery. This is not something we should be honoring or celebrating.

You do realize that using the term "negro" is derogatory. Or, is your post just being facetious ?
The Words 'Oriental' and 'Negro' Can No Longer Be Used in US Federal Laws | VICE News

Last edited by Wiotte; 09-03-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
You do realize that using the term "negro" is derogatory. Or, is your post just being facetious ?
The Words 'Oriental' and 'Negro' Can No Longer Be Used in US Federal Laws | VICE News
Blue Ash is trying to get some folks goat.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:44 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post

The people we are speaking about should be judged by the belief, etc of their time. And not very many races or national origins in the history of mankind, escaped slavery discrimination subjugation . so the black population is not alone.

As to the Civil War. It was a war of northern aggression. It was not primarily fought over slavery.

Cotton was a major industry and concentrated down south. The North wanted to increase tariffs and taxes on this industry.

Southerns rebelled and wanted to secede from the Union.

What is overlooked and I suspect intentionally is that the North and only the North passed through the 36th Congress, the CORWIN AMENDMENT on March 2, 1861. This amendment shielded slavery from the Constitution
Ergo the North accepted slavery
and yes there were people on both sides opposed to slavery. but here we are talk about the politic of the Civil War

To garner support to go to war with the South the issue of slavery was then raised.

What is happening in this country as to the subject matter is nothing more than fascism and those applauding it are complicit.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-04-2017, 06:02 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

"1984"
Closed Thread

Tags
change, street, updated, confederate, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.