Covid-19 view from a Calififornia doctor's experience

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2020, 08:17 PM
Default Covid-19 view from a Calififornia doctor's experience

A lengthy discussion but may be worthwhile to some people.
More thoughts and discussion on what Covid-19 is doing to hospitals and society.
Meant for information only, not an opinion of what we should do.

Dr. Erickson On COVID-19 Briefing
Old 05-02-2020, 10:30 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spieka1912 View Post
More thoughts and discussion on what Covid-19 is doing to hospitals and society.

I saw him in an nterview tonight. I was disappointed, to say the least, how he appeared to have more concern about the nickels he was losing thuan regard for human life. (IMHO)
Old 05-02-2020, 11:32 PM
Veteran member

These two doctors own "doc in a box" strip mall urgent care clinics... not the "typical" route to wealth and professional accreditation for most top docs, just saying.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 05-03-2020, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,511 Times in 1,911 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

There has been much discussion on this tape for days among many people on Facebook. It appears that Facebook has in some way disallowed this tape or screened it in some way as unreliable.

As another poster says, they own a bunch of doc in the box in strip malls. I had a cousin, a sweet guy, drank a little too much and now has passed on, and he was an M.D. Had difficulty keeping a job and ended up working at an urgent care. Yes, I jumped to a conclusion.

I am just about worn out trying to get hard facts and data from reliable sources on this epidemic.

I will say that I would have a lot more trust in anything that Dr. Fauci says on the subject, although he, like most people, was behind the information curve for a while.....and we all seem to be watching the people in charge playing games.

I want "just the facts, Ma'am."

They are hard to find.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:38 AM

Well the Docs In The Box are marginally better than the "doctors" you find on cruise ships that are mainly there to hand out dramamine and booze it up
Old 05-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

The claims of these "doctors" has drawn widespread condemnation from health officials and medical experts, and the video has been withdrawn from Youtube for violating their policy on misinformation.
Epidemiologists have said there is a lot to object to from a scientific point of view. One big problem is that the doctors made estimates based on their clinics' clients who were tested, not a sampling of the general population, which gave corrupted results.
The American College of Emergency Physicians and American Academy of Emergency Medicine issued a statement calling the pair's claims "reckless and untested musings" that are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19, and said it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public's health.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:49 AM

That's the perfect situation for MSNBC or CNN
Old 05-03-2020, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I saw him in an nterview tonight. I was disappointed, to say the least, how he appeared to have more concern about the nickels he was losing thuan regard for human life. (IMHO)
I am more concerned about the amount of debt we are leaving for our children and grandchildren. It's not all about us!
Old 05-03-2020, 08:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,800 Times in 736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
I am more concerned about the amount of debt we are leaving for our children and grandchildren. It's not all about us!
That’s exactly right, it’s not about us. It’s about the wonderful, highly intelligent, younger generation whom we love dearly. We don’t want them dead because of their asthma or diabetes complicated Covid 19 illness. They have families to raise and so much to contribute to society. That’s why the nickels takes back seat. This economy will recover, dead people won’t. If you had immediate family with that medical history, I believe your perspective would be different.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,455 Times in 2,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
If you are over 60-70, it's your generation of kids running the show!
Closed Thread

Tags
covid-19, discussion, doctors, opinion, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.