Customer service gone

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2015, 01:05 PM
Gold member
Default Customer service gone

I'm about ready to explode and wonder if it's me? We just bought a new refrigerator from home depot (a LG). When purchasing of course we were talked into the 5 yr warranty to protect ourselves. The sales woman also wrote down the number for Warranty and circled it and said any problems call this and they will take care of you.
OK after 3 weeks a problem develops. I call. After waiting at least 1\2 hr trying to get a "live" person on the phone, Finally one gets on and says I have to call LG not home depot. After another 1\2 hr I get someone on line but I can barely understand her but I hang in there. She had me try this, try that, and I told her, look send someone here. I'm not a refrigerator repair man. She told me if she does and there is no problem, I will be charged. I told her no we have a warranty. Got no where. After another 1\2 hr of trying to figure out why alarm isn't working when door is left open, she said OK Monday I can send someone. Told her not good, important Dr that day, now about another day. She said no can't schedule that now, I have to call back again next week. Told her put supervisor on and got no where with that either. Now I have to spend my time going to store and wait for sales person go complain. This is outrageous. Customer service islong gone. I've had it
Old 07-31-2015, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,923 Times in 784 Posts

Told you not to buy an LG!!!
Old 07-31-2015, 03:21 PM

Lg=ugh
Old 07-31-2015, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

In my opinion Home depot should be dealing with this defective product the first year. They are so quick to sell you everything but the moon for a commission or to meet sales quotas. Hope this gets settled for you soon. This is also why I buy a very basic appliance that meets my needs.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:36 PM
Gold member

It's Not LG. It's the lack of customer service. I find for most every situation today you are Lucky if you get a person on the phone. I don't have 1\2 hrs to spend on the phone waiting for a person. By the time I've spent the time pressing 30-40 numbers I am fit to be tied. I honestly think they want you to give up and hang up therefore they dont have to deal with you
Old 07-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,096 Times in 375 Posts

Do I understand that the door alarm does not work when the door is open? That is urgent? Can't wait until another day?

Make sure the door is closed. Problem solved until Monday.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:24 PM
Gold member

Don't think you understand. Of course not urgent but needs to be checked and it can't be checked if I can't get a person on the phone to assist me. It's just frustrating today when you have to make calls again and again and you can't get a person on phone. Long story but just needed to vent
Old 07-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Platinum member

Sounds crazy but have you tried unplugging, waiting a few minutes, and plugging back in? Sometimes the computer needs resetting. Worth a try.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

I use to repair appliances and never did like LG. GE has always worked good for me. And dont get the fancy ones just more to go wrong and frustrate you. Same with cars dont care for fancy just something that is reliable. Bottom line does it works.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,096 Times in 375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Don't think you understand. Of course not urgent but needs to be checked and it can't be checked if I can't get a person on the phone to assist me. It's just frustrating today when you have to make calls again and again and you can't get a person on phone. Long story but just needed to vent
I understand need to vent as I did several months ago on air conditioner outage. But pick your battles, save your blood pressure. Googled LG door alarms and saw following. Read all as there were instructions as to how to shut off and turn on the alarm.

When the power is connected to the refrigerator, the door alarm is initially set ON and the light above the door alarm button will be on. When either the refrigerator or the freezer door is left open for more than 60 seconds, the alarm will ding to let you know the door is open. When you close the door, the door alarm will stop dinging. The door alarm can be disabled. If you want to disable the door alarm function, press the alarm button then the light above the alarm button will turn off.

A previous poster suggested turning off power and restarting. Sounds like there should be an alarm button with a light above. I would see if your literature describes alarm button and light above. If so see if light is on, if not then press button to see if it comes on.

How to Shut Off an LG Fridge Beep

LG refrigerators offer a door alarm that will beep if the refrigerator, or freezer, door is open for an extended period. The alarm will beep every few seconds until the door is properly closed. The alarm is helpful if you are unaware that you did not properly close the door. If you prefer to turn the alarm off, you can do so at any time.

Instructions

1.Locate the control panel on the front of your refrigerator.

2.View the control panel and locate the "Alarm/Lock" button on the far-right side of the control panel.

3.Press the "Alarm/Lock" button on the control panel one time to turn off the door alarm beep.

4.Press the "Alarm/Lock" button a second time to turn the door alarm beep back on.

Read more : How to Shut Off an LG Fridge Beep (4 Steps) | eHow

That could be the reason the company says that if no defect you may be charged.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's Not LG. It's the lack of customer service. I find for most every situation today you are Lucky if you get a person on the phone. I don't have 1\2 hrs to spend on the phone waiting for a person. By the time I've spent the time pressing 30-40 numbers I am fit to be tied. I honestly think they want you to give up and hang up therefore they dont have to deal with you
Actually, setting aside the problems people have with the LG refrigerators themselves, the problem IS LG if it's their customer service you are having trouble with.

If you go to LG web site and click on customer support, they have an online chat person. I've always found these online chat support people faster and easier to deal with than those over the phone. We use them for all our utility and appliance problems. No wait. No hanging on the phone. No problems understanding people. The internet can make your life a lot easier.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:55 PM
Gold member

I can understand the OP venting. I thought we were the only ones that had issues with customer service. I wish I had a penny for every minute I have spent on the phone on hold waiting or trying to explain to the umpteenth person my problem. I make a special effort to let a company know when one of the employees does a great job. On rare occasion you get that person who will even go above and beyond to help you. My thanks to those good people. And by the way OP, LG is a company I would never buy from again, myself, because of their customer service. Hope the earlier posters suggestion helped you. If not, try Googling your problem.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
I can understand the OP venting. I thought we were the only ones that had issues with customer service. I wish I had a penny for every minute I have spent on the phone on hold waiting or trying to explain to the umpteenth person my problem. I make a special effort to let a company know when one of the employees does a great job. On rare occasion you get that person who will even go above and beyond to help you. My thanks to those good people. And by the way OP, LG is a company I would never buy from again, myself, because of their customer service. Hope the earlier posters suggestion helped you. If not, try Googling your problem.
I was going to suggest googling the problem, but I did it myself first and didn't come up with much. Mostly it was the problem of the door alarm staying on.

Off topic, but I had to disable the LG door alarm in our last house because it scared the devil out of the dog!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Veteran member

we had major problem with Samsung and the 3rd repairman... yes, the 3rd, recommended LG... so go figure.. I had to deal with Samsung customer service until I lost my mind,, the nice people at Home Depot found my mind and put me in touch with a Home Depot supervisor in Alabama, who fixed my problem with a new fridge.. so.. bottom line.. you never know.. buying a new appliance is almost like playing the lottery..
sometimes you win but mostly you lose..
Old 07-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm about ready to explode and wonder if it's me? We just bought a new refrigerator from home depot (a LG). When purchasing of course we were talked into the 5 yr warranty to protect ourselves. The sales woman also wrote down the number for Warranty and circled it and said any problems call this and they will take care of you.
OK after 3 weeks a problem develops. I call. After waiting at least 1\2 hr trying to get a "live" person on the phone, Finally one gets on and says I have to call LG not home depot. After another 1\2 hr I get someone on line but I can barely understand her but I hang in there. She had me try this, try that, and I told her, look send someone here. I'm not a refrigerator repair man. She told me if she does and there is no problem, I will be charged. I told her no we have a warranty. Got no where. After another 1\2 hr of trying to figure out why alarm isn't working when door is left open, she said OK Monday I can send someone. Told her not good, important Dr that day, now about another day. She said no can't schedule that now, I have to call back again next week. Told her put supervisor on and got no where with that either. Now I have to spend my time going to store and wait for sales person go complain. This is outrageous. Customer service islong gone. I've had it
I agree

Last edited by HimandMe; 07-31-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
told, call, warranty, depot, refrigerator, person, home, customer, problem, day, send, service, sales, charged, door, working, repair, alarm, man, figure, important, time, spend, store, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.