Customer Service Is Not Dead!

Old 05-01-2024, 08:52 AM
Default Customer Service Is Not Dead!

I recently had some body work done on my van after a parking lot accident. (Somebody swiped across the rear of the van messing up the tailgate, bumper and one tail light.) My insurance company sent me to Joe Hudson's Collision Center in Belleview. The folks there did a very good job making my van look like new. But a couple of weeks later somebody pointed out that the replacement tail light was not properly seated. I took it back to the shop and they took it in immediately and reinstalled it, telling me if it happened again just bring it back. It happened again. They removed it, checked to see if the retaining clips were damaged, which they weren't, and reinstalled it. It came loose again. Back to the shop. This time I was told the insurance company only approves aftermarket parts as opposed to original equipment parts because...it's cheaper! No surprise there. But the aftermarket lens just didn't fit right. So the gal who runs the shop said she would contact the insurance company and see if they would go for original equipment. About 10 days later she called and said my new tail light was in. I immediately went up there, had the light installed and it fit perfectly. Just before I got behind the wheel to leave I asked her how much trouble it was to get the insurance company to go for the more expensive part. She said she knew they were going to fight it and it just wasn't worth the hassle...so she went ahead, on her own, and got the OE herself...NO CHARGE! That's customer service!!! The best part of the story is if I hadn't asked her that question about fighting the insurance company she never would have told me she provided the part, not them!
Old 05-01-2024, 09:06 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I recently had some body work done on my van after a parking lot accident. (Somebody swiped across the rear of the van messing up the tailgate, bumper and one tail light.) My insurance company sent me to Joe Hudson's Collision Center in Belleview. The folks there did a very good job making my van look like new. But a couple of weeks later somebody pointed out that the replacement tail light was not properly seated. I took it back to the shop and they took it in immediately and reinstalled it, telling me if it happened again just bring it back. It happened again. They removed it, checked to see if the retaining clips were damaged, which they weren't, and reinstalled it. It came loose again. Back to the shop. This time I was told the insurance company only approves aftermarket parts as opposed to original equipment parts because...it's cheaper! No surprise there. But the aftermarket lens just didn't fit right. So the gal who runs the shop said she would contact the insurance company and see if they would go for original equipment. About 10 days later she called and said my new tail light was in. I immediately went up there, had the light installed and it fit perfectly. Just before I got behind the wheel to leave I asked her how much trouble it was to get the insurance company to go for the more expensive part. She said she knew they were going to fight it and it just wasn't worth the hassle...so she went ahead, on her own, and got the OE herself...NO CHARGE! That's customer service!!! The best part of the story is if I hadn't asked her that question about fighting the insurance company she never would have told me she provided the part, not them!
Generally speaking, customer service is on life support in this country. Hudsons is a pretty big outfit so the office staff definitely went out of their way to make you whole. Kudos to them Good testimonial!
Old 05-01-2024, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,274 Times in 5,446 Posts

The one time I went there for an estimate gave it to me and sent to my insurance car for an approval. The estimator saw my passenger door would not open for me and fixed it on the spot
Old 05-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,774 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I found the Lady lake/Fruitland park location also very caring,

Tags
company, insurance, light, tail, shop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.