Deep Thinkers 3

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2022, 07:28 PM
Default Deep Thinkers 3

Reaching total conscientious is nothing more than having common sense. We know that crop circles are man made, we know that Bigfoot is a ruse, we know the UFO's that have not been faked are secret military projects, and we know that we have not been visited by aliens. Area 51 was a ruse by the government to scare the Russians into thinking we had alien technology.
Star Wars defense system was the same. There are no alien creatures in the sea, in mountain caves, or in a government lab. Why do we spend so much time trying to fool people into believing something that is not real?
Old 08-19-2022, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
Reaching total conscientious is nothing more than having common sense. We know that crop circles are man made, we know that Bigfoot is a ruse, we know the UFO's that have not been faked are secret military projects, and we know that we have not been visited by aliens. Area 51 was a ruse by the government to scare the Russians into thinking we had alien technology.
Star Wars defense system was the same. There are no alien creatures in the sea, in mountain caves, or in a government lab. Why do we spend so much time trying to fool people into believing something that is not real?
For the fun of it? To deflect attention from something you are trying to hide?
Old 08-19-2022, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,289 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Why do we spend so much time trying to fool people into believing something that is not real?
Because it’s a lot more fun than spending one’s time deep thinking.
Old 08-20-2022, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Early science had it that there were five planets (six, if you counted the moon). We didn't know that Uranus and Neptune existed--until we did.

Early science had it that the Earth was the center of everthing (I mean, the VISUAL proof was right before your eyes). We didn't know that the Earth was simply one of the planets that rotated around the sun--until we did.

Until quite recently, cutting-edge "science" had it that disease was spread by various things: poisoned wells, or taking too many baths, or by smelling bad smells, etc. etc. We didn't know that microscopic critters that we couldn't see but rode around in various media such as the fur of rats, the guts of mosquitoes or the legs of houseflies and spread often horrific diseases--until we did.

And so on. There are probably hundreds of examples of what "common sense" told us in the past, that turned out to be absolutely false.

I find it interesting, if a bit specious, to claim that "total consciousness" exists of nothing more than knowing that something doesn't exist, simply because we've not found proof positive that it does. We're built to perceive things on a very narrow spectrum and it is only as we develop methods of perception that expand that spectrum do we learn just how narrow our "vision" was. Telescopes, for example, showed us the wonders of the universe in ways that we never could have dreamed. Anton van Leeuwenhoek's invention of the microscope allowed us to see those little critters that spread the disease. For millennia we stood in awe of birds and how they could take to the air, having very little idea of just how--until a couple of brothers named Orville and Wilbur Wright came along and proved that it was not only possible but actually pretty easy--IF one understood the principles. Birds and fish cover thousands of miles to nest or lay their eggs where they themselves were hatched. We still don't really know how they do it but the fact that we don't know HOW they do it doesn't mean that their ability to do so doesn't exist.

I doubt that total consciousness--or total understanding, which is what is really being discussed here--will never be achieved. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a worthy goal. The route to expanding consciousness first begins with an open mind; what we accomplish after that is dependent only on the vision of the people who allow their minds to BE open.

I do know one thing. And that one thing that has been proven time and time again to be an absolute barrier AGAINST expanding our consciousness is "Common sense".
Old 08-20-2022, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,470 Posts

Quote:
Our understanding the world is constantly changing so who knows which of the above things you think are wrong are actually right.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,289 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Our understanding the world is constantly changing so who knows which of the above things you think are wrong are actually right.
After watching Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who and Men In Black, I got all the answers I need.
Old 08-20-2022, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,525 Times in 2,129 Posts

Quote:
and we know that we have not been visited by aliens.
We cannot know that we have not been visited by aliens. We can know that we are not aware of being visited, we have no proof of the positive, but there is no way to prove the negative.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-20-2022, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Your posit to the deep thinkers is "Why do we spend so much time trying to fool people into believing something that is not real?"

Everything your wrote before it is subjective, and a logical fallacy. We do not KNOW those things are untrue. You are using those examples to steer responses to your eventual inquiry. I believe it is an Argument of Ignorance fallacy, also known as Argumentum ex Silentio.

Ignoring the unproven claims with which your paragraph begins, and focusing on just the last sentence - the one that matters in this discourse, I offer the following:

We spend so much time trying to fool people (counter intel, psyops) for a variety of reasons. A few examples include:

1. To woo women. To make them think we are smarter, wealthier, stronger, more attractive than we are. For the opposite gender, they use make-up and flattering hair and clothing styles to "fool" men into think they are more attractive than they might otherwise be - so to woo men;

2. To save resources. If I fool an adversary into thinking I am stronger than I am, I do not actually have to build the hypersonic weapons he thinks I already have;

3. To create resources. To make money by convincing others (or fooling them) into thinking my product is the best one and the one they want to buy;

4. To influence society. If I can fool people into thinking the sky is falling, then I can get a majority to vote to increase funding to the "Sky Is Falling Agency" to hire more people (increasing the influence of that agency's administration), to spend on projects I prefer, and/or to direct money to studies or vendors of my choice.

I am certain there are more examples, but I wish to enjoy by coffee and peruse the web rather than type away with both hands.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 08-20-2022, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,317 Times in 5,470 Posts

They walk amongst us
Old 08-20-2022, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They walk amongst us
Yes. We do.
👮👩👴👵👸👦👽👮👨👩
Old 08-20-2022, 04:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default UFO's

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who has seen UFO's

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-20-2022, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
We cannot know that we have not been visited by aliens. We can know that we are not aware of being visited, we have no proof of the positive, but there is no way to prove the negative.
According to the ancient aliens crowd there is tons of proof all.around the world. Much of it fun reading or watching.
Old 08-20-2022, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
It is an interesting thing. Maybe 99.9999% of the reports of alien sightings or interactions are bogus. Overactive imaginations.

But if even ONE is true, then that 99.9999% doesn't matter.
Old 08-20-2022, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
It is an interesting thing. Maybe 99.9999% of the reports of alien sightings or interactions are bogus. Overactive imaginations.

But if even ONE is true, then that 99.9999% doesn't matter.
Unless you can identify that there is a real one and which one it is, better take them all seriously. Imagine a scenario where you are the head of secret service protecting the president. There is a report of 1000 enemy snipers. Infact, there are 999 fake snipers with blank ammo and only 1 real sniper with real ammo. You have no choice but to find them all. After all, you have not idea that there is only one. There might be more. The one you miss could change the course of history.
Every sighting is possibly real until it is proven not to be.
Old 08-21-2022, 04:43 AM
Platinum member
Default The truth is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdoffive View Post
it is an interesting thing. Maybe 99.9999% of the reports of alien sightings or interactions are bogus. Overactive imaginations.

But if even one is true, then that 99.9999% doesn't matter.
keep looking over my shoulder for the guy with the dreads and bad breath
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-08-21-05-37-37-25_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	94811  
Closed Thread

Tags
government, alien, ruse, lab, technology

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.