Digital proof of vaccination is in the works

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Mean....
Seriously???? I pointed out, well let's call it somewhat less than logical or educated conclusion, lest you consider it mean.

OK, I'll give a chance at payback. I'm afraid to eat chocolate cake because 15 years ago my cousin's landscaper's babysitter's hair dresser's mother had an allergic reaction to shellfish.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
All these claims of huge numbers dying from vaccination in secret, and not one source is posted when asked.
Do you honestly think that some posters on here are party to this information, and yet the media is in the dark.
C'mon son!!
Not sure where you've been or why you apparently don't have google, but there are numerous articles about it, many of which were shared in a thread a couple of weeks ago.
Here is one to get you started, if you still struggle with google, I'm sure a neighbor could help you out.
Pfizer vaccine worries Norway as 29 elderly people die after taking shot | Business Standard News
Old 02-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

More information regarding what may be in our future for a Covid Vaccination "Passport".

COVID-19 vaccine card is not an immunity passport. Here's the difference - CNET
Old 02-01-2021, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Just as a very small example...a restaurant owner who has finally got things up and running postcovid, is now serving...do you really think they are going to want patrons that have not had their vaccinated.
I know, everyone is gonna to yell... "there are rules" etc,etc...but let's face these businesses will do what they want. There may be signs that won't allow you
.....js
Yes, I believe the business owner will want all paying customers regardless of race, religion, or vaccination status. If they don’t, if they chose to discriminate, then they won’t get my business either.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-01-2021, 12:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I think everyone here knows the OP agenda. Endless threads, every day about the same thing. OP has 23 posts IN THIS THREAD (so far, the day is young). I truly hope she gets her 2nd vax soon and is able to step away from the keyboard for a while.
In the meantime, I can tell you that the ONLY poster on this board that I give any credibility in this discussion (and many others) is Golfing Eagle.
Old 02-01-2021, 02:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
Well said. OP sounds very Orwellian to me. I can't believe someone would even say "so what if you have allergies, isn't that what epi pens are for"? OMG the lack of knowledge.
Are you aware that epi-pens are to reverse an anaphylactic reaction? Do you know what an anaphylactic reaction is?
Old 02-01-2021, 02:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkruege1 View Post
First off this is the link to MIT.
Will you have to carry a vaccine passport on your phone? | MIT Technology Review

There's a lot more to the article but here is the point you should be aware of. Immunization doesn’t mean safety
While several vaccines appear highly effective at preventing symptoms of covid-19, we don’t know whether they stop people from catching and spreading the virus asymptomatically. Trials of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine suggested it may limit transmission from asymptomatic carriers, but Pfizer and Moderna’s trials didn’t regularly test participants for the virus if they didn’t have symptoms.

More data is needed to prove conclusively that vaccination prevents you from giving covid-19 to other people, and how long immunity lasts. It’s also important to remember that what’s true for one vaccine may not be true for another.

Without these crucial pieces of information, vaccination credentials only prove that you received a vaccine on a particular date—not that you do not have and cannot catch the disease. In the meantime, a negative covid test remains the best evidence that you’re not contagious. And since tests are far from perfect, you should still follow public health guidance about limiting spread whenever you can.
I am certainly not alone in wanting a safer world around us and to be able to return to a normal existence. Here is another excerpt from the same article which supports my POV.......

"Some of the terms being thrown around are confusing, like “vaccine passport.” In some scenarios, your records might function like an actual passport—think of arriving at the airport in a new country, pulling out your smartphone, and scanning a digital record of your vaccination or negative test. But those records could also act like a work authorization at your job, or a pass to get into restaurants, bars, and shopping malls."
Old 02-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Or tattoo at least with tattoos they won’t have ability to monitor or spy.
Great idea! How about a bar code right on everyone's forehead so that it is visible to anyone that might question?
Old 02-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am certainly not alone in wanting a safer world around us and to be able to return to a normal existence. Here is another excerpt from the same article which supports my POV.......

"Some of the terms being thrown around are confusing, like “vaccine passport.” In some scenarios, your records might function like an actual passport—think of arriving at the airport in a new country, pulling out your smartphone, and scanning a digital record of your vaccination or negative test. But those records could also act like a work authorization at your job, or a pass to get into restaurants, bars, and shopping malls."
What about the part that said this:

No one solution will work for everybody

Even if these tools are built, blocking people from ordinary activities on the basis of their vaccination status brings up serious ethical and legal considerations. Screening people by vaccination status is hard when no country has made vaccination mandatory so far, and there are many cases in which people who might otherwise be eligible (for example, pregnant women or those who suffer from serious allergies) are discouraged from receiving the vaccine while more data is gathered.
Old 02-01-2021, 03:55 PM

Amen
Closed Thread

Tags
vaccination, entrance, proof, digital, works

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.