Direct TV Stream drops ABC!

Old 02-04-2024, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Direct TV Stream drops ABC!

We were just notified Direct TV Stream was no longer carrying ABC. There are several of our favorite programs on this network.

So now we have to go shopping again for a streaming service that meets our needs.

The continuing ala carte services price increases and program changes is starting to suggest a look back to cable (Xfinity).

My only complaint with Xfinity/Comcast was price.....ever increasing. Maybe the reality of consistency, convenience and reliability have "some" merit.
Old 02-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
We were just notified Direct TV Stream was no longer carrying ABC. There are several of our favorite programs on this network.

So now we have to go shopping again for a streaming service that meets our needs.

The continuing ala carte services price increases and program changes is starting to suggest a look back to cable (Xfinity).

My only complaint with Xfinity/Comcast was price.....ever increasing. Maybe the reality of consistency, convenience and reliability have "some" merit.
Still works for me...

The same thing happened with CBS a month or so ago. It was a contract dispute. They will eventually settle the dispute...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-06-2024, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

If you live in a Spectrum area, give Lysander Jimenez a call. He is one of the local reps with Spectrum. He signed me up last year. New customers get internet for 29.99/month for 2 yrs. I got a TV and internet package for about 120ish out the door.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Dish does the same thing. I suspect ABC extorting large increase. Xfinity not immune from dropping channels while on contract. They all do it.
Old 02-07-2024, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Still works for me...

The same thing happened with CBS a month or so ago. It was a contract dispute. They will eventually settle the dispute...
Maybe and maybe not?
Old 02-07-2024, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Problem solved....switched to Youtube tv today.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:32 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

It's amazing that in this day and age of streaming on-demand TV shows & movies WITHOUT commercial advertisements that people still pay outrageous prices for cable or satellite video AND still have to watch commercials. Local news is free on the Internet so you don't need local channels from your cable/satellite provider. I watch whatever I want, when I want, on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Britbox, PBS Masterpiece, YouTube Premium and MHz Choice, all with no commercial interruptions and for less than the price of cable or satellite.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:34 AM
Gold member

I recall first getting cable when it was commercial free. Why pay for TV THEN watch commercials. Now even after buying a movie ticket for 17.00, they run commercials on the screen before the movie. Not trailers, actual commercials.

Tags
direct, stream, abc, price, suggest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.