Disney Annual Pass Cost-WOW!

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Disney Annual Pass Cost-WOW!

My wife's best friend told her that Disney was raising their Platinum annual pass by $200. I went out to check out the Florida resident rate and what I found was:

Platinum Plus (with water parks): $999.00
Platinum (no blackout dates): $899.00
Gold (blackout dates): $699.00
Silver (blackout dates): $519.00
Weekday Select Pass (no weekends and blackout dates): $349.00

I presume these are the recently updated prices, but either way, it was "sticker shock" to me. I haven't had an annual pass in the past year, and I realize the daily rate went up (day rate varies on the date and the park), but it is amazing that they still fill the parks. We thought about getting a date restricted pass as the dates are not an issue to miss, but the Gold pass is currently $50.46 per month and the Silver is $34.48 per month each after down payments and with different blackout dates. I suppose if you go at least 5 days per year, you begin to break even, but WOW. I am not sure that I am enough of a Disney fan to pay those rates, including the day rates. I realize that they run $55 per night specials, but that still works out to $220.00 plus tax, does NOT include "park hopper" and is good only for a very limited time.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Sage

We have the Silver passes and we go to Disney frequently. With the annual pass (AP) there is no parking fee. With the almost continuous events at Epcot (Food and Wine, Festival of the Holidays, Flower and Garden) each having free concerts and beautiful decorations, we are there monthly. The blackout dates are mostly in the summer when the heat keeps us away anyway, plus Spring Break (crowds) and Christmas/New Years. Even if you only go for the day 4-5 times a year, you’re ahead.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

The "Weekday Select Pass" works for us. Don't care to be there when school is out in the summer, on weekends, or holidays. We go approx. 5 times a year and stay on property 3 days and 2 nights each time. Some days we don't even go to the parks. Some days do as many as 3 parks and Disney Springs. We like almost all the restaurants and just relaxing. Wife likes the shopping and I don't mind if there is a place to sit. This is our 3rd. year doing it and we enjoy it a lot.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Week day pass for us works out to $24 a visit. Short drive, and don’t have to do 4 parks in 4 days, like we used to do with kids
Old 08-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We buy the weekday select passes and use them 8 to 10 times a year. We will continue to purchase them.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:16 PM

We get the weekday select pass every year. Send the kids the blackout calendar since we don't want to go on those dates anyway. There really isn't a slow time anymore. Can't get Fast Passes for most popular rides unless you stay on grounds. Still, with tickets $100+/day, it is a bargain if family/friends come for a visit. Sometimes we go and just walk around the immaculate grounds and watch the people and enjoy the seasonal decorations.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
We get the weekday select pass every year. Send the kids the blackout calendar since we don't want to go on those dates anyway. There really isn't a slow time anymore. Can't get Fast Passes for most popular rides unless you stay on grounds. Still, with tickets $100+/day, it is a bargain if family/friends come for a visit. Sometimes we go and just walk around the immaculate grounds and watch the people and enjoy the seasonal decorations.
We find it VERY difficult to get them even when staying there which we always do.They let you start at 60 days out and "fast-pass" your whole stay. People beat the system by booking for several days sooner than they really want and get all their fast-passes. They then canceling the days not wanted. This allows them an advantage over honest people. Picture making a 10 reservation and getting your fast-passes then canceling the first 5 days. That way they booked their fast-passes 65 days out.... not 60. They told me they were working on stopping that.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Never been to Disney, never will. Spending lots of $$ to go to a crowded place and wait in lines is not my thing.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:49 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Dropped my pass after 9 years. Guess I am all Disney'd out.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
Dropped my pass after 9 years. Guess I am all Disney'd out.
I guess we are also. We bought a three day pass and threw the third day away.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:12 PM

outrageous rip off
Old 08-15-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

WEE buy them every year because we feel they are an excellent value. We go atleast a dozen times a year.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
The "Weekday Select Pass" works for us. Don't care to be there when school is out in the summer, on weekends, or holidays. We go approx. 5 times a year and stay on property 3 days and 2 nights each time. Some days we don't even go to the parks. Some days do as many as 3 parks and Disney Springs. We like almost all the restaurants and just relaxing. Wife likes the shopping and I don't mind if there is a place to sit. This is our 3rd. year doing it and we enjoy it a lot.
We agree completely with you.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Unfortunately the Weekday Only pass does not work for us as my wife is still gainfully employed. I do (did) enjoy the Wine & Food Festival, whereas my wife liked the Flower Show. She is more of a Disney fan than I, so I am struggling with the cost. I do get it, that if you go 5 times in a year you break even, but the constant crowds and the fact that it is near impossible to get a fast pass unless you book well in advance is off-putting. We will probably sit out a year or two and wait to see if any family will be coming into town that might want to go to Disney. Perhaps at that point, we might consider a reduced annual pass.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Unfortunately the Weekday Only pass does not work for us as my wife is still gainfully employed. I do (did) enjoy the Wine & Food Festival, whereas my wife liked the Flower Show. She is more of a Disney fan than I, so I am struggling with the cost. I do get it, that if you go 5 times in a year you break even, but the constant crowds and the fact that it is near impossible to get a fast pass unless you book well in advance is off-putting. We will probably sit out a year or two and wait to see if any family will be coming into town that might want to go to Disney. Perhaps at that point, we might consider a reduced annual pass.
FastPass has never been a problem for us, except for when a new attraction opens. The second we enter ride we add a new FastPass. App is on our phones, We have ridden several rides multiple times in the same day on FastPass. More tech savvy your phone and you are it’s easy to ride what ever you want

Last edited by thelegges; 08-16-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
pass, dates, blackout, annual, rate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.