Disney - Not

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2018, 07:47 AM

Whatever the market will bear. I hate going to Disney. I hate the crowds, and I agree it is over priced. We had a room at the Beach resort, that was something like $400/night plus tax. What a ripoff. It was overlooking a parking lot. We tried to use the pool but couldn't find seating. Every lounger was being used. Never again.
Old 03-27-2018, 07:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

I so remember (many years ago..) bringing the kids to DW resorts and parks - wondering that a local FL family could drive and bring their family, park in a resort lot and go to the resort pool etc FOR FREE. No questions asked.

Would guess that would be the same nowadays, as this parking fee would be charged to the Resort/Hotel bill? And not a parking attendant station upon entry...
Old 03-27-2018, 07:54 AM

I remember going to the Magic Kingdom when you got a coupon book and there were so many Levels of rides in each book. Also I remember only a few years back that the resort hotels charged for wi fi at a time when most chain hotels had free wi fi. Geez!
Old 03-27-2018, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
I remember going to the Magic Kingdom when you got a coupon book and there were so many Levels of rides in each book. Also I remember only a few years back that the resort hotels charged for wi fi at a time when most chain hotels had free wi fi. Geez!
I remember that the price seemed astronomical when we brought our girls for the first time to see Mickey and Minnie, fifty years ago. We drove down from Ohio, no air conditioning in the car and the kids playing in the back of the station wagon, unbelted. I had made new Barbie outfits and had other surprises wrapped for every half hour of the trip, certainly not expensive, just something to make it easier for little ones. We had saved and scrimped to come to be amazed and delighted and I will never forget the GE Carousel of Progress, a view into the future, and now I am the white haired lady who sits at my computer in the kitchen.

Disney is still wowing everyone, and the cost is still astronomical. Sometimes amazing things cost a lot.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-27-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I remember that the price seemed astronomical when we brought our girls to see Mickey and Minnie, fifty years ago. We drove down from Ohio, no air conditioning in the car and the kids playing in the back of the station wagon, unbelted. .
GG-

I think we passed by you guys on the highway back then - snapped this photo on our Instamatic>
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	BHtruck.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	226.6 KB
ID:	74590  
Old 03-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Sage

And I, too, am the white haired lady sitting at the kitchen table, checking out My Disney Experience online. I agree, the parks are expensive, and actually always have been. Many need more spectacular rides/shows to entertain them. These cost money...planning, building, maintaining. If you want to enjoy spectacular, try Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom Park. It’s truly amazing. At the parks, you do need to be a bit computer savy....fast passes, dining reservations, shows are booked many days and even months in advance. Fortunately, wi-fi is free at the hotels and parks and learning how to find available fast passes isn’t too difficult. It is indeed crowded, especially during certain events....Food and Wine Festival, Flower and Garden and it can be annoying to say the least, but living closer to the Kingdom means I don’t have to stay there on a crusade...up at dawn, park hopping, staying till the last firework bursts. Sometimes it’s we older individuals who have heartache with the increased costs and the crowds....we remember when it cost so much less, crowds seemed less menacing....but maybe it was in part, due to the fact that we were younger, and even though the prices were lower, they were still quite expensive for the time. There are now more rides, more parks, more people...and even with all the crowds, seeing the smiles and listening to the laughter of the youngsters, and even the adults, is fun. We all set limits for ourselves...time, money, etc. and that is our choice. We’re adults, can do what we want with our time and $$. If you go, enjoy, if you opt out of going, hope the good memories bring a smile to your heart.....you did enjoy your time then and that shouldn't change.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Occasionally we drive to one of the hotels just to eat lunch or dinner. Interesting to see if we will be charged for parking while eating in one of their restaurants.
supposed, the parking charge is only for room guests. Day guests do not pay.

or so I have heard...
Old 03-27-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

No skin off my back so far Disney hasn't got dime of my money and if I have anything to say about it they never will
Old 03-27-2018, 08:45 AM

Old 03-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
And I, too, am the white haired lady sitting at the kitchen table, checking out My Disney Experience online. I agree, the parks are expensive, and actually always have been. Many need more spectacular rides/shows to entertain them. These cost money...planning, building, maintaining. If you want to enjoy spectacular, try Flights of Passage in Animal Kingdom Park. It’s truly amazing. At the parks, you do need to be a bit computer savy....fast passes, dining reservations, shows are booked many days and even months in advance. Fortunately, wi-fi is free at the hotels and parks and learning how to find available fast passes isn’t too difficult. It is indeed crowded, especially during certain events....Food and Wine Festival, Flower and Garden and it can be annoying to say the least, but living closer to the Kingdom means I don’t have to stay there on a crusade...up at dawn, park hopping, staying till the last firework bursts. Sometimes it’s we older individuals who have heartache with the increased costs and the crowds....we remember when it cost so much less, crowds seemed less menacing....but maybe it was in part, due to the fact that we were younger, and even though the prices were lower, they were still quite expensive for the time. There are now more rides, more parks, more people...and even with all the crowds, seeing the smiles and listening to the laughter of the youngsters, and even the adults, is fun. We all set limits for ourselves...time, money, etc. and that is our choice. We’re adults, can do what we want with our time and $$. If you go, enjoy, if you opt out of going, hope the good memories bring a smile to your heart.....you did enjoy your time then and that shouldn't change.
Excellent post, Pooh.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Once you get past the entrance fee shock the Disney experience makes you forget how much money you are spending. Which is good, because paying to get in is only the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Once you get past the entrance fee shock the Disney experience makes you forget how much money you are spending. Which is good, because paying to get in is only the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
so true, I know....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	6CB3ADC6-CA81-4B8C-BD89-137D4C3CC224.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	74593  

Last edited by pooh; 03-27-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:07 PM

All the surrounding "off site" hotels have been charging a parking fee as well a "resort fee" for the last several years. We recently stayed at the Doubletree near Disney Springs and the parking fee was $22 for self park. Tourist areas will always charge what the market will bear.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
No skin off my back so far Disney hasn't got dime of my money and if I have anything to say about it they never will
Disney just sent me a voucher for $1000, I sent it back with a note that said "Not interested", Please take me off your mailing list.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-27-2018, 03:29 PM

This is getting to be a fun/funny thread. Lol. Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt.

Tags
disney, night, hotels, level, cashier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.