Do you believe in The Bible

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
No disrespect?

Did you READ the link you posted to?

It says, "Indeed, our modern concepts of Jesus, such as the virgin birth and the Resurrection, fall away."

It says, in effect, that Jesus was not the Son of God, and needed herbs to heal people. God does not need herbs to heal people.

You are on the wrong path.

Actually, the link was VERY disrespectful ... I think a clarification as to the motive for posting, or apology is now appropriate
Old 03-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I will have to research unless Doug is still on line and comes to my rescue.
Next TOTV Happy Hour is Saturday, March 15 at the Saturday Night Dance club at the Captiva Rec Center. Club starts at 6:00. Get there early to get a seat. Look for the TOTV balloon to find our table. Seating is limited. The band Vinyl Recall will be playing. BYOB, food and snacks! Bible study will follow.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Next TOTV Happy Hour is Saturday, March 15 at the Saturday Night Dance club at the Captiva Rec Center. Club starts at 6:00. Get there early to get a seat. Look for the TOTV balloon to find our table. Seating is limited. The band Vinyl Recall will be playing. BYOB, food and snacks! Bible study will follow.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post

I Will be
there.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post
Actually, the link was VERY disrespectful ... I think a clarification as to the motive for posting, or apology is now appropriate
Oh stop it.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
I would not want to be in the shoes of anyone throwing verbal stones at Jesus. He is full of grace and truth, but warns against blaspheming the Holy Spirit. He freely offers truth and life and instead people prefer a multitude of lies. I can't go alone with the sentiment of this thread that it is humorous to say Jesus healed by marijuana.
Miss Kitty
Fully agree and lets hope a lot of the postings are for humor only. We do not need a nation of pot smokers. We outlaw tobacco or try to and then pass laws for other smokes.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

After quickly breezing through these posts, I've come to the conclusion that anything that refers to religious opinions and remarks should be vetoed, just like anything political. I am not speaking about humorous things, but rather the serious posts.

Enough already!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:35 AM

I tried it once in some brownies on a guys only camping trip. I belonged to a club in Toledo that camped on an island in the winter, you had to walk across the ice to get to the camping site. It was 14 below the night we had selected to camp out. Somebody brought the brownies and I ate 3 of them, not knowing what was in them. I had on a flame orange coveralls that you hunt deer in, I got too close to the fire trying to stay warm. I burned out the seat of my overalls,from the belt down to my knees, right down to the blue jeans under it and never knew a thing until morning....

Mr. Grampy II
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" -Satchel Paige
Old 03-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grampi II View Post
I tried it once in some brownies on a guys only camping trip. I belonged to a club in Toledo that camped on an island in the winter, you had to walk across the ice to get to the camping site. It was 14 below the night we had selected to camp out. Somebody brought the brownies and I ate 3 of them, not knowing what was in them. I had on a flame orange coveralls that you hunt deer in, I got too close to the fire trying to stay warm. I burned out the seat of my overalls,from the belt down to my knees, right down to the blue jeans under it and never knew a thing until morning....
Looks like I found another one that won't be lighting up any time soon. LOL
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,087 Posts

Does Marijuana Damage Brain Cells?

I did find this article on brain cells and maryjane interesting.

I have had enough of a struggle trying to keep my brain cells working well so why risk it if there is some effect? Still if someone inviting me to a No Doubt concert, I would no doubt be exposed to marijuana smoke. Or, at least, it is very probable that some No Doubt would be blowing around. Every other concert that attracts teens and twenty somethings I have gone to has had some marijuana fumes. Maybe, if I were into Christian music, but then again I should not assume Christian teens might also smoke pot, especially when away from their parents.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Grampi II View Post
LOL. That's a pretty funny story.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Gold member

I don't presume to know anything about marijuana's miraculous health benefits, but I do know for a fact that its use had the miraculous benefit of making The Grateful Dead sound good.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I don't presume to know anything about marijuana's miraculous health benefits, but I do know for a fact that its use had the miraculous benefit of making The Grateful Dead sound good.
With a "few" hits of Orange Sunshine.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
That is indeed a miracle.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:02 AM

It all boils down to "how free are we"? In a free society, there are few "laws", and everyone knows and does what's "right" on their own. The individual determines their own fate. What they'll do or don't do.

I ask the people who say no to legalization, why? You don't trust your fellow citizens to make rational decisions? People aren't capable of self governance? People are incapable of self determination? Self control? Do you "not do" things because it's the law? Or because people just shouldn't do those things?

I personally would like to make my own decisions. I would like to choose what's "best" for me. Not be told what I can and can't have/do like I'm a child, or worse.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.