Captcha - Capturing 'Robots' through the Internet

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2021, 05:59 AM
Default Captcha - Capturing 'Robots' through the Internet

I'm sure you've seen these 'Captcha' questions where they ask you to check a box or enter what you see on the screen to prove that you're not a Robot.

This is not going to work. If a Robot were sitting in front of your computer screen, manipulating your keyboard and mouse , they would probably never know they were a Robot. Most likely they would be programmed to think and act as a human therefore their action would be to check the check box or to type in the phrase indicating they are a human.

And what about the times that we 'humans' can't figure out the 'garbled' letters that make up the phrase we're supposed to type in? How many can you get wrong before they send out the 'Robot' squad to haul you away to Robot jail?

Ok, Ok. I know. Captcha was really developed to catch 'automated Bots' (programs running autonomously) from filling in forms and such, but just as with 'virus' software is this again programmers challenging one another and we're paying for the software they're writing?

If the robots are driving cars now maybe they'll figure out a way around Captcha, then I won't have to try and figure out the garbled letters anymore.
Old 10-31-2021, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,114 Posts

When I can’t figure those garbled letters , I’ll start looking for assisted living places
Old 10-31-2021, 09:18 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

It offends some of us cyborgs to be called "robots".
Closed Thread

Tags
robot, captcha, figure, check, software

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.