Get ready for the chills.....

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2008, 08:43 PM
JohnnyM
Default Get ready for the chills.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=adYbFQFXG0U

Johnny

(Thanks for all the comments. BTW this is a true story. It is so hard to believe the love felt by this lion, as well as his wife. The POWER of LOVE!!!)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
Old 07-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Get ready for the chills.....

Yes, someone recently shared that with me. I had chills, a big grin, and even teared up.
I LOVE CATS! They are absolutely amazing!!!!

I know, others like dogs. Me too. But, I LOVE CATS!

I won't own another, however. Having lost two (to old age), I'm not inviting this heartbreak into my home again. Instead, I'll visit and care for others' cats. Get my "fix" that way.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I posted a similar video about this same story on another thread awhile back. I get the chills every time I see it. Thanks for posting it again... :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Sage

BestMickey,

Thats a fantastic way to get your kitty fix. I admire you for that. There are so many orphaned kitties out there who need your love and attention. Nice going :bigthumbsup:

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Sage

Wow, I have seen this clip in at least five different formats. I cry every single time I watch it. Especially the part when the lion first sees them and realizes who they are. It is so touching.

This rendition is the very best one yet, especially set to the music. I hadn't seen the part where the "mate" is introduced.

Thank you JohnnyM. :bow: Now I'm going to go watch it again!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
JohnnyM

Thanks for all the comments. BTW this is a true story. It is so hard to believe the love felt by this lion, as well as his wife. The POWER of LOVE!!!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/christian.asp
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Sage

Johnny, the Snopes story about the lion adoption and release was extremely interesting to me, I hadn't heard all the details before. Imagine that the lion hadn't been seen for 9 months and showed up on the day his old friends arrived. What a beautiful story. :'(

Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 AM
JohnnyM

BF I think the surrogate parents of that animal deserve the Nobel Peace Prize just for going back into the wild after that long a period of time. That was so amazing and I am so touched that such a wild and powerful animal can show such compassion to a human being in the wild. That is literally mind-bogglingly. I must have watched that video 10 times and still get the chills.....
Old 07-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM
BF I think the surrogate parents of that animal deserve the Nobel Peace Prize just for going back into the wild after that long a period of time. That was so amazing and I am so touched that such a wild and powerful animal can show such compassion to a human being in the wild. That is literally mind-bogglingly. I must have watched that video 10 times and still get the chills.....
I feel exactly the same way. I am always so touched by the video, no matter how many times I view it. One of my very favourites.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:40 AM
Gold member

That is pretty awesome! We visited the Adamson home when we were in Kenya and were awed by the feeling about the place of what those good people did for the wild creatures. We've heard such stories here in NY of animals like deer being rehabilitated into the wild who still return at times to their former human caretakers. I do think, though, that we need to be careful not to anthropomorphize naturally wild animals to too great a degree; in the case of this remarkable story, it's hard to think of this lion's mate as a 'wife' in the sense that we use the word.

Reminds me of the story about Mark Twain who maintained that he could not write except when surrounded by cats (the domesticated kind, not lions...). Because he had multiple homes, the story goes that when he stayed in Elmira (not his primary home which was in Farmington, now part of Hartford and an absolutely amazing place to visit!), he rented cats from a little girl who lived nearby. Leave it to one of the great minds of the late 19th-early 20th century....
Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 AM
JohnnyM

SL, ergo the earning of the Peace Prize. No, you can't and shouldn't humanize any wild animal to that degree. These folks were so special to believe in this lion so unconditionally as to risk their lives to search him out. His "wife", so to speak, seemed quite indifferent and at ease during this encounter. I am assuming because her mate was so playful and obviously quite happy. The entire story is so hard to believe, but it was vetted. I still marvel at the video. Good to hear from you Sidney......Johnny
Old 07-21-2008, 04:48 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

This video was so touching, I was crying..To see the love between them, was amazing..

Beautiful Johnny!

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 07-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Gold member

Hi JohnnyM, always good to read your posts! And always worth checking what sounds fantastic on the Urban Legends site (www.snopes.com), where obviously this story did check out. We're not in TV at the moment; right now we're at our home in NYS, heading to Hawaii in August and then arriving back at TV late in August for not sure how long. Will definitely be there all winter. Yay!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM
JohnnyM

Thanks Sidney, have a safe trip and hope to see you in the fall......Johnny
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Sage

Johnny, they even showed "your" video on The View today. They didn't talk about all the Snopes additional information that makes it even more interesting.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.