Dr, Fauci states that a nationwide mask mandate may be needed

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Up front, would like to say if any of you do want want to read another mask thread, please feel free not to read any further...............

Not enough Americans are heading the advice of the experts to wear a mask when in public. Dr. Fauci weighs in on this divisive virus mitigation........

Fauci Says Nationwide Face Mask Rule May Be Needed
Perhaps we should start with ALL professional sports.....oh that’s right, can’t point the finger at the Golden Cow
Old 10-29-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Reichert View Post
Fauci is 80 years old. Like Ginsburg, he has an out-sized ego and refuses to retire and go away. I agree with our President--Fauci is an idiot.
Ok, doctor....not!
Old 10-29-2020, 07:43 AM
Sage

You care to provide some scientific evidence to support such a claim? The scientific conclusions on the effectiveness of masks are varied. Their effectiveness is probably situationally dependent. Making broad assertions without facts is useless. The best defense is simply staying away from people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Because the 10% can still infect the rest of us and keep this pandemic going!
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 AM
Default Management take note..

Troll alert.

QUOTE=Scott O;1853732]Not my minority...Fauci is the most flippant unreliable source and I cannot stand the man..[/QUOTE]
Old 10-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I wear a mask whenever I go into a public building. I have no problem with it. But I wonder if a national mandate would be considered unconstitutional. It was mentioned when Joe Biden said that he'd create a national mandate and he backed off. I suspect that he team told him that it he wouldn't have that power.

Again, I am not against wearing masks but I wonder if the Supreme Court would consider it a power reserved for the states.

Every business has the power to require you to wear a mask when you are on their premises. I think that the federal government should encourage all businesses to do that. But I don't know if they can legally demand it.

I also am concerned that if a federal law were to be put in place that we might have to wear a mask 24/7. I see people walking down the streets and driving their cars wearing a mask. There is not sense to that whatsoever. But it would be the kind of illogical thing that congress would do.

And how would this be enforced? Would local police be charged with enforcing a federal law? Would people be arrested and jailed for not wearing a mask while driving or walking out doors?

I generally like Dr Fauci but he sometimes talks about things where he has no expertise.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Don't forget mask need frequent cleaning. All those filtered germs.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardarlowe View Post
I see about 90% compliance everywhere I go. That's outstanding. Not sure why all the whining over 10 percent.
Exactly... You have Drs saying one thing an another saying something else. Fauci himself has been heard flip flapping on things. You take a chance on just waking up, but you do it everyday. Driving, walking, swimming. Everything you do in life is a chance you might get hurt or just never make it home. He'll Drs kill people everyday with over medicating people. But you still go. For the people who don't mask there maybe a reason an instead of just hibernating in a place til they die they choose to live life as normal. An those who wear mask your protected. I choose to live not stay in a bubble. I have older family members who are separated from there families no human contact except for the health care workers .. An we know how some of those workers are just there for a paycheck forget human kindness.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
I suspect you're in the minority, considering the way the Covid crisis has been handled, or should I say has not been handled.
Fauci is deep state. Wake up. It's about control, ruining the economy, people losing jobs, all to blame it on Trump. btw Brix is deep state also.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riga618 View Post
Your just not making any sense, just repeating what Trump says, think for your self.
You're not thinking clearly listening to the lying main stream media which is an arm of the left. Most of the media is clearly connected to the left. You need to wake up.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:13 AM

I would love to know the last time Fauci was on the front lines and actually treated any patients ??? The people actually treating the patients are the ones that we need to listen to , not a political physician!
Old 10-29-2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrmauu View Post
We could eliminate MANY more deaths by all hiding in our basements with a mask on 24/7. We can also eliminate many deaths by reducing the speed limit on all roads to 5 mph. It’s called taking a calculated risk, it’s called living life.
Many more deaths could have been avoided if Cuomo & other democratic run cities didn't force nursing home patients to take positive cases & if the so called science experts & the left would not have denied & hidden so many doctors who said HCQ & other meds worked. It's going to be very difficult for so many to understand what has been going on controlled by the left.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:14 AM

THE PROBLEM is who believes the media any longer? Notice RIGHT before the election the virus spikes, the market drops and twitter, Facebook, and ALL the left wing media; television, print and radio, etc are CENSORING Biden's corruption. HOWEVER the hospital entries is DOWN as well as the deaths. SO WHO IS TELLING THE TRUTH??
Old 10-29-2020, 08:20 AM

I’m 40 years in Healthcare and I KNOW what masks can and can’t do. Masks do NOT contain a virus. Particulates of a virus are so small that they pass right through!
Old 10-29-2020, 08:21 AM

Seatbelts are the law. You wear one? Wearing a mask in the circumstances outlined by the experts could be a law as well if we had a federal government that worked. At least while this pandemic rages.

Always be humble and kind.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
Seatbelts are the law. You wear one? Wearing a mask in the circumstances outlined by the experts could be a law as well if we had a federal government that worked. At least while this pandemic rages.
The federal government is working quite well. So is the Constitution of The United States.

Wearing a seatbelt is not a federal law. Auto manufacturers are mandated by the federal government to install them but wearing them is a state law. New Hampshire is the only state to not mandate the wearing of seatbelts.

Federal laws and be tricky. Not only are all powers not granted to the federal government in the constitution reserved for the states, but state law enforcement cannot enforce federal law.

So if there was a national mask mandate, who would enforce it? State, county and municipal police would not be allowed to. Would the FBI be arresting people for not wearing a mask?

I think that's why Joe Biden stopped saying it on the campaign trail. He had to have been told this by his advisors. The question that I have is, if a broken down old retired golf professional, cum musician knows this, why didn't a former senator and vice president with 47 years in our government not know it?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, fauci, read, americans, heading

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.