Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Attachment 84456

George Floyd (ex con, drug addict)
Non stop nationwide news coverage, protests, riots etc

Attachment 84457

David Dorn (retired Police Captain, mentor to disadvantaged youth)
No nationwide news coverage, protests, riots etc
Because it does not support the agenda.......the reason he is dead is the agenda!
Old 06-06-2020, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Drew did not need to apologize. He said what was on his mind; his opinion. Since when does anyone's opinion in America warrant punishment? Kapernick has scammed so many willing and weak minded folks into thinking that his motivation was anything other than for himself. Kap started with the racism scam as soon as he knew he was going to be dumped because he was nothing more than a mediocre player. Some of us followed it from the beginning and did not fall for his ploy.
Someone replied on here with a question when someone suggested that there were other means to further the BLM than desecrating the flag and National Anthem. If players REALLY need to express themselves on the playing field they could do it when they achieved a goal or even a successful pass completion if it is absolutely necessary.
This country was moving along very well and diversity was being taught at the police academy, and job quotas have been in place. Affirmative action has been used. Personally, I do not agree with any of the special treatment, but liberals do so I have compromised by allowing them to fail in their endeavors. A good black man recently said that as long as blacks demand special treatment and benefits, the whites will never respect them. He said if they want respect and equality, then they should obtain their education and work like everyone else to achieve that respect. I was raised to be color blind when it comes to race. Do not want to get into a political discussion but it seems to me that the leftist does not respect folks of color and insist on controlling them. As long as the gov. continues to control the purse strings either in welfare or education, the gov. controls the very lives of recipients. It may be easier for me to find commonality with those of color because I am from a multi-ethnicity family. I do not condone anyone wearing that chip on their shoulder, whether black or white. Do not suggest that I walk in their shoes when you do not know me. If a race cannot assimilate into the environment, they are destined to stay on the outside looking in. Asians, Jews, Irish, Italians and yes Latinos have assimilated into our culture. It's time for the rest to remove their chip and join us, not force us to coddle their demands. In the last few days, I have seen instances that have given me hope. Some of the demonstrators have confronted the radicals that were destroying and assaulting under the cover of the peaceful marchers.
Not trying to divert this thread to another subject but we have all seen the unfortunate death of Floyd on that video. We do not know the motive so I find it ludicrous for anyone to say it was racially motivated. Only two of the four suspected COPS were white. There is no excuse for four law enforcement officers to end up killing one person detained, but a lot of folks have been hurt either financially ruined, physically injured or even killed because some jumped to the conclusion that this was race related. EVERY police Dept. has investigations when a police officer uses force. Many require a "use of force" report and it is handed over to someone to investigate. More than 99% of law enforcement are good people doing a thankless job. When a movement to de-fund police is started and run with, it makes one wonder how anyone can be so stupid to suggest such an idea. If you shrink a police Dept. who do you think is going to get their protection? It's going to be the white neighborhoods and businesses that pay taxes. The poor communities with the most crime will get the least protection. That's a fact, and common sense.
Going back to the kneeling thing, who do you think is convinced by it? Most folks are insulted by the kneeling act. Do not presume to rationalize it by talking about praying and other far out ideas that you all use to justify the lack of patriotism that is being displayed blatantly by someone that started it to force his boss to keep him. Any former military member will tell you that he/she fought so that you all could have the freedom to desecrate the flag and the National Anthem. That does not make it right, and most patriots will agree. Yes, there are some that wish you to believe they are "liberal minded" and believe that you should be able to have freedom to have your tantrums. Insulting the majority of the population in this country does not achieve support for your agenda. I remember when demonstrators were ostracized when they burnt the flag or even when the flag was thrown on the ground. Do not start with comparing it with other actions. I have my opinion and I find it disrespectful to those of us that have served, some of us even in combat. I find it disrespectful to my deceased father that fought in WWII and I find it disrespectful to all those that came before that put their lives on the line, sacrificing for this country and the flag that flies as a reminder. If you have a pet grieve that is related to how harshly you have been treated at your million dollar job, do not try to get sympathy by insulting us. For those that allow others to walk on you and dictate how you should think and what your opinion should be, by ostracizing you for your opinion.....grow a couple (to put it in a way that some might understand). Do not apologize for being a good person with an opinion that may not conform to a few others. I see WHY Drew apologized, but I also do not believe it was necessary. I do respect him for it though. He knows that if his sponsors cut him, then he will not have the funding that he often donates for causes that help many unfortunates. I bet those that criticize him do not come close to the community service he accomplishes.
This is my opinion, and I do NOT apologize for it.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Snip...>
This is my opinion, and I do NOT apologize for it.

Definitely don't apologize for it.

As more decent people need to understand...exactly what they are up against.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Please point out the numbers from the real site...that match the made up meme in Post #92. [/I]

I will be glad to. First click on the link you provided to the real site and you will pull up the webpage pictured below in the first thumbnail. I apologize for not being able to separate the linked thumbnail illustrations. I am not overly tech savvy. On that webpage you click on the second link provided titled “Criminal victimization, 2018: Full report”
That will take you to a 37 page report. Scroll down to the bottom of page 13 where you will find Table 14 which I have pictured in the bottom thumbnail. From there all that is needed is simple math. The first column lists how many times the different races were victims of violent crimes. Whites were victims 3,581,360 times, blacks were victims 563,940 times. Combining those brings you to 4,145,300 for Total Violent Incidents which is the first number listed in the meme in question. Next whites are listed as the offender against blacks 10.6% of the time. 10.6% of 563,940 is 59,777. This verifies the number of white on black incidents in the meme in question. Next blacks are listed as the offender against whites 15.3% of the time. 15.3% of 3,581,360 is 547,948. This verifies the black on white incident figure in the meme in question.

So the meme in question is in fact taken from legitimate Bureau of Justice statistics. It is truthful and accurate or at least as accurate as government statistics allow.

Lastly I have no idea who may respond to this post. This will absolutely be the last you hear from me in this thread. For the most part I don’t care for most of social media because I hate to argue. Also in the general scheme of things my opinion doesn’t matter to anyone but me and that makes it pretty much irrelevant. I’m okay with that. I don’t like people being belittled or harassed no matter what their viewpoint is. One side constantly questions the patriotism of the other so that side accuses the other side of caring more about money than people. Both sides say the other side is racist. Nobody ever admits to being wrong about anything. Nobody ever changes their mind. Leftists will never admit that conservatives could be right about anything and conservatives will never admit that any of the lefts ideas could have merit. Thirty to forty years ago that was ok. You could disagree with someone’s politics and still be friends and you certainly didn’t worry that you could lose your job over a differing opinion. That is sadly happening less and less. Freedom of speech is rapidly becoming a quaint relic of years gone by. We are all supposed to be tolerant but I don’t see much tolerance these days. Instead I see a boatload of hate. I also see one idea starting to being promoted that will have a devastatingly negative impact on every single person in the United States. That is the call to defund police departments. Seriously have people gone completely insane? City council’s, mayors of large cities, even congressional representatives are calling for this. We are told this is possible if we all just become better people. Well dang this is gonna be great. We will all just be better people and we won’t need any police because nobody will break any laws and since everyone is going to be so thoughtful and loving we can just get rid of our military too since we won’t have anymore wars. I imagine that around the same time someone really smart will figure a way for money to grow on trees and we will no longer have any poor people. Get real people!! Criminals that break into houses and steal aren’t going to stop one day and say to themselves I should stop doing this and get a job so I can pay for my own stuff. With no police the burglars and drug addicts will steal even more. The rapists will rape more, drunk drivers will cause more fatal accidents, and on and on it will go. Crime in every category will go up not down. Life as you know it will be far worse. To believe otherwise is to ignore human history. Fifty plus years ago I remember hearing my grandparents say on occasion what is this world coming to. Now I am a senior citizen and I am thinking the same thing! We seem to be headed in the wrong direction. I hope we can change before this wonderful country of ours falls apart.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...1&d=1591460894
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	8FB208E1-EFA1-48FB-AF67-417AED99CD7E.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	84465   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	E4F24E47-6E84-4C81-94D7-C5277F11919A.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	84466  
Old 06-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers2tall View Post
Snip...>
That will take you to a 37 page report. Scroll down to the bottom of page 13 where you will find Table 14 which I have pictured in the bottom thumbnail. From there all that is needed is simple math. The first column lists how many times the different races were victims of violent crimes. Whites were victims 3,581,360 times, blacks were victims 563,940 times. Combining those brings you to 4,145,300 for Total Violent Incidents which is the first number listed in the meme in question. Next whites are listed as the offender against blacks 10.6% of the time. 10.6% of 563,940 is 59,777. This verifies the number of white on black incidents in the meme in question. Next blacks are listed as the offender against whites 15.3% of the time. 15.3% of 3,581,360 is 547,948. This verifies the black on white incident figure in the meme in question.

So the meme in question is in fact taken from legitimate Bureau of Justice statistics. It is truthful and accurate or at least as accurate as government statistics allow. <...Snip

First of all, you deserve credit for making the effort for your analysis...and doing it in a respectful manner.

HOWEVER, you may want to go back and read the meme again.

You are stating that black on white interracial incidents are 15.3%...yet the meme states it is 90.16%.

Which was my whole point.

As to the "defunding" of police departments, I had a well-researched post that disappeared that actually explained...what "defunded" meant by most of those calling for it.

I totally agree that it would be crazy to eliminate police forces in their entirety and would never agree to doing that, but most of those who speak of defunding are talking about spending less on hiring more cops (NOT eliminating police departments in whole)...and channeling that to programs that will hopefully result in less police needed in the first place.

Now, of course, will come the piling on and personal attacks from my 'fan club' (), but I will once again acknowledge my appreciation of you disagreeing...in a respectful manner.

I just wish we had more of that.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 06-06-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:

Definitely don't apologize for it.

As more decent people need to understand...exactly what they are up against.
Thank you. I am surrounded by "more decent people" that agree with me and think on the same line as myself. And I am sure you feel you are a decent person also. Some decent folks do not always agree.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:47 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:

HOWEVER, you may want to go back and read the meme again.

You are stating that black on white interracial incidents are 15.3%...yet the meme states it is 90.16%.

Which was my whole point.
Somebody appears to need some help in mathematics.

black-white-stats-jpg

I'll go slow, so you can follow along.

The chart lists total INTERRACIAL violent incidents as 607,725

White on Black is 59,777 or 9.84% of 607,725

Black on White is 547,948 or 90.16% of 607,725

here's the tricky part, divide 547,948 by 607,725 and bingo, you get 90.16 percent of interracial violent incidents are indeed Black on White.

This level of math is taught in the 3rd grade.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:52 PM
Veteran member

The inmates are finally running the Asylum. God Bless America, we are going to need it.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
The inmates are finally running the Asylum. God Bless America, we are going to need it.
I know exactly what you mean. I grew up a fan of the Today show. I loved that show in the morning when Dave Garroway was the host and they had J Fred Muggs the monkey.

The Villages Florida

Then in the 80's we had Bryant Gumble and Jane Pauley. Jane has been a great commentator her whole career and Bryant never played the race card, he's always been a straight shooter and a professional.

The Villages Florida

In the 2000's we had Matt Lauer, Al Roker, Savannah and Natalie Morales, who I think is one of the most beautiful woman on TV. Matt as it turns out, had some flaws and it was probably good that he left.

The Villages Florida

...and now we have this crew, who are totally unwatchable. Sheinelle Jones is the worse of the bunch. Erica Hill, Amy Robach and a few others have all been forced out so Jones could move to the top. What a load of crap, Comcast owns NBC and thanks to you, you're the worst!!

The Villages Florida

Fox 35 Orlando, this is local TV at it's best!!! David Martin everyday is out an about in central Florida, Great Reporting!!!

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 06-06-2020, 04:59 PM

Again, this statistic will NEVER be shown on CNN or MSNBC so I'll post it again here so you can remember what matters the most.....
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Black on White Stats.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	84472  
Old 06-06-2020, 05:24 PM
TOTV Moderator

This thread has strayed very far from the original topic. The bulk of the latest posts are more appropriate for other ongoing threads. This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
brees, comments, drew, movement, nfl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.