Which dumpster fire is worse, Crypto or Tesla?

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2022, 06:11 AM
Veteran member

I don't understand how a person can become so despised for simply exposing the illegal and unconstitutional activity at Twitter. This includes stopping the pedo posts that were swapping pictures of minors which were allowed to flourish under previous management.

Freedom of speech for me but not for thee.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Do your homework

The problem is not Elon Musk, Bitcoin, or Tweeter. The problem is that investors rush to get into the next gold rush and when it doesn’t pan out, they look for someone or something to blame. If you want to keep your money save, invest in long established companies. They might not give you the windfall profits you want, but in the long run the odds are you will not get burned.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:21 AM

Most of high tech is down hard and especially the EV makers. Not just Tesla. Rivian and Lucid down over 80 percent from a year ago.
The sector was highly overbought and has now likely overcorrected.
With a forward PE of 22 Tesla is a strong buy for an investor looking for growth at a reasonable price.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Bitcoin and Tesla are down 68% and 72% year to date, ouch! One is a fictional asset with no tangible backing and the other is a company based on government subsidies, false promises, and technology that’s a hope and dream. Both have Elon Musk’s fingerprints all over them, not to mention the social media company (Twitter) that is his newest train wreck project. It appears the golden boy’s luck has run dry? So much for muskrat love.
I wish I was one of the fortunate people several yrs ago to have millions worth of Crypto after only paying small amount for it then spent it all buying my 4 houses and 2 cars.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:26 AM
Default Twitter?

Quote:
Bitcoin and Tesla are down 68% and 72% year to date, ouch! One is a fictional asset with no tangible backing and the other is a company based on government subsidies, false promises, and technology that’s a hope and dream. Both have Elon Musk’s fingerprints all over them, not to mention the social media company (Twitter) that is his newest train wreck project. It appears the golden boy’s luck has run dry? So much for muskrat love.
Twitter a “train wreck?” Rly? Where did you hear/read that? Twitter is working better for me since Musk bought it. Give it a try!
Old 12-29-2022, 09:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Strange statement. Tesla will deliver over 1 million cars in 2022 and probably about 2 million cars in 2023, worldwide. For 2023, that would be about 1/2 of the Ford, Nissan and Honda production (each about 4 million), worldwide.

Quote:

Last edited by tuccillo; 12-29-2022 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
Never trusted Bitcoin, glad I didn't get sucked into it.
I read a lot. Recently I've realized it is sort of foolish to read a lot, expect, no DEMAND, that it fits together AND MAKES SENSE.

According to ME, bitcoin is another MASS INSANITY. Nothing new. It is the same as the tulip bulb Ponzi Scheme of 300 years ago. Aside, even churches got involved in buying and selling Tulip Bulbs. Some did make money. Some lost. Read. No one knows who created bitcoin. There are suspicions but no answers. For honest folks it is claimed to be a storage of value. HUH, it often changes in value by 6% PLUS in one day. Tulip bulbs did the same. Bitcoins value is quoted against the dollar. Many, including me, point out that the dollar is no longer backed by silver and gold. It says based on the full faith and credit of the United States-perhaps, of shrinking value.
BITCOIN is based on NOTHING except that some people THINK it has value.

As far as reading and conflicts. We are told you can't time the market. I read that so it must be true. HUH? For both BITCOIN and Tesler or any other stock or investment.
IF, you bought at the right time and sold at the right time-YOU MADE MONEY.

I also find it interesting in reading. There are tons of articles that it is a good time to BUY few if any that it is a good time to SELL.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfriendly View Post
I wish I was one of the fortunate people several yrs ago to have millions worth of Crypto after only paying small amount for it then spent it all buying my 4 houses and 2 cars.
IF, TRUE, good for you. Basic investment advice is not to hold more than 10% of your total portfolio in one investment. REALITY, when it comes to money, few tell you the truth. PERHAPS, closer to the TRUTH many do not know the TRUTH.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Tesla is building charging stations that will probably be highly profitable. And they may have some battery-building expertise?
Old 12-29-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
I don't understand how a person can become so despised for simply exposing the illegal and unconstitutional activity at Twitter. This includes stopping the pedo posts that were swapping pictures of minors which were allowed to flourish under previous management.

Freedom of speech for me but not for thee.
For despised I read HATE. Perhaps, a human weakness. To the best of my ability I try to keep very few on my HATE list. That way if someone makes my list, I can give them my full attention. Honestly, right now my HATE LIST is empty.

Our constitution is an amazing document. Imagine, the authors did not have the internet for research and just as today, there were differences of OPINION. Much of the constitution has over the years changed in REAL MEANING, due to interpretation due to case law.

We the people, ALL OF US, tend to select parts of the constitution and parts of current events that agree with our BIAS. That is true of ALL including ME.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Owned a tesla. Terrific car. The mistake is thinking everyone should own an EV, like the Federal government. Read up on what the Toyota CEO has said, we cannot go totally over, it just doesn’t work. Musk is innovative and challenging. I do not tweet but am glad to have the air cleared.
I wish that Tesla would build golf carts.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Tesla is building charging stations that will probably be highly profitable. And they may have some battery-building expertise?
Small people bite at the heels of the great. Musk, he has done the IMPOSSIBLE. Imagine he has built a car company-so many have failed. Space X, they are launching craft into space.
Our government has admitted you can do it better and cheaper than we can. The are recovering, rebuilding and reusing rocket parts. Simply AMAZING. No, I have never bought stock in either Tessler or bought BITCOIN.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:07 AM

Twitter was a business trying to keep their product attractive for advertisers. They didn’t maintain an open forum because advertisers wouldn’t pay for my right to project irresponsible and offensive ideas on others. That was Twitter’s business model. Musk replaced it with the I am God model wrapped in a pretense of free speech That’s one shallow and expensive ego trip. Free speech, really?
Old 12-29-2022, 11:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I read a lot. Recently I've realized it is sort of foolish to read a lot, expect, no DEMAND, that it fits together AND MAKES SENSE.

According to ME, bitcoin is another MASS INSANITY. Nothing new. It is the same as the tulip bulb Ponzi Scheme of 300 years ago. Aside, even churches got involved in buying and selling Tulip Bulbs. Some did make money. Some lost. Read. No one knows who created bitcoin. There are suspicions but no answers. For honest folks it is claimed to be a storage of value. HUH, it often changes in value by 6% PLUS in one day. Tulip bulbs did the same. Bitcoins value is quoted against the dollar. Many, including me, point out that the dollar is no longer backed by silver and gold. It says based on the full faith and credit of the United States-perhaps, of shrinking value.
BITCOIN is based on NOTHING except that some people THINK it has value.

As far as reading and conflicts. We are told you can't time the market. I read that so it must be true. HUH? For both BITCOIN and Tesler or any other stock or investment.
IF, you bought at the right time and sold at the right time-YOU MADE MONEY.

I also find it interesting in reading. There are tons of articles that it is a good time to BUY few if any that it is a good time to SELL.

Bitcoin is like the American dollar, mass insanity and another Ponzi scheme. There is no true value behind it and it’s value is manipulated daily by printing more and more. The only difference is the government manages one of them.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietpine View Post
Twitter was a business trying to keep their product attractive for advertisers. They didn’t maintain an open forum because advertisers wouldn’t pay for my right to project irresponsible and offensive ideas on others. That was Twitter’s business model. Musk replaced it with the I am God model wrapped in a pretense of free speech That’s one shallow and expensive ego trip. Free speech, really?
Apparently, someone hasn’t kept up on all the truths being exposed now about the old Twitter. Yup, Musk does look like God compared to what the formers policy makers were up to and conspired with in their day.
Closed Thread

Tags
tesla, company, social, twitter, media

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.