Which dumpster fire is worse, Crypto or Tesla?

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2022, 11:39 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I read a lot. Recently I've realized it is sort of foolish to read a lot, expect, no DEMAND, that it fits together AND MAKES SENSE.

According to ME, bitcoin is another MASS INSANITY. Nothing new. It is the same as the tulip bulb Ponzi Scheme of 300 years ago. Aside, even churches got involved in buying and selling Tulip Bulbs. Some did make money. Some lost. Read. No one knows who created bitcoin. There are suspicions but no answers. For honest folks it is claimed to be a storage of value. HUH, it often changes in value by 6% PLUS in one day. Tulip bulbs did the same. Bitcoins value is quoted against the dollar. Many, including me, point out that the dollar is no longer backed by silver and gold. It says based on the full faith and credit of the United States-perhaps, of shrinking value.
BITCOIN is based on NOTHING except that some people THINK it has value.

As far as reading and conflicts. We are told you can't time the market. I read that so it must be true. HUH? For both BITCOIN and Tesler or any other stock or investment.
IF, you bought at the right time and sold at the right time-YOU MADE MONEY.

I also find it interesting in reading. There are tons of articles that it is a good time to BUY few if any that it is a good time to SELL.

About that tulip thing.....I like historical fiction because the reader gets the facts, but the facts are embedded in a storyline with interesting characters and their day-to-day lives and interactions. Some of the characters are historically real, while other characters are totally fictional, there to help tell the story. Good historical fiction takes some serious research coupled with creativity.

I am fascinated by behavioral economics.

Tulip Mania could make a good novel. But as far as I can find, nobody has written about it in that way yet. Seems like the timing is right.

If anybody here knows of such a book, please let me know.

Boomer
Old 12-29-2022, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Tesla is building charging stations that will probably be highly profitable. And they may have some battery-building expertise?
Except that the landlords are not getting paid for their lease to the charging companies.
Why you ask?

Because the general demand and usage is not up to the profitable level for the individual charging stations. Not all charging stations, but many charging stations.

Likewise, if you read up about Tesla vehicle insurance claims from the Tesla underwritten insurance, people are not getting their claims paid.

finance guy
Old 12-29-2022, 11:52 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Except that the landlords are not getting paid for their lease to the charging companies.
Why you ask?

Because the general demand and usage is not up to the profitable level for the individual charging stations. Not all charging stations, but many charging stations.

Likewise, if you read up about Tesla vehicle insurance claims from the Tesla underwritten insurance, people are not getting their claims paid.

finance guy

Are you referring to the Geico kerfuffle?

I see Tesla Insurance is underwritten by State National Insurance Company and has an A financial strength rating from A.M.Best.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:11 PM

Interesting chart. What fiscal year are they using? It appears the September numbers are ~40% of the YTD. July 31st, maybe?
Old 12-29-2022, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Strange statement. Tesla will deliver over 1 million cars in 2022 and probably about 2 million cars in 2023, worldwide. For 2023, that would be about 1/2 of the Ford, Nissan and Honda production (each about 4 million), worldwide.
Then value the company as a car manufacturer . . . and you get prices much, much lower than today. There is a huge valuation gap between Tesla as a car mfg and the other companies which have perfected car manufacturing. .

That's the issue, not the number of cars being delivered (which is technically different than being sold)

finance guy
Old 12-29-2022, 12:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Go back and reread my post. It was in response to the strange comment about Tesla being based on a technology that is a "hope and a dream". I made no comment about the valuation of Tesla.

Quote:
Then value the company as a car manufacturer . . . and you get prices much, much lower than today. There is a huge valuation gap between Tesla as a car mfg and the other companies which have perfected car manufacturing. .

That's the issue, not the number of cars being delivered (which is technically different than being sold)

finance guy
Old 12-29-2022, 02:02 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
About that tulip thing.....I like historical fiction because the reader gets the facts, but the facts are embedded in a storyline with interesting characters and their day-to-day lives and interactions. Some of the characters are historically real, while other characters are totally fictional, there to help tell the story. Good historical fiction takes some serious research coupled with creativity.

I am fascinated by behavioral economics.

Tulip Mania could make a good novel. But as far as I can find, nobody has written about it in that way yet. Seems like the timing is right.

If anybody here knows of such a book, please let me know.

Boomer

"I am fascinated by behavioral economics."

The problem is as old as barter/trade/investing itself, as human nature and greed (plus 'herd-mentality')...will never change.

So many people think that "lots of others are doing it, so it must be OK," is at the root of the issue - whether it is investing or even???????
Old 12-29-2022, 03:02 PM
Default zip

You buy crypto you own air you buy tesla you own cars
Old 12-29-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfriendly View Post
I wish I was one of the fortunate people several yrs ago to have millions worth of Crypto after only paying small amount for it then spent it all buying my 4 houses and 2 cars.
//// I better not ////

Post Deleated...
Old 12-29-2022, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Bitcoin is like the American dollar, mass insanity and another Ponzi scheme. There is no true value behind it and it’s value is manipulated daily by printing more and more. The only difference is the government manages one of them.
The American dollar is the most used currency in the world and has stability right up there with Switzerland and Sweden. It is just the OPPOSITE of mass insanity and a Ponzi scheme. If we had NOT gotten away from the PROGRESSIVE tax brackets of the 1950s, we would have ZERO national debt, which as a percentage of GNP is not even that bad.
........The "true value" of the US dollar is the world's faith in the US economy, number 1 in the world.
.........Printing "more and more" dollars is a conspiracy theory that sounds meaningful, but is NOT.
Old 12-29-2022, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
The American dollar is the most used currency in the world and has stability right up there with Switzerland and Sweden. It is just the OPPOSITE of mass insanity and a Ponzi scheme. If we had NOT gotten away from the PROGRESSIVE tax brackets of the 1950s, we would have ZERO national debt, which as a percentage of GNP is not even that bad.
........The "true value" of the US dollar is the world's faith in the US economy, number 1 in the world.
.........Printing "more and more" dollars is a conspiracy theory that sounds meaningful, but is NOT.
OH, PLEASE! Not "the rich paid 90% in taxes" fallacy again...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-29-2022, 07:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
In your mind, perhaps. The truth is the dollar is worthless in that it is like Monopoly money. More can be printed anytime and at the end of the day it’s a paper sheet which has no actual value. It’s being devalued as we post. I’d take land, gold or silver over it any day.
Old 12-30-2022, 05:32 AM
Default EV tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
Most of high tech is down hard and especially the EV makers. Not just Tesla. Rivian and Lucid down over 80 percent from a year ago.
The sector was highly overbought and has now likely overcorrected.
With a forward PE of 22 Tesla is a strong buy for an investor looking for growth at a reasonable price.
Too bad about Rivian’s stock drop and other setbacks.Their CEO is far more realistic than Musk. We are holding our devalued shares. We are delighted with their most tangible product, our first pickup in our 58 years of vehicles. After 19 months of waiting and 7 months of neglecting and abusing it, the conclusion is that it’s the greatest and most underpriced piece of machinery in which we have ever invested.
We suggested they raise the price, even on ours, ramp up production , and charge on.

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 12-30-2022, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Why you ask?

finance guy
That is interesting. I did not know that.
Old 12-30-2022, 10:14 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=CoachKandSportsguy;2171042]Except that the landlords are not getting paid for their lease to the charging companies.
Why you ask?

finance guy[/QUO sorry for the duplicate

Last edited by jimjamuser; 12-30-2022 at 11:11 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
tesla, company, social, twitter, media

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.