Solivita in Kissimee or Rotonda West

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2018, 06:24 AM
Default Solivita in Kissimee or Rotonda West

I have friends that are visiting Florida for a month to check out possible retirement communities. They have broken it down to Solivita in Kissimee because it is near Orlando and they feel lots to do in the area, Rotonda West as it is near the ocean and of course The Villages. Living here they know everything I know about the Villages but they don't know anything about the other 2 developments and would love some info from someone that may have moved here from there. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:50 AM
Gold member

Solivita has very good golf courses, and is pretty nice inside the gates, but outside the gates, in the town of Poinciana, it's not so pretty. In fact the area has quite a bit of crime. I considered it six years ago when I was contemplating retirement, but it was obvious to me that The Villages had it all. I still believe that.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Solivita has very good golf courses, and is pretty nice inside the gates, but outside the gates, in the town of Poinciana, it's not so pretty. In fact the area has quite a bit of crime. I considered it six years ago when I was contemplating retirement, but it was obvious to me that The Villages had it all. I still believe that.
When we visited there, we had a very similar reaction. The residents were very pleasant and welcoming and they had a rec center area that was really nice. My husband absolutely loved some of the equipment in the gym and it's hard to impress him where that's concerned. But I agree with the feeling of the area outside of the gates and you have to go out to get groceries, etc, unlike TV.

To the OP, if you search Solivita on here you will find several threads where it is discussed. As far as the other community you mention, I know nothing about it and could not find it on a search of this forum to provide input.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:11 AM

was checking out some responses from folks who looked at solivita, one response was that no medical facility or hospital close. did not research this. might be true, might not.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Who came up with the name Solivita? I assume it's a play on the Spanish Sol y Vida ( Sun and Life). But it sounds like a drug store supplement. [emoji6]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

I have spoken with residents of Solivita. They do like living in the community but did say that there is gang activity surrounding the area. We did visit the area prior to buying in TV. Other than being close to the amusement parks we did not have positive vibes like we did when we looked in TV.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:50 AM

We looked at Solivita about a year ago and were disappointed. Too small for us and not enough activities; and, too much was needed to be found in the community of Poinciana. It's good to go and tour so you know the difference as each has their own needs. We're choosing TV and just waiting on our house to sell! Then we'll be TV bound!
Old 04-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Platinum member

Solivita is in Polk County - run, run very fast away from this place.
Did a lifestyle visit a few years ago.

It is surrounded by the thug life.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,520 Times in 1,916 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Villages makes me feel like I did when I was very young. The homes are so well maintained, and show pride in ownership and the common areas are cut and groomed and weeded and kept free of trash.

Most people smile. There are fun things to do, and new things to learn and lovely gatherings where they serve Chuck Roast. (Another name for Roast beef) Almost everyone has good manners. There are rules and there is a benevolent dictator family in charge.

I am very glad we found this place.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,560 Times in 723 Posts

We looked at Solivita also befor deciding on TV, we lived near by in Haines CIty for 7 years. As others have said, a very nice community inside the gates, outside not so much. Also to be considered is getting in and out, there are only 2 principal ways out, north to I4 and west to Haines CIty, both roads are VERY busy in the morning and evening. Poinciana is about 35000 homes with mainly working age people and children and very poorly laid out. This creates lots of traffic on the roads during rush hour, making getting in and out of Solivita which is on the south side of poinciana next to impossible. Just look at a map.
People who complain about traffic in TV need to take a trip to Solivita to see just how bad it can really get,
Old 04-03-2018, 01:45 AM
Default Solovita

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
My friends moved here from Solovita and they did so because they felt unsafe outside the gates. Inside the gates it was a nice community. They also said to go out to eat you had to drive 40-45 mins. I am just repeating what they said, but they did move here. The only thing better there are the doctors, but we can go to the same docs as they do, it is just a longer drive.
Closed Thread

Tags
solivita, west, rotonda, villages, kissimee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.