Enough from the crybabies

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2023, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
My guess you don't do the grocery shopping. You must not remember the gas prices from 2020

................or the fact that Covid had practically shut down the world, and there was little or no demand for gas.
Old 12-14-2023, 09:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

What’s the 5 things the media is saying & who’s saying it. I could say the media is wrong & someone will ask , what!
Old 12-14-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Not true! 200,000 New Jobs and unemployment down to historic lows.
Inflation is Down
I'm paying less. In the past I've paid over twice current price
And last, Yes, but even FOX was all glowing about how great the economy is. Maybe they actually took a look around and saw what is really going on. Just a thought.
Inflation being down does NOT mean prices are down. Inflation is still higher than January '21... Gas is still higher than January '21... Most EVERYTHING is still significantly higher than January '21...

Inflation rate is down, but it is also based upon 20% higher prices Form the record high inflation of the last 3 years... Simple economics...

The vast majority of "new jobs" are due to people going back to work, post Covid. New jobs are slightly up, but the labor participation rate is still low.Why is that? Could it be that people are working 2-3 jobs, just to get by?

You're paying less FOR WHAT? You've paid over twice the current price FOR WHAT?

Oh, I forgot to add... "FOX News" Everybody drink!

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 12-14-2023 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The future CAN'T be bright for today's youth as long as it costs too much for them to afford an education in College. For most, only the military is a possible way out of poverty.
Yep! The university I attended now is up to $65K PER YEAR!

I have one child in college in the U of Wisco system. Out of state tuition is $30K per year. UW - Madison is now $55k per year.

Even community colleges here in the midwest are up to $12k per year. For a community college!
Old 12-14-2023, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The future CAN'T be bright for today's youth as long as it costs too much for them to afford an education in College. For most, only the military is a possible way out of poverty.

Maybe they need to move to NYC and go to NYC city collage? Last time I hear tuition was free?
Old 12-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Inflation being down does NOT mean prices are down. Inflation is still higher than January '21... Gas is still higher than January '21... Most EVERYTHING is still significantly higher than January '21...

Inflation rate is down, but it is also based upon 20% higher prices Form the record high inflation of the last 3 years... Simple economics...

The vast majority of "new jobs" are due to people going back to work, post Covid. New jobs are slightly up, but the labor participation rate is still low.Why is that? Could it be that people are working 2-3 jobs, just to get by?

You're paying less FOR WHAT? You've paid over twice the current price FOR WHAT?

Oh, I forgot to add... "FOX News" Everybody drink!
Sorry. Sure, lots of folks went back to their old jobs after covid. But we are talking lots and lots of new, good paying jobs. Lots of those a a result of the infrastructure bill, for example.

And, FYI, "FOR WHAT" is gas/diesel.

""FOX News" Everybody drink!" Um, drink what? Not a fan?
Closed Thread

Tags
view, point, opposite, facts, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.