EV Solves Range Problem

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2023, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreySkies View Post
If you close down the oil fields your EV utopia is DOA...

You seem to forget that "fossil fuels" are still the primary fuel source for generating electricity, you know that "stuff" that charges your EV?

And.... wait for it.... provides the GAS for the on-board generator that charges your EV's battery for that extra range, the exact same range you would get with an ICE vehicle.

Don't feel bad I also fell for the EV hype, sold my Tesla after 1 year of ownership.
Nobody wants to close down the oil fields (at least not completely in the US or anywhere). Because oil is NEEDED to make medications and products other than gas or diesel. The idea of EVs versus gas vehicles is that each e-vehicle produces zero pollution when it is moving versus the gas vehicle which produces a large amount when running. And both DO create pollution at the factories that produce them - no one is debating that. In the US (AT THE CURRENT TIME) the EV gets its energy from large stationary electrical generating plants. Which are much EASIER to have pollutant scrubbers for than the current catalytic converters on each car and truck. Today much of the US electrical energy comes from burning fossil fuel. But, in the FUTURE thee may be more SAFE NUCLEAR REACTORS and wind and solar (which is costing less and less).
........The idea is to use MUCH LESS oil by having more EVs. And they have MANY other advantages - they are practically maintenance FREE. EVs accelerate faster and brake better because they have a lower center of gravity. We have covered the air quality advantages. There is no wasted time on trips to the gas station. Range anxiety problems will be "a thing of the past" in a few years as charging stations double and triple. There are also other advantages!
......For curiosity sake........what was the problem with the Tesla? Most owners love them!

Last edited by jimjamuser; 11-22-2023 at 06:47 PM. Reason: add an idea
Old 11-22-2023, 07:39 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Ocean levels are measured all around the world by qualified scientists that would NOT risk their employment by engaging in "FAKE" science. You could NOT get each scientist in EVERY country around the world to enter a "CONSPIRACY" to manipulate data. Too many to POSSIBLY collude with.
......As far as the Pandemic is concerned, the scientists like Dr. Fauci were terribly and wrongly maligned for years. It was a total shame. The US lost about 150 million people because the evil propagandists (maybe Russian) wrongly told US citizens NOT to take their Covid vaccine, which was about the SAFEST vaccine in History. Those scientists should be everybody's heroes!
Your number of “150 million”
is way off but you make some other good points. We can all agree that the U.S. was totally unprepared for the pandemic. Hopefully we will learn and do better in the future.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:46 AM
Sage

No, being less than honest is always a bad move. Once you credibility is shot, there is no getting it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
He was absolutely right about that! Masks, bottled water, gas, food, toilet paper - the public has shown over and over again that they cannot act responsibly.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
No, being less than honest is always a bad move. Once you credibility is shot, there is no getting it back.
That isn't what I agreed with. The dishonesty is unforgivable. The expectation that people would act irresponsibly was right on.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 11-23-2023, 10:31 AM
Sage

And exactly how did people act irresponsibly ? Most shortages were due to supply chain issues. Expecting the worst from people? Very bad attitude to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
That isn't what I agreed with. The dishonesty is unforgivable. The expectation that people would act irresponsibly was right on.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Your number of “150 million”
is way off but you make some other good points. We can all agree that the U.S. was totally unprepared for the pandemic. Hopefully we will learn and do better in the future.
Thank you for pointing out MY mistake (without calling me a dumb jerk, which I was). The correct number of Covid deaths (to this point) in the US is 1 million, 138 thousand. 150million would be about 1/2 of the US population. Hope that NEVER happens in the future.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

Going from EV to Covid is about right for this forum.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
And exactly how did people act irresponsibly ? Most shortages were due to supply chain issues. Expecting the worst from people? Very bad attitude to have.
I don't "expect the worst from people". On most issues, over 50% of the people get things correct according to surveys. What I see as the problem in the US and probably other countries is that the leaders and the Supreme Court should have term limits. Unlimited terms leads to greed and collusion for many leaders (not all, of course, but the majority, in my opinion).
Closed Thread

Tags
range, solves, charging, miles, vehicle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.