Evicting Squatters

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2023, 12:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not an AR-15, that seems to be the norm for killing civilians? Your post is disgusting.
I re-read my post and did not find anything "disgusting". I just tried to be informative. And (just for realities sake) there are likely MANY homes in The Villages with AR-15s. But, like I said, I would recommend a 20 gauge shotgun over an AR-15 because a shotgun is DEFENSIVE and an AR-15 is an OFFENSIVE weapon best suited for WAR, not home DEFENSE.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
What does this mean about a AR? Nothing disgusting about the post. Although I tend to agree an AR is better for folks that don’t shoot much. Very little recoil compared to a shotgun.

As far as gun crime they are mostly committed with handguns not ARs.
I agree with the post. And it is VERY true that there is less recoil with an AR-15 due to the small .22 inch diameter bullet (low weight, but high velocity). Much better choice for an average homeowner than a 30-06 big game rifle (more recoil). Personally, I would still stick with a shotgun because in a REAL life-threatening home invasion - the home owners adrenaline would be SO HIGH that they would NOT feel the RECOIL (like you would if you were shooting at clay pigeons using a whole box of shells or more).
.........A person can buy 20 gauge shells that are lightly loaded. Also a .410 gauge shotgun would kick even less.
Old 12-31-2023, 12:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Describing the best device, with details, on how to kill a person is disgusting. And is not usually what one reads on TOTV.
Old 12-31-2023, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Describing the best device, with details, on how to kill a person is disgusting. And is not usually what one reads on TOTV.
I too wish that we lived in a world where there was NO need for war, military armies, or a Police force. Even if that day comes, it will be in a future that we won't see. The US has the most guns per person in the world. And many are the military-style semi-automatic rifles. Personally, if I were in charge of the US, I would allow only single-shot pistols, rifles, and shotguns - which would fulfill the needs of hunters and for home defense. Unfortunately, the US is WAY past ANY moderation in gun ownership.
......Many people in The Villages and everywhere in the US believe that the Police can NOT get to their home quickly enough to prevent a serious crime. So, they look to defend themselves. That situation is BOTH disgusting and real.
Old 12-31-2023, 02:43 PM

It’s ridiculous that they even have to pass this bill! My house, I own it, you don’t belong there & the cop should throw them out immediately.
If they don’t, I will, unfortunately result to other measures. I was in fear of my life.😉
Old 12-31-2023, 04:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I agree with the post. And it is VERY true that there is less recoil with an AR-15 due to the small .22 inch diameter bullet (low weight, but high velocity). Much better choice for an average homeowner than a 30-06 big game rifle (more recoil). Personally, I would still stick with a shotgun because in a REAL life-threatening home invasion - the home owners adrenaline would be SO HIGH that they would NOT feel the RECOIL (like you would if you were shooting at clay pigeons using a whole box of shells or more).
.........A person can buy 20 gauge shells that are lightly loaded. Also a .410 gauge shotgun would kick even less.
Okay you've convinced me. I have to buy another gun. I'll let the wife know. .

Might need a bigger safe too.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Describing in detail how to stop someone that is trying to kill you. That's what we are doing. Legal gun owners know the horrific effects of having to shoot someone and we pray to God that it never ever happens. But if we are to defend ourselves, it's best to have the proper info on how to do it.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Describing in detail how to stop someone that is trying to kill you. That's what we are doing. Legal gun owners know the horrific effects of having to shoot someone and we pray to God that it never ever happens. But if we are to defend ourselves, it's best to have the proper info on how to do it.
/////
Old 12-31-2023, 05:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

This thread appears to have gone off track.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Okay you've convinced me. I have to buy another gun. I'll let the wife know. .

Might need a bigger safe too.
Yep! Need to keep that gun that you bought for protection if there is a home invasion nloaded and in a locked safe. Gun is useless unless you sleep with it!
Loaded! Safety off! Cocked!

Sorry honey, not tonight. You're scaring me!
Old 12-31-2023, 05:57 PM
Default Pink mist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
How would squatters even reside in a home. If I left for a long cruise and came back to someone in my house, I would shoot first and ask questions later. My home and the uninvited guest would be at odds and a pink mist would soon be seen.
‘Pink mist’ ???
Oh. My. God. New level of wtf is wrong with people
If you’re trying to keep me from living in the house I own in TV, you’re doing a great job.
I have that salty taste in my mouth right now ….🤢
Old 12-31-2023, 09:25 PM
TOTV Moderator

Hopelessly off topic

Thread closed
Closed Thread

Tags
squatters, evicting, evict, problem, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.