Evicting Squatters

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2023, 02:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
How would squatters even reside in a home.
If you ever have a squatter, it is a nightmare!!

Florida Squatter Law : An Ultimate Guide
Old 12-29-2023, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

My take, you walk into your home and an intruder is there… self-defense, no doubt in my mind.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
If you ever have a squatter, it is a nightmare!!

Florida Squatter Law : An Ultimate Guide
This is how lawyers write laws with intent of lawyers making money. Remember is’s ALWAYS about money.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I seriously doubt that this would ever be a significant problem in The Villages. The reason is simple. If media got its hands on it, it is bad publicity. Bad publicity could impact sales of new homes. I doubt the developer would ever allow something to interfere with the goose that is laying all those golden eggs.
You make a good point about the developer having "skin" in the game. Yet, I know that I see very few police cars. I see speeding by cars AND golf carts on the residential streets. Golf carts with their speed controls messed with are MUCH noisier than those with unaltered controls. So, basically there is UNNECESSARY speeding and noise and no one is doing anything to stop the situation. Based on those observations, I would think that squatters either ARE or could be a PROBLEM.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My take, you walk into your home and an intruder is there… self-defense, no doubt in my mind.
It is difficult the 1st time you shoot (take the life) of a rabbit or a pheasant. Killing a human being would be VERY difficult MENTALLY for most people in ANY circumstance. That is why the Military uses a firing SQUAD - NOT a firing INDIVIDUAL.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,026 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
It is difficult the 1st time you shoot (take the life) of a rabbit or a pheasant. Killing a human being would be VERY difficult MENTALLY for most people in ANY circumstance. That is why the Military uses a firing SQUAD - NOT a firing INDIVIDUAL.
It’s not necessary to actually kill someone, we are not the mafia, but to keep the intruders there for the authorities. It is possible they made a simple mistake entering your home. Still, for example for a single female, she could not be sure the intruders were not there for some clandestine purpose (rape comes to mind) and it could be too late if she did not take preventative action.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
I tend to agree with your "take", but in today's world, our take may not be the same for the court system.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,743 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I seriously doubt that this would ever be a significant problem in The Villages. The reason is simple. If media got its hands on it, it is bad publicity. Bad publicity could impact sales of new homes. I doubt the developer would ever allow something to interfere with the goose that is laying all those golden eggs.
Are you saying that the developer has powers beyond those of law enforcement?
Old 12-30-2023, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
It’s not necessary to actually kill someone, we are not the mafia, but to keep the intruders there for the authorities. It is possible they made a simple mistake entering your home. Still, for example for a single female, she could not be sure the intruders were not there for some clandestine purpose (rape comes to mind) and it could be too late if she did not take preventative action.
How does one "mistakenly" enter a locked home?????

Maybe I'll "mistakenly" leave a mean Rottweiler there to greet them, or "mistakenly" place a Claymore mine.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
1st of all, you have a right to feel safe in your own home. I just wanted to remind people that killing anything or wounding them involves mental anguish. That is why I would recommend a shotgun for home self defense. Unless someone is an expert pistol shot their hands will tremble and aim would be difficult. With a shot gun there is less trembling because of the placement of the 2 hands and also the shot spreads out and is less likely to go through walls and unintentionally hit a child or someone in another room - versus a bullet from a pistol. Another positive with a shotgun is that it looks more INTIMIDATING. Also a pistol takes practice and a shotgun really does NOT.
.......There are also LEGALITIES to think about. Of which I have zero expertise.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamorela View Post
if you, google “squatters in the villages” you will see that it has happened before.
very, very rarely.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
1st of all, you have a right to feel safe in your own home. I just wanted to remind people that killing anything or wounding them involves mental anguish. That is why I would recommend a shotgun for home self defense. Unless someone is an expert pistol shot their hands will tremble and aim would be difficult. With a shot gun there is less trembling because of the placement of the 2 hands and also the shot spreads out and is less likely to go through walls and unintentionally hit a child or someone in another room - versus a bullet from a pistol. Another positive with a shotgun is that it looks more INTIMIDATING. Also a pistol takes practice and a shotgun really does NOT.
.......There are also LEGALITIES to think about. Of which I have zero expertise.
Why not an AR-15, that seems to be the norm for killing civilians? Your post is disgusting.
Old 12-30-2023, 03:55 PM

One lawyer told my friend and property owner that he should pay the squatters to leave. They had not paid rent for several months.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why not an AR-15, that seems to be the norm for killing civilians? Your post is disgusting.
What does this mean about a AR? Nothing disgusting about the post. Although I tend to agree an AR is better for folks that don’t shoot much. Very little recoil compared to a shotgun.

As far as gun crime they are mostly committed with handguns not ARs.
Old 12-30-2023, 06:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
The last four words of this post should be read repeatedly.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Closed Thread

Tags
squatters, evicting, evict, problem, make

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.