Experience With Auctioning Items?

Old 04-26-2024, 03:06 PM
Default Experience With Auctioning Items?

Anybody have any experience and/or recommendations regarding auctioning items, like collectibles, art, coins, anything.

Local businesses. Websites. Apps. Other

Anybody ever used Heritage Auctions?

Your input is welcome.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:40 PM

Yes.

The specific auction house will depend on exactly what you are interested in selling. Some specialize in certain items, and you may realize higher final prices by going with them. Others deal in many different categories, and your items may get somewhat lost in the shuffle and sell for less.

The first step would be to create at least a basic inventory of the items - simple descriptions, provenance, clear photos, etc., then find out the approximate values (I can explain how to do this), to see if it will be worth it to sell the items at auction. Be prepared for some disappointment, as many items that people think are worth a fortune just because they've been in the family for generations, are not. They've watched too many episodes of Antiques Roadshow.

Knowing what the items are will help me guide you to certain auction houses, as well as provide additional information and/or recommendations.

Feel free to send me a PM, if you would rather proceed that way.

Tags
experience, auctioning, items, businesses, input

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.