Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Famous people you have met.

The memory is shot. While working in Mahattan for telco 40 plus years ago, I met Lee Radziwell (Princess) Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy and Charlotte Ann Ford and Charles Revson at their homes while handling their telephone service. Also met a Greek guy who owned a large shipping company and he had a problem with the cost of renting a color phone.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 AM
jerseygirl13

This is a great thread. Really very very interesting.

BUC: Your story about reinlisting on the Reagan's front porch is priceless. My favorite story so far. I met Arnold Schwartennager (sp?) in Tupelo, MS during the late 80's. My kids were performing in the big arena there for a President's Physical Fitness something or other. He was the special guest, heading up the fitness programs. Rude dude. And short. Can you believe he actually laughed and made fun of a waitress (reported to me by friends who were eating at the same rest.) because of her . . . get this. . . ACCENT. Pleeeeeeeeeez !!

Please keep them coming.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl13
This is a great thread. Really very very interesting.

BUC: Your story about reinlisting on the Reagan's front porch is priceless. My favorite story so far. I met Arnold Schwartennager (sp?) in Tupelo, MS during the late 80's. My kids were performing in the big arena there for a President's Physical Fitness something or other. He was the special guest, heading up the fitness programs. Rude dude. And short. Can you believe he actually laughed and made fun of a waitress (reported to me by friends who were eating at the same rest.) because of her . . . get this. . . ACCENT. Pleeeeeeeeeez !!

Please keep them coming.
I thought Arrrrnold S. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Schwarzenegger was tall? At least, taller than I am. It says, he is 6' 2" on the Internet Movie Data Base. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000216/

Arnold Schwarzenegger's name is worse than Jon Hoppensteadt or Frank Hoppensteadt or Robert Hoppensteadt.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Veteran member

I was on the set of one of Arnold's movies, "Eraser" some years ago and I commented about the low ceilings and I was told it was to make Arnold look bigger.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to walkingfool

I lived across the street from Ralph Waite back in the 40's but he wasn't famous then...does that count???
Old 08-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Taltarzac

Back in the 70s, my parents used to play bridge with Mills Lane. He is the ex-TV judge who was also a referee in various prizefighter cases like the one where Mike Tyson bit off a piece of Evander Holyfield's ear. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bite_Fight.

I was around in the 70s-- in Reno, Nevada-- while my parents were playing bridge with Mills Lane and his wife.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:34 AM

Hey JohnZ - I know the deli you are talking about. Everything is great there but they sell out very early if you are looking for any sausage. We only spend two or three months a year in TV (J-F-M) but the first place we go to is Leesburg for a Polish fix. We are originally from Steubenville, OH and had a few famous people come out of our town.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 08-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to kregski

Mac Davis,Candice Bergin,David Carradine,Freddie Prinze,Pernell Roberts,Kojak,,(cant remember his name).Pearl Baily sang a song to me while I was in attendance at the Tonight Show.Ummm..lets see Mory Amsterdam,Bobby Womak,Redd Foxx, DeMond Wilson.I Worked in a gas station in Hollywood California,these were some of my customers.Will be coming to TV sept 13 hope I can afford it seems a bit pricey.Its not the price of the house that concerns me,its,..water ,ammenity fee,cable,trash,phone,and whatever else comes my way.Someone said its 1000 a month plus what ever the house payment might be. See ya.
Kregski
, Hobart In. Go Brickies
Old 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kregski
Mac Davis,Candice Bergin,David Carradine,Freddie Prinze,Pernell Roberts,Kojak,,(cant remember his name).Pearl Baily sang a song to me while I was in attendance at the Tonight Show.Ummm..lets see Mory Amsterdam,Bobby Womak,Redd Foxx, DeMond Wilson.I Worked in a gas station in Hollywood California,these were some of my customers.Will be coming to TV sept 13 hope I can afford it seems a bit pricey.Its not the price of the house that concerns me,its,..water ,ammenity fee,cable,trash,phone,and whatever else comes my way.Someone said its 1000 a month plus what ever the house payment might be. See ya.
Kregski
, Hobart In. Go Brickies
Telly Savalas was Kojak. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001699/
Old 08-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony
Anybody ever hear of Donnie Iris?

We went to school together from kindergarten into college.

Quite a character.

Now I have heard of Donnie Iris-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Iris
Old 08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Trisha Yearwood was in our offices yesterday and sang half a dozen songs.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:26 PM

What's the name of the Polish/Hungarian deli? We're coming down in Jan and would love to visit this deli. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

nh, watch out for the topicop
Old 09-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Remember Dion, the singer back in the 60s ('Runaround Sue')? He was on a Carribean cruise that I was on. No one recognized him, and he didn't bring it to anyone's attention. Nice guy!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:54 PM

John Ratzenberger from Cheers and Made in America. He wrote a book called We Have it Made in America. A good Republican, blue collar book and a good read. He was signing the books at Borders in South Hills Village Mall in Pittsburgh.

The other was Lucille, the founder of Transmissions by Lucille here in Pittsburgh. She was a single mom with two teenage boys who needed a job. She had been a school teacher in Kansas who married a guy after WWII and moved to Pittsburgh. He left her with the two boys. She wasn't able to get a teaching job but she did get a job as an office worker in a small garage. Being inquisitive, she read all the manuals. One day, as the story goes, two of the mechanics couldn't figure out how to fix a transmission. She overheard their problem and offered them her advise. Being a woman (in the 60's) the didn't really pay her any attention. After they tried everything else, they tried her suggestion. It worked. It wasn't long that she became a resource for the mechanics and eventually she open her own transmissions shop which evolved into a local chain. Back in the 90's when she was doing the book signing, she had sold shops and still wore her hair in a beehive like she did in the 60's. You have to admire her drive and her fight. I know I do.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.