Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Smile famous people

My cousin is Christopher Knight who played Peter Brady from the Brady Bunch. He came to visit my parents who once lived in Metuchen, NJ. I knew Robert Hedges too who recently past away from Welcome Back Kotter. He grew up in Fords and later moved to Metuchen. My sister graduated with David Cooperfield from Metuchen High School. So we knew his family before he became famous. I also met saw him again at one of his magic shows. I also met Tom Jones and Barry Manilow. When I was 12 years, I went to a cousin's family reunion in Long Island and came upon Howard Stern. I think at the time he was 2 yrs younger than me and Christoper Knight was also at the same party but he was a toddler then. So can you figure out I grew up in Metuchen, NJ. Last summer we met Josh Pressley parents at a minor league ballgame. He is not that famous but his parents own a window business out of Fort Lauderdale, Fl and Josh was traded to Sugar Land, TX. His parents travel with him to all of his minor league games. It was fun meeting them that day at the Somerset Patriots Game, Somerset, NJ.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:01 AM

When I was a kid, my brother in law tried out as a kicker for a minor league football team. The try out was held at Gaelic Park in the Bronx. Of all the people I would ever expected to meet at a football try out, Jackie Robinson wasn't one of them. Believe he was a part owner, not sure, though I do remember he was very cordial and shook everyone's hand.
Almost bumped into Muhammed Ali walking down Lexington Ave close to Grand Central Station.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:01 AM

Peter Max, Andy Warhol, Gregg Allman, Magic Johnson, Walt Frazier, Bobby Colomby(Blood, Sweat & Tears), Elton John, Ronnie Howard (Opie), Willie Mays, and Victor Borge. As Advertising Manager for Pioneer and Samsung, we used these celebrities in various ads.

All of these celebrities were gracious and delightful to meet!

Don Kobes
Old 05-19-2012, 06:03 AM

The late Dick Clark on American Bandstand in 1961. Went to Philadelphia for the International Key Club Convention and our sponsor got us in. Dick met with us in his office prior to the show and told us in no uncertain terms to STAY in the bleachers, but of course I just HAD to dance with Justine!

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."----John Wesley
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455
Default famous people

I finally got to meet "cousin" Wynonna and her momma when they came to Weirsdale for the concert. Have been following them for years but never ever close enough to meet her. A few years back I found out that we are related back in the hills.... I spoke with a man who seemed to be the head honcho for the concert and told him my story showed him our genealogy paperwork where Wynonna Ashely and Momma Naomi are related to me. I asked him if he could give it to Wynonna and he said I will do you one better I will let you give it to her yourself.
Thought I was gonna wig out on the spot...Boy they sure are pretty upclose and personal..
Now waiting on the family reunion...heeheeee!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Hockey Greats

Mike Modono, Stevie Yzerman, the late Bob Probert, Patty Lafataine, and too many black hawks and redwings to count in the 80s and 90s. My husband and son played spring and summer hockey off season, with them. But the best was each time Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsay would show up just for the fun of it to the rink. Everyone was just a guy on a pair of skates, who they were was not important to them, they just wanted to play for fun.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Sage
Default Rachael ray

Rachael Ray.....she graduated from the same HS as I did and still does a cooking show once a year at the high school to help raise money for charities.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

I met several artists from oldies groups but the only two I remember are Tommy James from the Shondells (I Think We’re Alone Now) who was an absolute egomaniacal jerk, and The Del Vikings, (Come Go With Me) who were lovely. I Catered several oldies concerts at a theatre years ago and the groups were from before my time, so I didn’t really know them or their music. I do remember one of them commenting that they enjoyed my treating them like “real people” and my replying that it was because I had absolutely no idea who they were. I was told by the theatre manager NOT to say that any more.
I sort of 'met' John Denver. My girlfriends and I were at a concert of his in the 70s and the theatre double sold the seats so they sat us off to the side where we couldn't see the big screen of nature pictures Denver used to accompany his music. After the concert as he was leaving, he saw us and asked us why we were there. We told him about the mix up in our seats with our tickets and he apologized. He offered to make it up to us and asked us to come to a party with him. We were 19 and in college and my roommate drove and wouldn't go. I had no way to convince her so I had to decline. After reading his biography years later and about how wild he really was, it's probably safter that we didn't go. I don't consider it really meeting because it was only a brief chat.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

One of my most memorable moments occurred when President Ronald Reagan was running for office. At the time, I lived in Daytona Beach Florida and was the president of the Jaycee Auxiliary. We had the honor of hosting the luncheon held for President Reagan and Wallace and I had the privilege of traveling to the airport along with the press to pick up President Reagan and the First Lady. I walked up to the airplane and greeted both of them and President Reagan kissed me on the cheek. It was an awesome experience!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
One of my most memorable moments occurred when President Ronald Reagan was running for office. At the time, I lived in Daytona Beach Florida and was the president of the Jaycee Auxiliary. We had the honor of hosting the luncheon held for President Reagan and Wallace and I had the privilege of traveling to the airport along with the press to pick up President Reagan and the First Lady. I walked up to the airplane and greeted both of them and President Reagan kissed me on the cheek. It was an awesome experience!
Saw Ronald Reagan give a speech at the U of Nevada, Reno (UNR) in the 1980s. He was a very good speaker. Never met him though. Also heard Leonard Nimoy give a speech on his poetry at UNR as well. Nimoy was quite a good poet if I remember correctly. Never met him either but these were interesting experiences. The Poetry of Leonard Nimoy | The Retroist
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM

I accidently ran down President George Bush (the father) and James Baker, the Secretary of State. Mr. Baker had an office at the law firm where I worked in Houston and he and the President were walking down a hall as I went running around the corner and collided with Mr. Baker caujsing him to crash into the President. I helped them up, apologized profusely, said I was happy to meet them and that my name was Joanne. My name is actually Judy.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Gold member

We met Thomas Kincade back in Nashville, TN at one of the gallery openings. We had purchased a picture before and he resigned it on the back for us. Got to meet his wife at that time also.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Location: Village of Charlotte (Lauren Villas) from Circleville, Ohio

NASCAR driver, Harry Gant. He is my sister's brother-in-law.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Gold member

Bobby Knight. Jud Heathcote and Tom Izzo MSU Steve Fisher Uof M Dick Vitale University of Detroit and the Detroit Pistons. Plus many many College Coaches and players all over this country.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

My grandparents best friends where Diane Sawyer's parents. My mom used to babysit Diane. My mom said that was not always an easy task....Diane was high spirited, but fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.