Favorite Places in Central Florida

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2020, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbraun View Post
Cedar Key.. any one of many springs (Blue, Manatee, Salt, others) bank fishing for crappie any where along the St John, the gardens at UofF, Rainbow River..
I’d love to take a canoe trip on any of those rivers but aren’t alligators and snakes a threat? Yikes!
Old 05-15-2020, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willis100 View Post
Black Diamond Ranch Quarry Course in Lecanto.
How does anyone focus on playing golf with such scenery to look at? That place looks beautiful. I don’t play golf but I think I could offer to caddy just to see it. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
Boca Grande Island near Port Charlotte. You can schedule a tour of the back range lighthouse (pre-pandemic)
So sometimes Google rains on our parade. The images of Gasperilla looked so enticing but then my search switched to “The name Gasparilla was born from Jose Gaspar, a pirate who terrorized the coastal waters of West Florida during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Fond of calling himself "Gasparilla", Gaspar and his band of pirates lived a life of seizing and robbing merchant ships off the Gulf Coast until 1821”

Not all of history was happy for all :/
Old 05-15-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKahuna View Post
Two Tails Ranch in Williston is worth a visit. It is an elephant rescue ranch with lots of other animals too.
I think elephants & lions are some of the most intelligent, elegant creatures on the planet. Spending time with elephants would be an honor. Thanks
Old 05-15-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKoca View Post
There is always Gator Land, Homossasa Springs, and Bock Tower.
My cousin highly recommended Gator Land too. I think they house a previous-Villages resident or two. I love the native FL creatures and nature areas the best.
The Mote Aquarium (Sarasota) rescues and rehabs FL manatees. There’s a sea turtle place in the Keyes that I also enjoyed for its naturalist endeavors.

https://www.turtlehospital.org/visit-us/

The j.Darling bird sanctuary is great for bird watching too (fort Myers/Sanibel Island) Do you know of others?
Old 05-15-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula View Post
Ocala, right up the street, has the Appleton Museum, Sholom Park, Florida Horse Park, Silver Springs, Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum, Zip Line, Gypsy Golf Horse Farm, just to name a few!
Ocala offers several interesting day trips! The Appleton Museum looks fun but this sculpture reminds me of the “Wisteria vine from Hell” I once made the serious mistake of planting!

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...it-outside.jpg

I guess I should stick to art that hangs on walls!
Closed Thread

Tags
beach, places, pete, •downtown, favorite

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.