Five Myths About Sharia Law.

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Platinum member
Post Sharia Law

Well, I read the Washington Post article that tiptoed around the truth about Sharia Law.

The problem is that I've also seen the videos of Radical Islamics cutting off the heads of Christians simply because they are Christians, throwing a homosexual man off of a rooftop to his death simply because he was homosexual, and cutting off a man's hand for stealing.

This is not to mention the beheading of a woman for adultery, and the practice of female genital mutilation to suppress women's sexual urges to keep them subjugated.

The article makes the argument that nowhere in our country is Sharia Law practiced. Before I retired I investigated cases in my county where Moderate Muslims were terrified into submission to Sharia Law practices by threats of violence by Extremist Muslims.

It is real, and it is with us.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:45 AM
Veteran member

Our Country our laws. Their country their laws. Let them remain apart.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Sharia Law prescribes very similar penalties, for similar acts, as the Old Testament.

And no true Christian actually uses the Old Testament to judge, or recommend discipline, of other Americans or those of other faiths.

Oh wait.....
Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 AM
Email Reported As Spam

One individual wrote to explain that he had emigrated from China. Now a citizen of the US was writing an explanation for a recent article addressing why Asian students attending American Universities were found to be cheating 4 times more than other students. He reasoned that communist replaced religion in his country with secularism because before that honor respect, honesty were some of the byproduct of their religions

I believe we are seeing that in this nation where big government is taking control of our lives as it shifts us to rule by man vis a vis rule of law, laws granted us by God.

Sharia Law is rule of man disguised and evil in its intent and application

There is a difference in a real religious leader vis a vis an imposter who would use religion for his/her personal gain, revenge, etc. Religion/spirituality are essential for the human soul without it there is a deep emptiness and no real purpose to our lives. Can you think of any world leader past or present that could stand up against God? I prefer to place my hands in God
Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the Amish will not defend our shores, Hassidic Jews won't either. Probably more groups I can't remember now. The children of Abraham are a very diverse lot. I was born and raised Roman Catholic, but now a strict atheist. To me religion is a very strange way of life and has brought more death to humankind then any virus or terrestrial event. The world is changing folks and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop it. Either we all stand together or surely we're all gonna die together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are exaggerating a wee bit. Bubonic plague alone killed 75-200 million. The 1918 influenza pandemic killed 50 million. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition and witch burning totaled less than 300,000. Atheistic communism is estimated to have upwards of 110 million related deaths.

Last edited by outlaw; 06-27-2016 at 07:09 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member

According to Sharia law:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand (see below).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah, the god of Islam is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car, as it leads to fitnah (upheaval).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal".
• Muslims should engage in Taqiyya and lie to non-Muslims to advance Islam.

Seems reasonable.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

The fundamentalist sect of many religions have a bad tract record but in any group, church, gathering even fundamentalists you have various levels from he severest to the enlightened and most lovingly spiritual. When they violent basic human rights, they area danger to us all, even in their country. Ideas spread as we well know. We need to educate ourselves to see the difference in people and individuals and learn realist ally how to view, understand and deal appropriately with this differently than ages past. My background is in the social sciences and spirituality. I'm now reading Atman by Wilber, so insightful, it will help.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
The fundamentalist sect of many religions have a bad tract record but in any group, church, gathering even fundamentalists you have various levels from he severest to the enlightened and most lovingly spiritual. When they violent basic human rights, they area danger to us all, even in their country. Ideas spread as we well know. We need to educate ourselves to see the difference in people and individuals and learn realist ally how to view, understand and deal appropriately with this differently than ages past. My background is in the social sciences and spirituality. I'm now reading Atman by Wilber, so insightful, it will help.
Make excuses for, and minimize by blending in, the bloodthirsty islamic jihadists who throw homosexuals off rooftops for the bloodthirsty audience below mock and laugh at and then to kick to death. But even the heinous cult amongst Christians--Westboro Baptist--doesn't do massacres and bloodbaths. Their raucous, verbal venom doesn't even come close, and plenty of audiences at funerals surround these devils to block them from tormenting the survivors.

CNN Documentary: ISIS throws gay men off buildings

ISIS throws gay men off buildings - YouTube

Old 06-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Platinum member
Post History

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, the Amish will not defend our shores, Hassidic Jews won't either. Probably more groups I can't remember now. The children of Abraham are a very diverse lot. I was born and raised Roman Catholic, but now a strict atheist. To me religion is a very strange way of life and has brought more death to humankind then any virus or terrestrial event. The world is changing folks and there isn't a damn thing anyone can do to stop it. Either we all stand together or surely we're all gonna die together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interestingly, as Islam originally spread across North Africa, both Christians and Jews were permitted to continue their religious practices as long as they paid a tax to their conquerors.

Atheists, however, were killed. There is no indication that they fare better under ISIS Radical Muslims.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

4 ways ISIS grounds its actions in religion, and why it should matter (COMMENTARY) | Religion News Service

This is interesting.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Veteran member

"Mateen reportedly called 911 shortly before the shooting and swore allegiance to the leader of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Mateen shows the twisted religious training of ISIS supporters, who believe that God supports their burning 19 girls alive when they refuse to be sex slaves or, in this case, massacring innocent people at a nightclub. They are told that God celebrates such atrocities as fulfillment of Islamic values....."

Orlando Killer Identified As Muslim Extremist Who Pledged Allegiance To ISIS | JONATHAN TURLEY
Old 06-28-2016, 05:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I think you are exaggerating a wee bit. Bubonic plague alone killed 75-200 million. The 1918 influenza pandemic killed 50 million. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition and witch burning totaled less than 300,000. Atheistic communism is estimated to have upwards of 110 million related deaths.

Artistic license [emoji51]
Old 06-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Artistic license [emoji51]
You must be quite an artist. God bless you...oops. I mean have a good day.
Closed Thread

Tags
motives, research, people, sharia, law

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.