Food Recalls

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
ME TOO. I bought three salad kits because our daughter had served them to us when we were North and they were yummy. I didn't know we had another romaine alert. The last one was in January. I thought that had passed.

Salad is always a crap shoot when it comes to microorganisms. I don't worry about it, but when they warn you....well..
Freedom, PA-based Fresh Foods Manufacturing Co. Saturday recalled approximately 8,757 pounds of ready-to-eat salad products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157: H7 from romaine lettuce, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). The ready-to-eat salad products were "produced" from April 9, 2018, to April 12, 2018, and…

Do they put a "production" date on salad bags?

Do your own research. I don't want to make a mistake.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
This is new information for me so I hesitated posting. I try to avoid anything that is not uplifting.

I had the local tv news on in the back round and I thought I heard them say yesterday that Romain Lettuce was recalled and today eggs were recalled.

200 million eggs recalled over salmonella fears

A few days ago I bought eggs in Walmart and the only brand name I can see is Great Value. So I guess my eggs are fine.

I am asking you to check my USA Today source and see if it's a real concern.

And find your own source that you can share about the lettuce. I haven't been to the stores lately so my hunch is that if there was a problem, the grocery stores would be the first to know and pull the product.

Is my hunch true?
Tomwed, glad you posted here. I just came from the grocery store here in PA and not only was the packaged lettuce pulled but there were signs all over the area - couldn't miss them. As people were acting surprised to see this, I was thinking how I heard it first on TOTV.

Good call to post - thanks!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

I bought a dozen Sunny Meadows eggs, I think from Winn Dixie. We've eaten half of them, and the carton has Rose Acre Farms on it. So out they go,not raking a chance.
Closed Thread

Tags
eggs, source, recalled, today, lettuce

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.