Forever Home

Old 05-10-2024, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
My “forever” home is in heaven, not here.
Leave your address and we'll write to you.
Old 05-10-2024, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,731 Times in 1,554 Posts

Told my wife that when I tipped over she should have me stuffed and mounted, then propped up in my favorite chair with a scowl on my face, a beer in one hand and the other hand raised in the one-finger salute. But we don't know any taxidermists, so...

On a more pragmatic note we both purchased preneed cremation policies, so when the time comes we're shipped off to the crematorium for toasting, with the ashes returned in a cardboard box to whomever is the surviving spouse. What happens after that is the family's call. My personal preference is to have my ashes scattered over the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in far NE Minnesota. I know some pilots so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,771 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonOfInterest View Post
Leave your address and we'll write to you.
USPS delivers to Heaven? I never knew that! 😲
Old 05-10-2024, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Told my wife that when I tipped over she should have me stuffed and mounted, then propped up in my favorite chair with a scowl on my face, a beer in one hand and the other hand raised in the one-finger salute. But we don't know any taxidermists, so...

On a more pragmatic note we both purchased preneed cremation policies, so when the time comes we're shipped off to the crematorium for toasting, with the ashes returned in a cardboard box to whomever is the surviving spouse. What happens after that is the family's call. My personal preference is to have my ashes scattered over the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in far NE Minnesota. I know some pilots so that shouldn't be a problem.
The first paragraph of your post.....for a second, I thought you were giving the last review at Sonny’s!
Old 05-10-2024, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,649 Times in 3,164 Posts

I'm an organ donor (which is against my religion). I can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery because I'm an organ donor, and because I have a tattoo (also against my religion). Once I'm dead, I will cease to care what someone wants to do with my ashes. They can just toss them in the trash, that's fine. I don't want my death to be someone else's financial burden.
Old 05-10-2024, 10:36 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm an organ donor (which is against my religion). I can't be buried in a Jewish cemetery because I'm an organ donor, and because I have a tattoo (also against my religion). Once I'm dead, I will cease to care what someone wants to do with my ashes. They can just toss them in the trash, that's fine. I don't want my death to be someone else's financial burden.
* just as long as it’s not in a rec center dumpster OBB!
Old 05-10-2024, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Two thumbs up! Practical and compassionate.
Old 05-19-2024, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,203 Times in 1,945 Posts

~~~
Old 05-20-2024, 02:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,480 Times in 2,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
USPS delivers to Heaven? I never knew that! 😲
Also, Father Christmas!
Old 05-20-2024, 08:45 AM

We were together 49 years. I had a very difficult time after my husbands passing. At his service I gave a small amount of his cremains to family members , to be spread in their towns. For the next few years I took a tablespoon of his ashes (in a contact lenses case) everywhere I traveled, and revisited places we had lived or loved. Very easy to He is all over the world.
Some ashes are under a headstone in Ohio. I still have some to be mixed with mine….then mine will be buried there, too.
I know this is way too much for some people, but it’s what gave me comfort.
The point of the story….cremation gives you options. Cremains can be divided and given away or disposed of all at once.
Our local columbariums hold two urns per niche. Very inexpensive, but you do have a final memorial.
It’s a matter of deciding what is important to you.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell57 View Post
We were together 49 years. I had a very difficult time after my husbands passing. At his service I gave a small amount of his cremains to family members , to be spread in their towns. For the next few years I took a tablespoon of his ashes (in a contact lenses case) everywhere I traveled, and revisited places we had lived or loved. Very easy to He is all over the world.
Some ashes are under a headstone in Ohio. I still have some to be mixed with mine….then mine will be buried there, too.
I know this is way too much for some people, but it’s what gave me comfort.
The point of the story….cremation gives you options. Cremains can be divided and given away or disposed of all at once.
Our local columbariums hold two urns per niche. Very inexpensive, but you do have a final memorial.
It’s a matter of deciding what is important to you.
Thank you for sharing.....and I totally agree with the option.
Old 05-20-2024, 08:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Also, Father Christmas!
🤥🫢🤨🙄 So, (sniff, my mommy lied?
Old 05-20-2024, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,339 Posts

Quote:
Absolute nonsense....

A simple Google search reveals:

"Is organ donation permitted in Judaism? Organ donation is giving an organ to help someone who needs a transplant. In principle Judaism sanctions and encourages organ donation in order to save lives (pikuach nefesh)."

"An organ donor can be buried in a Jewish cemetery with any/all traditional funeral and burial rituals, including Tahara (ritual washing)."

"While the Jewish community might still be divided over tattoos, the prohibition against burying a tattooed person in a Jewish cemetery is a myth."

-Tom Petty

Tags
interred, place, time, forever, planning

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.