FORTE!!!! please vote now!!

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2013, 09:37 PM

They finished in fourth place. What a great group! Lets see who won.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Default Forte is out

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
America's Got Talent finalists are Forte a group of 3 tenors singing opera. Just so happens one of them is from Belleview and often sings at The Villages. Please go to NBC.com now and put in your 10 votes for these fine young men. I think you have plenty of time to vote, winner announced tomorrow.
Just got booted, not quite fair.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 09-18-2013, 10:05 PM

They came in 4th.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:12 PM

They are great. Have a wonderful future ahead of them.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Veteran member

Good results! The top two came in First and Second, My lovely wife and I are happy.
Finally talent other then singers won.

The others can still use this as start of career, most have.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Forte will have a very very successful career with the right agent guiding them. Just hope they return to TV every so often to entertain the locals.

The top two acts were by far the most original and creative acts on the show and you cant take that away from them...especially the final winner. The comic I thought had an over-blown ego.

The Magician (even at age 17) can be a name show act TODAY in Las Vegas. Very surprized he was the 2nd to go......and the country singer .....although he deserved to be in the final 6, I thought he was weak in the semi's.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Forte was better early one, but after replacing one singer, they were on a downward slide.

Don't forget if you want to see the top acts live, the show starts in FL beginning of Oct in FL. Go to nbc.com/agt for tickets. They travel the country now, not just Vegas
Old 09-19-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

America is a great melting pot. Only in America can you have a show called Americas got talent and only 1 of the 4 judges are actually American. You get a winner who has been in America for 20 years but hardly just discovered. He has won at least 7 times at th Apollo and was grand champion one year ... He is very good and overall probably had the most talent. I am not sure he is an American citizen or not. But it makes no difference.

What a country.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Forte will have a very very successful career with the right agent guiding them. Just hope they return to TV every so often to entertain the locals...

The Magician (even at age 17) can be a name show act TODAY in Las Vegas. Very surprized he was the 2nd to go......and the country singer .....although he deserved to be in the final 6, I thought he was weak in the semi's.
Yikes!! I thought the magician was probably the worst act I've seen anywhere in many years (ever?). Can you imagine sitting in Las Vegas and watching this guy for an hour? The only thing disappearing would be the audience.

I think Forte may have screwed themselves up with their final song selection. Not that many people know or appreciate opera... and their choice was not exactly well known. They might have pulled it off with a known song tailored to their talents. "Some Enchanted Evening" or perhaps "The Impossible Dream" come to mind. Anyway... doesn't matter now.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Old 09-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt. View Post
Yikes!! I thought the magician was probably the worst act I've seen anywhere in many years (ever?). Can you imagine sitting in Las Vegas and watching this guy for an hour? The only thing disappearing would be the audience.

I think Forte may have screwed themselves up with their final song selection. Not that many people know or appreciate opera... and their choice was not exactly well known. They might have pulled it off with a known song tailored to their talents. "Some Enchanted Evening" or perhaps "The Impossible Dream" come to mind. Anyway... doesn't matter now.
The magician was very good. And only 17, I would not have been able to perform like he did at 17.

He would now be great as part of a variety show, hone his craft, finish school. All magicians have tricks to get the right result. Saw David Copperfield in Vegas many years ago, saw how he did his tricks, have not seen much from him since.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
Saw David Copperfield in Vegas many years ago, saw how he did his tricks, have not seen much from him since.
That's because he stays almost entirely in Vegas doing sold out shows every day. Actually that's 2 a day and 3 on Saturday! He's been at the MGM forever it seems.

David Copperfield | VEGAS.com

I think the right person won AGT. Not sure the comedian deserved 2nd though. He needs a lot more material.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
That's because he stays almost entirely in Vegas doing sold out shows every day. Actually that's 2 a day and 3 on Saturday! He's been at the MGM forever it seems.

David Copperfield | VEGAS.com

I think the right person won AGT. Not sure the comedian deserved 2nd though. He needs a lot more material.
David Copperfield used to do TV Specials, walking through Great Wall, making elephant disappear, those are gone.
I think Taylor on AGT has material, but is limited to the short period allowed. His mannerisms are an act to make one think he does not know much.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
David Copperfield used to do TV Specials, walking through Great Wall, making elephant disappear, those are gone.
I think Taylor on AGT has material, but is limited to the short period allowed. His mannerisms are an act to make one think he does not know much.
exactly - but that doesn't mean he's faded at all. This happens to many performers (i.e. Celine Dion, Sinatra from the old days and even Elvis to a point). They become so big that they can just stay put in one city, VEGAS, and make all the money they ever dreamed of without all the hassle of travel or doing numerous tv shows. A lot easier life for this level of performer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.