Found a bag of poo....what would you do?

Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2021, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,067 Times in 535 Posts

What should you do? Hop on your computer and write a post to tell the world.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:32 AM

I must admit that in the past I have been guilty of doing that once or twice. I don't do it anymore, but I would leave the baggie by a lamp post or street sign as I walked my loop and pick it up on my way back by. There were a couple times I completely forgot to pick it up - thus the reason I no longer leave it anywhere.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I leave it for those who collect such things. It is quite disgusting that there are enough people around who just drop the bag of doo and walk off. What is wrong with you people????
First of all I am not a dog owner but have been in the past.

A dogs natural instinct, for health reasons is not to relieve itself where it lives.

I doubt you will find a single post saying I leave my dog's behind when I look around and find no one looking. So where does it come from with everyone being perfect?

Cooperation? Responsibility obviously work only sometimes.

For people who can't or won't train their pets, apply repellents.
For all those who will surely protest, realize no problem if you do not allow your dog on my property.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:48 AM
Default Not intentional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I leave it for those who collect such things. It is quite disgusting that there are enough people around who just drop the bag of doo and walk off. What is wrong with you people????
Most likely a mistake and not intentional. If someone is that inconsiderate why even bag it in the first place. What you ought to be concerned about are people who don’t even make the effort to bag.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
It's good fertilizer. Carry it over to the other thread regarding bad lawns and leave it. 💩💩 💩
IT IS NOT. First of all a dog is a meat eater. Due to disease we use only manure from vegetable eating animals such as cows.

If, it is such great fertilizer you can you should walk YOUR PET on your property.

Reality.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:04 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Walk your dog to the mailboxes and let your dog do his business pick it up with your bag and put it in the trash bin provided there....just a little humor in a lot of s..t.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:08 AM

Better wear our masks outdoors again just in case the pandemic of poo bags could be toxic
Old 06-01-2021, 08:24 AM
Veteran member

If you found a bag of dog poop, what would you do? Keep it, or give it to the police?
Old 06-01-2021, 08:37 AM
Default Really people?

I agree it is not considerate to drop poop bags ; but think about it. If the person is considerate enough to bring bags and pick up the poop (which everyone should do out of respect for others), does it make sense that they would just drop the bag? Why even bother picking it up then?

Unless you see this in the same area, over and over, I would assume it's a one-off. Something unusual happened that day.

"what would you do?" My advise: Pick up the bag, throw it out and get on with your day. If after that, you are still looking for something to get angry about, turn on the news.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:08 AM

A lot of you pass this off as if it is nothing. “Move on”, ”Quit complaining…”, "There are worst things that can happen”. If I was a betting man I would say everyone of you with this flippant attitude is a pet owner. Imagine for a moment if everyone in your neighborhood was a horse owner except for you and every day you walk out to your yard and find a big pile that someone left for you because they were too lazy and inconsiderate to pick up after themselves. I am new to The Villages and over the last year I have never been able to mow my lawn without having to first pick up pile after pile of crap. You can all laugh it off but it is not funny for those of us who chose to live a pet-free life. Villagers who don’t own pets don’t even care if you use the lawn as your bathroom. They just expect some common courtesy and respect and ask that you clean-up after your pet. Is that so difficult? “Move on, quit complaining and there are worse things that can happen than picking up your own dog’s sh*t!"
Old 06-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochellepfaff View Post
I often leave the bag by the curb so I don't have to carry it for 3 miles. Then I pick it up on the way back from our walk. I'm sure that's what most people do. Otherwise they wouldn't bother to bag it at all. You just happened to find it before they doubled back to pick it up.
I would hope people wouldn't leave a plastic bag of dog s*** on the street for ANY length of time!! If you can't take care of your dog, get rid of it!!
Old 06-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
If you found a bag of dog poop, what would you do? Keep it, or give it to the police?
I would give it back to it's rightful owner.......
Old 06-01-2021, 09:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochellepfaff View Post
I often leave the bag by the curb so I don't have to carry it for 3 miles. Then I pick it up on the way back from our walk. I'm sure that's what most people do. Otherwise they wouldn't bother to bag it at all. You just happened to find it before they doubled back to pick it up.
I think what you do is perfectly reasonable, and if you left it in front of my house, and I found it before you came back, I would add it to our collection from our own dogs and not think twice about it... but...

There is always a but. Considering we live in a community of 80,000 grumpy old people that live only to find things to have hair fires about, I would suggest a belt bag, fanny pack, something to put the poobag into until you get home. This is coming from someone with 2 large dogs. Our dogs believe it is their constitutional right to poop on walks. So, we pick it up, in a bag, and carry the bag in one hanging from our belt until we get home.

It is a small price to pay to help relieve tension. Of course, there are those that will then complain about my dogs walking on the edge of their lawn, or peeing on a fire hydrant, etc. There is no way to make all 80,000 grumpy old people happy.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpaOompa View Post
A lot of you pass this off as if it is nothing. “Move on”, ”Quit complaining…”, "There are worst things that can happen”. If I was a betting man I would say everyone of you with this flippant attitude is a pet owner. Imagine for a moment if everyone in your neighborhood was a horse owner except for you and every day you walk out to your yard and find a big pile that someone left for you because they were too lazy and inconsiderate to pick up after themselves. I am new to The Villages and over the last year I have never been able to mow my lawn without having to first pick up pile after pile of crap. You can all laugh it off but it is not funny for those of us who chose to live a pet-free life. Villagers who don’t own pets don’t even care if you use the lawn as your bathroom. They just expect some common courtesy and respect and ask that you clean-up after your pet. Is that so difficult? “Move on, quit complaining and there are worse things that can happen than picking up your own dog’s sh*t!"
Funny, for my first year, I mowed my own lawn, and never, not once did I find poop in my grass. NEVER. Maybe you ****ed off a dog owner?

Well, to start, I lived in a neighborhood with horses walking across my property and pooping for 10 years, and not once did I complain to the horse owners. We had acreage and a pond and people found it to be a convenient shortcut or a nice place to ride in the shade of our woods during the summer. We had a colloquial term for each other - "neighbors".

And a$$holes tossing trash out of their windows - literally trash bags and Burger King bags - onto my property as they drove by was much more troubling than horse poop.

My wife and I got a 5-mile walk around our land picking up bottles and other trash before we could mow it every week. Good clean exercise! LOL.

As far as the worst things that can happen, read the headlines almost daily now mass shooting kills 11 years olds sitting in their car, dozens wounded and some killed in clubs, on and on. On the verge of a nuclear exchange with N. Korea or Iran, Russia is threatening military action against people it disagrees with. 25% of children in the United States go to bed hungry. People in the villages dying from golf cart accidents, often in the roundabout. . And on and on. Remind me which of those is less bad than dog poop?

And yes, I am a dog owner. And yes, I pick up after my own dogs. I would NOT be surprised to find that at one time I stopped to talk to a neighbor while on a walk and one of my dogs pooped behind my back and I left without knowing it. OMG! Call out the National Guard - it's DOG POOP!

Wonder if the deer pick up their poop, or the coyotes only go in the fields around the villages, or the squirrels and geese, and bears and turtles, and alligators, and lizards, and ... well, you get the idea,

Ever go swimming in the ocean? I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and spent most of my life swimming on the reefs off the coast - millions of fresh pooping and peeing in the water I was swimming in - OGM! Eeeewwww...

Seriously. Grumpy old people.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:04 AM

i just put it in the street and it will go down the street
Closed Thread

Tags
bag, people, drop, doo, walk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.