Free college, room, board, books in 5 Chicago high schools

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

If a person doesn't learn the meaning of "earning" something then the ability to learn to value what you do is diminished....so is the ability to view others talents and abilities as a learned, valued and respected part of society.

"FREE" things are useless values. At least make them clean their own bathrooms and clean up the campus.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
If a person doesn't learn the meaning of "earning" something then the ability to learn to value what you do is diminished....so is the ability to view others talents and abilities as a learned, valued and respected part of society.

"FREE" things are useless values. At least make them clean their own bathrooms and clean up the campus.

This thread has enough innuendo posts.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,195 Times in 839 Posts

Quote:

Yup, those people who are getting this benefit are really good at cleaning bathrooms and sweeping up stuff. Step and fetch it boy.

My education was free, nearly totally free. I paid almost nothing. So that means in your informed opinion that I don't have values. Well, not your values. I earned my college education by being a successful high school student. I earned my professional education by being a successful college student. School was my job. School was my children's job. They turned out just fine, thank you.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,076 Times in 2,543 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Are you a product of America's public school education? I am. It can be done well and produce excellent compassionate students capable of critical thinking. It takes money and it takes community support.

The organization is Hope Chicago, not Chicago Hope. Read about the program HERE

These are students in the Chicago Public Schools. Read the article. Feel the enthusiasm.
Old school public education before teachers union took over.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yup, those people who are getting this benefit are really good at cleaning bathrooms and sweeping up stuff. Step and fetch it boy.

My education was free, nearly totally free. I paid almost nothing. So that means in your informed opinion that I don't have values. Well, not your values. I earned my college education by being a successful high school student. I earned my professional education by being a successful college student. School was my job. School was my children's job. They turned out just fine, thank you.
You’re education wasn’t free, some poor sap with no kids was paying for it through taxes.

So, you got you’re free education and how much did you give back? O wait it wouldn’t been free then.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This thread has enough innuendo posts.

Not even close.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:

Free is expected in this country, especially education as long as somebody else paying for it.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:

LOL, like there cleaning bathroom. Like dislike the ra—— step and fetch, which seems to pop in a lot don’t it.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,433 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
LOL, like there cleaning bathroom. Like dislike the ra—— step and fetch, which seems to pop in a lot don’t it.
Your sheet is showing………
Old 03-07-2022, 08:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,234 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Public schools can do great things with the teachers they have if they are given respectful students eager to learn. It is the job of parents to provide teachers with students like that. We can’t expect teachers to succeed very well if the parents aren’t doing what they are supposed to do. It’s only rarely possible. Blame parents, not teachers. G I G O.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptmckiou View Post
Maybe you can create a “Go fund me” page for the rest of the US, since I doubt you would want any gov programs to help them. Your compassion for others is overwhelming. Maybe find joy for those that are so lucky to receive such a blessing, instead of going negative.
Yep, there should be New York university in every town across the fly over states.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Your sheet is showing………
I didn’t make the rac—- comment.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,176 Times in 442 Posts

Just read comments about my OP, and totally shocked that something wonderful for these kids has been made DIRTY. How can you not be enthusiastic for kids that WANT an opportunity to succeed. Lordy, lordy what is wrong with this crazy world, when lies are truths, goodness is evil, geeez!
Closed Thread

Tags
chicago, free, great, start, interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.