Free or not music download...where?

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Lynn222
Default Free or not music download...where?

Want to give my husband a CD for his birthday filled with Buffett Songs. Know I could buy a CD but I want a mix from different CD's. I don't mind spending a little money. So, any one know a safe site I can download Buffett songs from?

Lynn Baldacci
Life is not necessarily drawing a good hand but playing a bad hand well.
Baltimore, Maryland
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Richmond, Virginia
The Villages...met a man the first month - got married 2-1/2 years later...who knew I would move to The Villages and meet a husband!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Sage

Spotify and Google Play are two that I use and trust.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

iTunes and Amazon are also safe.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:27 PM

You can buy a software download from www dot totalrecorder dot com for $18 and then you can download any music from youtube. They will give you a trial to see if you like it. I have recorded over 100 songs with this and then burned them to CDs.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn222 View Post
Want to give my husband a CD for his birthday filled with Buffett Songs. Know I could buy a CD but I want a mix from different CD's. I don't mind spending a little money. So, any one know a safe site I can download Buffett songs from?
Personally, I would go with a pay site, like iTunes. It's possible to download music in other ways, but that calls into question the legality of doing that. A couple years ago, a woman was sued for a couple million dollars for downloading music illegally.

With iTunes, you can download individual songs for about $1.29 and then burn them to CD...quality will be very good too.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Buffett CD

Good choice by he way
Do you have any Buffett cd's if yes, just copy your favourites from them and. Make a mix cd. I do this for my husband, I always use reusable cd 's so can change them as I please.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
Personally, I would go with a pay site, like iTunes. It's possible to download music in other ways, but that calls into question the legality of doing that. A couple years ago, a woman was sued for a couple million dollars for downloading music illegally.

With iTunes, you can download individual songs for about $1.29 and then burn them to CD...quality will be very good too.
Both Totalrecorder and Youtube are legal and very good quality. It is also legal to make backup copies of your own CDs. It is ILLEGAL to SELL those recordings.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
Both Totalrecorder and Youtube are legal and very good quality. It is also legal to make backup copies of your own CDs. It is ILLEGAL to SELL those recordings.
Not to debate this with you, but a simple Google search will prove the legality of obtaining recordings in such a manner; no matter the source.

I don't want to give someone advice on a forum that could potentially lead to an illegal activity.

For what's it's worth...I'd be careful about advertising how you have downloaded these music files and burned them to CD's...
Old 07-14-2014, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

If you buy music online from Amazon or iTunes, it will clearly be legal (as long as you aren't burning it to CDs for sale). If you copy or download music from sites like Youtube, there is still a great deal of controversy. That is why your browser (e.g., Google, Explorer, Firefox) blocks many extensions, applications and even sites. Nonetheless, this may or may not be technically illegal as described below.

YouTube sues MP3 conversion tool as the industry prepares for a new fight over content rights | Digital Trends

Once you make your decision regarding legality, you still have to consider the underlying ethical issues. This is discussed very well in the following:

David Byrne speaks out again on artists' survival in the streaming era

Last edited by EnglishJW; 07-14-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-14-2014, 10:20 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I agree with memason. It is so cheap to use Amazon or iTunes, and the quality is excellent. You can make a great CD with the songs you want for under $15 using them. Why take any risk no matter how small for such a low cost gift that will be customized for him. Plus you could make a couple CD's and have one at home, car, golf cart, where ever he might want them. And having them on your computer, you could change the order or any other update you might want later.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.