Gone in a Flash

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Default Gone in a Flash

My sister, living in Titusville, Pa. lost everything in a devastating fire. The home is a total loss. She lived modestly, was a true "flower Child", cared nothing for the material things in life. Her sole purpose in life was rescuing/fostering lost/homeless/injured dogs and cats. She was at our cottage Tuesday night and had her 2 dogs with her but the kitties were at home and none of them survived the fire. Her grief over the loss of the fur babies is consuming. The article in the Titusville Herald, Thursday edition, shows the loss. Her son set up a "gofundme.com" account and it can be accessed by clicking on Help Chris. He posted the notice on Facebook and it is not getting a lot of exposure there. If there is anyone here in TV, where my husband and I live, who would be so kind as to make a small donation, it would be greatly appreciated. The Titusville Herald was going to do a story on Chris and her work with the local veterinarian and animal rescue, but she is a very private person and refused to have anything posted in the paper. The article on the fire did not post her name because they did not know at that time who lived in the house. I am going to attempt to post pictures, but not sure how successful I will be at that. If anyone is interested, you can send me a PM. Thank you so much for taking time to read my post.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	house2.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	80235   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	house5.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	80236   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	New Roof-3.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	80237  
Old 07-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
My sister, living in Titusville, Pa. lost everything in a devastating fire. The home is a total loss. She lived modestly, was a true "flower Child", cared nothing for the material things in life. Her sole purpose in life was rescuing/fostering lost/homeless/injured dogs and cats. She was at our cottage Tuesday night and had her 2 dogs with her but the kitties were at home and none of them survived the fire. Her grief over the loss of the fur babies is consuming. The article in the Titusville Herald, Thursday edition, shows the loss. Her son set up a "gofundme.com" account and it can be accessed by clicking on Help Chris. He posted the notice on Facebook and it is not getting a lot of exposure there. If there is anyone here in TV, where my husband and I live, who would be so kind as to make a small donation, it would be greatly appreciated. The Titusville Herald was going to do a story on Chris and her work with the local veterinarian and animal rescue, but she is a very private person and refused to have anything posted in the paper. The article on the fire did not post her name because they did not know at that time who lived in the house. I am going to attempt to post pictures, but not sure how successful I will be at that. If anyone is interested, you can send me a PM. Thank you so much for taking time to read my post.
I have met some "flower children" here in the Villages. I hope she gets a lot of help on Go Fund Me.
Old 07-20-2019, 01:17 PM
Veteran member

Here is the URL for the GoFundMe page:

Fundraiser by JC Sterno : Help Chris

kathy
Old 07-20-2019, 02:50 PM

Thank you Kathy, for posting the link..... I wasn’t that savvy.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Thank you Kathy, for posting the link..... I wasn’t that savvy.
I don't know the 1st thing about --go fund me--. Can somebody explain? Do you need to put credit card info to donate?

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 07-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
I don't know the 1st thing about --go fund me--. Can somebody explain? Do you need to put credit card info to donate?
Bob:

You can donate with Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx, or PayPal.

You will be asked if you want to add a "tip" to support the sight but you don't have to.

k.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:30 PM

So very sad. Sent a small donation.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

No matter how compelling, some people do not do Go Fund Me. I am one of them.

Send your money directly to the person if you want to.

Why pay a charge for your kindness and charity???
Old 07-21-2019, 08:24 AM

GG, this is why I mentioned that anyone interested could PM me and I would provide more information if someone wanted to donate directly. She does still have the same address for mail, just has PO holding her mail. I don’t like the idea that they take a small percentage (8%), but as with any charity, they to have to make enough to keep them up and running. Chris was adamant that she didn’t want this published in the local papers. She is a very private person. The area we grew up in, Titusville, Oil City, Pithole, was a booming area during the discovery of oil. At one time, the wealthiest area in the country. It is now simply impoverished. When I grew up there, it was the home of the five major oil companies, Quaker. State, Pennzoil, Wolf's Head, Amalie, etc. when they all moved to Texas the area started its decline and there is nothing much left. My sisters attitude is, the people left there can barely keep their head above water and she is not asking any of them for donations. And she won’t contact any charities. She said they are for “people in need”. My question was, how much more in neeed can you be, than just. Losing everything but the clothes on your back???
Old 07-21-2019, 10:39 AM
Default Gone in a Flash

Quote:
GG, this is why I mentioned that anyone interested could PM me and I would provide more information if someone wanted to donate directly. She does still have the same address for mail, just has PO holding her mail. I don’t like the idea that they take a small percentage (8%), but as with any charity, they to have to make enough to keep them up and running. Chris was adamant that she didn’t want this published in the local papers. She is a very private person. The area we grew up in, Titusville, Oil City, Pithole, was a booming area during the discovery of oil. At one time, the wealthiest area in the country. It is now simply impoverished. When I grew up there, it was the home of the five major oil companies, Quaker. State, Pennzoil, Wolf's Head, Amalie, etc. when they all moved to Texas the area started its decline and there is nothing much left. My sisters attitude is, the people left there can barely keep their head above water and she is not asking any of them for donations. And she won’t contact any charities. She said they are for “people in need”. My question was, how much more in neeed can you be, than just. Losing everything but the clothes on your back???
Thank you Terry and Kathy for your kind donation.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:44 PM

It's pretty difficult to send it directly to the person when the person has no home, ie, NO ADDRESS ????? The house burned to the ground !!!!!
Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
It's pretty difficult to send it directly to the person when the person has no home, ie, NO ADDRESS ????? The house burned to the ground !!!!!
She may not have a house anymore but she should still have an address. Does she and can people still PM you for the info.?

Hope she is well. We can only imagine what she must be going through.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:14 PM

Yes you can PM me for information and she does now have it set up with the PO to hold her mail. Thank you for your interest.
Closed Thread

Tags
post, fire, loss, titusville, dogs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.