FL is the new CA.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinva View Post
FL is the new CA.
Not even close.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 01-18-2023, 12:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
That's easy, woke is being aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice). I'll never understand why caring about others is considered a bad thing.
Excellent that you stepped up and gave a definition of woke. Can you tackle "What is a woman"? That seems to be difficult for some to define today as well.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:27 PM
Default the sky ain't falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
What's your gut feeling about the future of state of Florida?
It will be great - that's why people move here.
Maybe it's something at our age we shouldn't concern ourselves with now because we'll be long gone, That is short sighted.
but my list below seems to be coming faster every year.
The population growth from people moving in the state is running wild which effects: It's worse when people leave some states. In the 70's and 80's people left Michigan to go to Texas; Michigan is only beginning to recover, as businesses are working to reinvigorate metro Detroit...and now look how excellent Texas is..

traffic, (including golfcarts and water sports), doesn't seem bad unless there is an evacuation. Have you driven in Atlanta or Cincinnati? I don't understand watersport traffic???
crowds at entertainment venues, Ain't that a GOOD thing? I haven't seen many large crowds. Here in the Villages, it's great that there are so many places that if one area is crowded, it's a short trip to another venue.
prices of housing, Shouldn't that REDUCE the influx of people? I think homeowners would want their investment to increase - I certainly do.
Unemployment, - I think that will be a concern everywhere. If not, then the people will move to the states or countries where the jobs are.
crowded health care centers, I expect that the HC industry will capitalize and build more facilities.
overcrowded restaurants with poor service or food, My house has a great kitchen, and I'm building one outside. If I eat out and get poor service or food, I go elsewhere next time - I don't understand why people would wait in line for bad food / service. I don't mind waiting if the food is great.
rising sea water reducing building lots, google Palm Island - Dubai
out of control insurance rates, home and auto, This is a problem everywhere in the US. The insurance companies must have great lobbyists. I don't have a solution to fix this fraudulent business
increase in crime.
it might be a result of federal administration celebrating criminals over law enforcement. Not as big of a problem in FL as some states. Maybe our borders need reinforcement to keep out criminals and terrorists

If I knew someone that had a gut feeling that the outlook of living in Florida was going to be bad, I'd ask them where they'd like to move, and what is preventing this action.

That is all.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
FL is the new CA.
Good one,! I expect you're referencing 1849.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
FL is the new CA.
In 1976 we took a cross-country trip in a 1970 Dodge Tradesman 100 van. While driving in Northern California I remember seeing bumper stickers that read "Don't Californianite Oregon. I say don't Californianite Florida.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:59 PM

Quote:
FL is the new CA.
God forbid!
Old 01-18-2023, 01:59 PM

Woke is really “I’m more important than you, my feelings are the most important thing in the world!” Well snowflake, you earn respect, respect me and I will respect you.
Old 01-18-2023, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxdog View Post
Woke is really “I’m more important than you, my feelings are the most important thing in the world!” Well snowflake, you earn respect, respect me and I will respect you.
Bingo.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
That's easy, woke is being aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice). I'll never understand why caring about others is considered a bad thing.
Caring about others is not a bad thing, if that is what you want to do.

Many of us are well informed but do not care to be "actively attentive to important societal facts and issues". We just want to enjoy our lives.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

As long as the peninsula doesn't sink with all the new people, I think it will be pretty good, though maybe there are better locations than here. . .
Old 01-18-2023, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
Excellent that you stepped up and gave a definition of woke. Can you tackle "What is a woman"? That seems to be difficult for some to define today as well.
It's off topic, and has nothing to do with the state of Florida, unless you have a problem with women. In which case - there are a few men-only resorts in the Keys you might prefer.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo cruze View Post
it might be a result of federal administration celebrating criminals over law enforcement. Not as big of a problem in FL as some states. Maybe our borders need reinforcement to keep out criminals and terrorists

If I knew someone that had a gut feeling that the outlook of living in Florida was going to be bad, I'd ask them where they'd like to move, and what is preventing this action.

That is all.
Insurance rates are higher in Florida because of greater chance of larger hurricanes with warmer Gulf water due to GLOBAL WARMING. Also, the older population drives up car insurance as does increasing population.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:31 PM
Sage

I would advise you NOT to pick Florida for full-time living because with Global Warming the summers will be too hot to enjoy. If full-time, try either the Carolinas or Tn., but pick a college town away from the rednecks.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Not so sure about that. Prior to coming here I utilized my MN permit-to-carry on a daily basis. Here, even though I have a Florida permit, I haven't even carried once. Just haven't felt the need.

In my opinion this has everything to do with the local law enforcement. They obviously know who the petty troublemakers are, and keep the heat turned up on them. I read V - N on a daily basis; I don't know how many times I've read articles about someone being stopped for no license plate illumination, inappropriately stopping at a stop sign, etc. etc., followed by a drug dog "alerting" to the vehicle with the occupant(s) then being arrested for possession, drug paraphernalia, illegal weapons, you name it. But the point is, virtually all the articles in that particular publication are similar to this; virtually all petty crime. Possession. Shoplifting. Drunk and disorderly. Things that wouldn't even be mentioned should they occur in the northern cities that many of us come from.

Florida, at least around here, values its law-enforcement officers and supports them. As long as that continues I really don't see crime becoming a major issue around here.
I am just asking a civil question. If there are so many good young law enforcement officers in the Village bubble, why did we just a few days ago have threads about a bad intersection and speeding and hazardous driving. maybe the bubble of old people is just EASIER to Police due to LESS serious, violent crimes. Thank you!

Last edited by jimjamuser; 01-19-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
state, water, future, florida, golfcarts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.