FYI, used car price index trend

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2021, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,904 Times in 916 Posts
Default FYI, used car price index trend

Cox Automotive: Seasonally-adjusted wholesale used vehicle prices increased 6.81% in the first 15 days of April compared to the month of March. This brought the mid-month Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index to 191.4, a 52.2% increase from April 2020
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	UsedCarPriceIndex.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	89144  
Old 04-22-2021, 05:10 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And this surprises you? Houses, cars, food, everything is rising at a 6 to 10% rate. It’s called inflation. When the government prints trillions of $$$ it’s a result that can’t be avoided. I started buying TIPs over a year ago because inflation was bound to happen. Everything will go up except the government provided index. They will do everything possible to hide the fact it’s happening.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,904 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And this surprises you?

ah, no, keep up with the conversations and personalities on this board, and the board is not a competition about who currently has the best investment strategy. .

finance guy
Old 04-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And this surprises you? Houses, cars, food, everything is rising at a 6 to 10% rate. It’s called inflation. When the government prints trillions of $$$ it’s a result that can’t be avoided. I started buying TIPs over a year ago because inflation was bound to happen. Everything will go up except the government provided index. They will do everything possible to hide the fact it’s happening.
I regularly say the same thing. The national debt is last time I had the courage to look 29 Trillion dollars. Goerbels, Hitler's propaganda leader coined the term The big lie. You say the same thing over and over again and people will believe it makes sense. Few of us, including me, can comprehend one trillion dollars, let alone twenty-nine of them.

In Germany they thought as we do it can't happen here. I have a pile of reichmarks that belonged to my grandparents even the current German government will not pay anything for them. I'm not selling mine but there are tons of them on ebay. They are nicely printed and on fine paper. Perhaps, have one framed as art on your wall and as a reminder, it can happen here.

Solution, I don't have one. We do not have the national will to stop this. Covid 19 relief checks they were sent to retired people. They are retired. A check because they can't go to work? Or are they using money from other people, some who have not even been born yet to buy our votes.

We are like a drug addict. Hooked on gimmmeeeeesssss from our government. Like a drug habit there is no easy return.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I regularly say the same thing. The national debt is last time I had the courage to look 29 Trillion dollars. Goerbels, Hitler's propaganda leader coined the term The big lie. You say the same thing over and over again and people will believe it makes sense. Few of us, including me, can comprehend one trillion dollars, let alone twenty-nine of them.

In Germany they thought as we do it can't happen here. I have a pile of reichmarks that belonged to my grandparents even the current German government will not pay anything for them. I'm not selling mine but there are tons of them on ebay. They are nicely printed and on fine paper. Perhaps, have one framed as art on your wall and as a reminder, it can happen here.

Solution, I don't have one. We do not have the national will to stop this. Covid 19 relief checks they were sent to retired people. They are retired. A check because they can't go to work? Or are they using money from other people, some who have not even been born yet to buy our votes.

We are like a drug addict. Hooked on gimmmeeeeesssss from our government. Like a drug habit there is no easy return.

Think of a trillion in terms of time:
A million seconds = 12 days. A trillion seconds = 32,000 years
29 trillion seconds = 928,000 years. Approximately 12,000 lifetimes.

$29 trillion = $88,000 per citizen in the USA. Thus if stimulus of $2000 per taxpayer X 2 is driving inflation (used car + 50% and lumber +300% examples) imagine if the treasury printed enough money to pay off the debt. Poof house of cards.

Last edited by rustyp; 04-23-2021 at 07:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
april, vehicle, index, manheim, 52.2%

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.