ANYBODY DRIVING TO MICHIGAN SOON OR MOVING DOWN HERE FROM MICH????

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Default ANYBODY DRIVING TO MICHIGAN SOON OR MOVING DOWN HERE FROM MICH????

My elderly parents (ages 90 & 85) are, unfortunately, unable to continue wintering in FL and have just sold their home in Arcadia, FL. My Dad is unable to come back down, but my Mom is flying down 9/4 and I'm taking her down to her place and helping her pack up her personal belongings. I'll be driving her back to MI in their van with as much "stuff" as we can get in. I KNOW there will be about 25 boxes or so that won't fit and I'm wondering if there is anyone planning a trip to MI with a truck, van, RV, etc. that could take these boxes up with them. She'd be willing to pay. Time wouldn't be too much of a factor as it will be stuff she doesn't need right away. If you're able to help, please email me, ASAP, at: jkpowlison@embarqmail.com

OR..if you're moving down here from MI and using a MI moving company could you let me know? They might be able to take this small load back up for a cheap price????

Thanks,
Janenne
Old 08-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: ANYBODY DRIVING TO MICHIGAN SOON OR MOVING DOWN HERE FROM MICH????

Jannene.

There are four places near The Villages that rent trailers that can be attached to your van and they make a one way trip and can be dropped off near your destination in Michigan. They do require a hitch to be put on your van but they aren't hard to pull and aren't difficult to open and close. We used our own padlock. You can rent them from about $200 up. Call your local U Haul for information. Most people rent trailers to hold just as much stuff as they are moving. I think that you pulling the trailer is a better plan. IMHO

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.