Geez, I can't wait to be shoveling sunshine!

Old 01-07-2024, 02:29 PM
Veteran member

^^^^^^^

If I had a rig like that maybe this wouldn't bother me so much. Can't wait to get down there next month!

This was my morning and I'll have to do it again in a couple hours. (not a video, just a screen shot of the vid my wife took)

The Villages Florida
Old 01-07-2024, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
^^^^^^^

If I had a rig like that maybe this wouldn't bother me so much. Can't wait to get down there next month!

This was my morning and I'll have to do it again in a couple hours. (not a video, just a screen shot of the vid my wife took)

The Villages Florida
I used to snowblow at our last house, but it would take me forever to do our driveway now with a snow blower. The driveway is a full four hybrid golf shot long for me, which is about 200 yards. Plus, I like the tractor better because I can keep a cold beer in the cup holder : )
Old 01-07-2024, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Well, that sure isn’t sunshine I just finished plowing. The snow measured 10 inches in the picture of the picnic table I took this morning. Will be shoveling sunshine by Wednesday : )
With all that snow so far into the Berkshires, do you see bear and indian tracks in the snow?
Old 01-07-2024, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
With all that snow so far into the Berkshires, do you see bear and indian tracks in the snow?
No Indians, but deer, moose, coyote, and bear tracks are frequent sightings. I did see someone riding an Indian motorcycle the other day.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:30 PM

I remember the days when it really snowed. We lived in Massachusetts and had a second home in NH. We had years when you could not see the homes on the roads for the snow banks and in those days people did not come and clear your driveway, the husband came home from work and shoveled snow. Our kids could not wait to get into their winter gear to get out in the snow to shovel for the neighbors and come in exhausted and hungry and happy. Our second home was in ski country and we would take off every weekend so that the kids could ski. It was a great atmosphere, we knew everybody and almost every afternoon would be a party in the lodge while waiting for the kids. We have wonderful memories of those times. Cross country skiing on the lake.

Now my children have people who clear their driveway and shovel their paths. They tell me that the snow today is so light and dry you can sweep it off the front steps. No snow banks today.
Old 01-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I used to snowblow at our last house, but it would take me forever to do our driveway now with a snow blower. The driveway is a full four hybrid golf shot long for me, which is about 200 yards. Plus, I like the tractor better because I can keep a cold beer in the cup holder : )
I have a John Deer X350. Granted, it's only 1 step above the Home Depot lawn mower models, but I thought it was a decent machine. I bought the snowblower attachment for like $1600 but even with chains, the 1 wheel drive was useless. It just wouldn't move in the snow. I lost $800 on that thing and went out and bought this Toro. 5 years and going like new. Luckily my driveway isn't too bad. It takes less than an hour even with 10" of snow.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I have a John Deer X350. Granted, it's only 1 step above the Home Depot lawn mower models, but I thought it was a decent machine. I bought the snowblower attachment for like $1600 but even with chains, the 1 wheel drive was useless. It just wouldn't move in the snow. I lost $800 on that thing and went out and bought this Toro. 5 years and going like new. Luckily my driveway isn't too bad. It takes less than an hour even with 10" of snow.
I can relate to the difficulty plowing with that thing. My Kubota is a 50 HP diesel 4WD with agricultural tires, and the rear tires are loaded with an antifreeze type fluid to add more weight and traction. Even with that setup the Tractor spins out sometimes when pushing over a foot of wet heavy snow. Today’s storm was the light fluffy stuff, so no issues. I also have a plow on my Honda Foreman 450 ATV, but that doesn’t weigh enough to push more than about 6 inches of light snow. The Quad plow is nice to get into tight spaces where the tractor won’t fit, or to use when the driveway isn’t frozen because the tractor would tear up the unfrozen gravel. Oh well, won’t have to worry about clearing snow anymore this winter, by the time I get back from the Villages it will be the spring mud season and the maple sugaring season will be long since past.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
evidently you don't work in the healthcare industry. . and in places where the healthcare is great. .
Believe what makes you happy

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-08-2024, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

it stinks to be you. where i come from [florida] snow is a 4 letter word.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I can relate to the difficulty plowing with that thing. My Kubota is a 50 HP diesel 4WD with agricultural tires, and the rear tires are loaded with an antifreeze type fluid to add more weight and traction. Even with that setup the Tractor spins out sometimes when pushing over a foot of wet heavy snow. Today’s storm was the light fluffy stuff, so no issues. I also have a plow on my Honda Foreman 450 ATV, but that doesn’t weigh enough to push more than about 6 inches of light snow. The Quad plow is nice to get into tight spaces where the tractor won’t fit, or to use when the driveway isn’t frozen because the tractor would tear up the unfrozen gravel. Oh well, won’t have to worry about clearing snow anymore this winter, by the time I get back from the Villages it will be the spring mud season and the maple sugaring season will be long since past.
I have a Suzuki King Quad 750. I had a plow for it but after one storm it wasn’t really effective because I’d run out of space for the snow piles. It was fun but I sold the plow. I’m gonna have to sell the quad when I move to TV permanently. I will miss it.
Old 01-08-2024, 03:49 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Although I agree with TOPHCFA the biggest drawback in FL is its third world status in healthcare, and a few other issues,

this part of the year in NE is the worst. Very jealous of you all living in TV during the months of Jan-Mar
We left New England almost 8 years ago. We have found doctors we are happy with and think the options for staying active and healthy are much better here. We would never go back.
Old 01-08-2024, 04:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
We left New England almost 8 years ago. We have found doctors we are happy with and think the options for staying active and healthy are much better here. We would never go back.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
I think the options for staying active and healthy are why we bought here, and we don't want to go back after we get there. But that isn't about the healthcare.

As with anything and everything, it works until it doesn't. You might not have had the doesn't work experience yet, so best wishes on continued health and prosperity.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
I think the options for staying active and healthy are why we bought here, and we don't want to go back after we get there. But that isn't about the healthcare.

As with anything and everything, it works until it doesn't. You might not have had the doesn't work experience yet, so best wishes on continued health and prosperity.
So you believe all doctors up north are great and all doctors in Florida are bad? My doctor comes from Pennsylvania and did a residency at Akron General Medical Center, a 4 star rated hospital. Why would she move down here if the healthcare is so bad? I believe there are actually a lot of doctors that live here. But as someone else said, believe what makes you happy.

At least I'm not the one shoveling snow.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

No idea what it has to do with snow, but every doctor I’ve had in Massachusetts for the last 10 years have been nothing but pill pushers. They don’t even ask what your diet is like. They just get blood work and write prescriptions.

Tags
geez, issues, part, year, worst

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.