"God bless the U.S.A."

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Veteran member
Default "God bless the U.S.A."

So many songs come to mind....country songs "God Bless the USA", "Have You Forgotten", "Courtesy Of The Red, White and Blue" etc. I could go on and on. I have watched the coverage today, and I surely have not forgotten. I would like to send my wishes and prayers to those families and friends and all that were affected and also pray for the men and women that are fighting for our Country......"the land of the U.S.A.".

Last edited by JeanneBeannie; 09-11-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Remember 9/11...God Bless USA
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Veteran member

You're always so sweet!

I remember so well that 09/11 day. It was such a surreal moment as I watched everything unfold on the TV from my home office. It took a while for my brain to process it all and to realize the impact it would have on our country from that day forward.

We should all be thankful for the brave men and women who serve. They are in my book!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Default We Should never forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately our so called "Leaders In Congress" are chomping at the bit to get us out of the land of our "Enemy."
Old 09-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Sage

Beautiful Post Jeanne!

Thankyou for the reminder as we hurry about our busy lives. We really should stop and say a heartfelt prayer for our military and for the unfortunate families that lost a loved one protecting this country. They are true heroes in my book.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
So many songs come to mind....country songs "God Bless the USA", "Have You Forgotten", "Courtesy Of The Red, White and Blue" etc. I could go on and on. I have watched the coverage today, and I surely have not forgotten. I would like to send my wishes and prayers to those families and friends and all that were affected and also pray for the men and women that are fighting for our Country......"the land of the U.S.A.".
Jeanne . What a wonderful post especially for 9/11.
I heard the song about 5 times today, I love it.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Eternal Member
Default God Bless the USA song

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-9_fDEsv-Q[/ame]

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Eternal Member

While "God Bless the USA" is an okay song, I really wish people would get as enthusiastic about the the playing of the National Anthem as they do about "God Bless the USA".

It is really sad to see people that seem to have to drag their collective asses out of their seat to stand for the National Anthem or even to uncover when it is played.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Gold member

And while we're at it, how about singing the national anthem as it was written, and not adding the vocal gymnastics that a lot of performers seem to think is necessary.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

Some so-called professional singers do so much damage to the National Anthem that I cringe from the first bar. And, I'm afraid I have to include the seven-year-old "sensation" who charmed everyone at the Magic games.

As a retired military person, I am happy to be able to salute when the Star Spangled Banner plays, even when I'm in the most informal civilian clothes. It's a recent modification and well accepted.

SWR
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Veteran member
Default Oh for goodness sakes!!

Thank you Nonie, Betty, Jurek and Islandgal for understanding the message I was trying to portray.
For the others, its a shame that you felt the need to totally go off the subject rather than giving a moment of thought to those that were affected by 9/11.
I as I am sure all of us respect and love the National Anthem, I am so sorry I didnt include that song as well. My intentions were to bring thought and prayer and remembrance of 9/11, I am sorry I didnt word everything correctly, I meant no disregard to our anthem or I wouldnt have posted about the USA to begin with.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
And while we're at it, how about singing the national anthem as it was written, and not adding the vocal gymnastics that a lot of performers seem to think is necessary.
Amen!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Platinum member
Default Never Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
Thank you Nonie, Betty, Jurek and Islandgal for understanding the message I was trying to portray.
For the others, its a shame that you felt the need to totally go off the subject rather than giving a moment of thought to those that were affected by 9/11.
I as I am sure all of us respect and love the National Anthem, I am so sorry I didnt include that song as well. My intentions were to bring thought and prayer and remembrance of 9/11, I am sorry I didnt word everything correctly, I meant no disregard to our anthem or I wouldnt have posted about the USA to begin with.
Jeannie, your point was not lost and it was indeed noble. You are so right....we need to never forget 9/11 and all those so needlessly lost. I think the others were just trying to add to what you brought to everyone's attention, not detract from what you had to say by bringing to attention that we also need to remember everyday what a great country we live in, not just on 9/11. In any event, you have absolutely no need to apologize.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.