Opinions on Easy Fill Battery watering system for Golf cart batteries?

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Opinions on Easy Fill Battery watering system for Golf cart batteries?

Finally, after burning up a set of tires on my Mini-Van looking for the perfect (but reasonable - Ha) golf cart, I broke down and bought one. Its electric since I didn't want the noise or smell but now I'm off on my next mind provoking purchase. Do I get a "Easy fill water system for it or not". On my quest for the perfect cart I heard pros and cons on these systems.

Pros > They work great and if you buy one they will extend the life of your batteries.
The ones we install don't clog
Theres indicators on the batteries that lets you easily tell the state of the battery water

Cons > The clog and are more trouble then they are worth
At a cost of $250 I'm almost 1/2 way to a completely new set of batteries so they better work real good

For those of you out there that have a systems installed > what is your experience - do they clog?
I know one brand had these indicators on the caps which let you know at a glance if the level was ok but I don't know what the brand is - Can someone help here

Can they be installed easily or should I get it done by the cart place > any recommendations on where to buy or get them installed?

Old 02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Opinions on Easy Fill Battery watering system for Golf cart batteries?

I Installed one of these systems last Thanksgiving, knowing I had renters coming thru the winter who wouldn't care for the batteries if it were messy or tedious. The system merely involves a few squeezes of the bulb and all the batteries are brought up to the proper water level. I am not aware of any clogging problems. Cost was approx. $200.00. Check back with me in April, when I'll be back to see the results. As of today the cart is still on the move :bigthumbsup:
Handie :joke:
Old 02-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Default Re: Opinions on Easy Fill Battery watering system for Golf cart batteries?

Dadspet
Congratulations --- finally!!!! The search is over. Can't wait to see the new cart. Discount Connection discouraged me from buying the auto fill based on price and some incidents of problems. I believe they sited a case of slight overfill. They cautioned me to fill 1/2 way between top of plates and bottom of base of fill port.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Veteran member

handiman

What was the name of the system and where did you get it? Did it have indicators of the water level in each cell ?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bernie
Is your picture a LMCO Warthog or your Golf Cart waiting for a new battery!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

dadspet, I believe handie and I have the same system, you can see it at www.janwp.com, no it does not have indicators on each cell. However, it is a single point refill system and all cells get topped off to proper level each time you refill, I like mine and have had no over filling issues.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Got my battery installed Fri--finally. The picture is the new body I installed on the golf cart. Love the 30mm. No problem in the traffic circles now.

Bernie
Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Bernie
You may have found your true retirement job...a golf cart designer. Suggest you post in the General Discussion board on how to drive in round-abouts.....Guaranteed to get some reaction!! IN the meantime I will stay out of way...now that you got your battery!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Last week I had a one year maintenance/service call and the tech found some batteries were not receiving enough water.

Clogging did not seem like a problem so he asked me to pump the bulb harder and view the results.

I did this yesterday and it didn't appear to fill the batteries enough. I will call them again and ask for a replacement.

JM
(CM) Boston, Ma.
(JM)(CM)Boca Raton, FL.
(CM/JM)TV-Largo(CM/JM)
Old 02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

Opted not to bother with the filler device/system. Having checked/filled batteries most of my life, doing a few once a month or so didn't seem too time-consuming, and my need to be "efficient" is dropping radically.

Personally, I prefer to take the extra couple of minutes and clearly see what the water level really is.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Veteran member

The Villages Florida
The Villages Florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.