Golf outside the bubble

Old 03-05-2024, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmarc View Post
Why go outside the bubble? Today's Villages Magazine has a headline on cover that says "Golfer's Paradise Continues to Grow". I assume Paradise refers to TV....and what can be better than Paradise?

I guess my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.
Old 03-06-2024, 06:43 AM

For a fun day on a short course that’s not expensive for very well maintained Base Line in Ocala
Old 03-06-2024, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmay View Post
For a fun day on a short course that’s not expensive for very well maintained Base Line in Ocala
Baseline is a fun little course. The only drawback is that they don’t take T-times, you pay and then you get in line to tee off. That wait can be quite long. You can’t see how long the wait is until after you pay because the #1 tee box is around the bend and out of view from the club house. They have a sign by the cash register stating No Refunds. I suspect folks have paid for a round and once they see how long the wait is, have gone back to request a refund.
Old 03-06-2024, 07:23 AM

Without a doubt Baseline is the most beautiful in our area. It’s a relatively short 18 hole golf course, very nice landscaping throughout.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:04 AM
Default Hour Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiderata View Post
Baseline is a fun little course. The only drawback is that they don’t take T-times, you pay and then you get in line to tee off. That wait can be quite long. You can’t see how long the wait is until after you pay because the #1 tee box is around the bend and out of view from the club house. They have a sign by the cash register stating No Refunds. I suspect folks have paid for a round and once they see how long the wait is, have gone back to request a refund.
Yes, the two time I played I waited an hour to tee off. Both time were 11a or so. It is a very nice short course.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:55 AM
Default gutted pic on their site

Golf & Karoo | Cabot Citrus Farms
Old 03-06-2024, 02:05 PM

Baseline is gorgeous! Just played it
Old 03-06-2024, 02:23 PM

There's nothing wrong with golf inside TV if you are selective on any given month. For example, it's a known fact every winter...literally every winter...Havana takes a dump, so just avoid it in the mid to late winter months. Right now Southern Oaks is pristine as is Tierra del Sol, but that may change a bit in a month...users need to keep on top of conditions and play the best courses. Keep in mind it's still winter and grass does not grow well in winter...all courses will have some troubles during the winter months...fact of life.
Old 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM

Been here since 2007, have HAD to play outside The Villages. In all I have not found anywhere better than The Villages Championship Courses. Unless it’s the cost, but save your gas money!

Tags
golf, bubble, guests, visiting, end

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.