Guess who I met last night!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Kathie is so good at secrets. I have no idea why Tony thinks I am an English major.

Oh, btw, I found yet another reason to move to TV and that reason has to do with the signs in Publix. The express lane signs in Publix say “10 Items or Fewer” and when I saw them, I thought. YES!!! Finally! The grocery store signs I have been dreaming of for years.

You see, (and Gracie will know this, too) the signs at Kroger in Cincinnati all say “10 Items or LESS” -- aaaaaaaughhhhhhh!!!! -- Well, actually, it might be 15 items in Cincinnati, but that’s not the point. The point is that if you can count the stuff, it needs to say “fewer.” And Publix has it right. I was so happy.

But just when I thought I had found the perfect place to live because of those beautiful, correctly worded, grocery store express lane signs, I suddenly noticed, one night while checking out at a Publix (having been on a quest for some butter pecan ice cream) that on a little stand, sitting on the checkout lane, underneath that exquisite “fewer” sign, there it was -- a small sign that looked like it had just been printed on paper, and stuck in that little frame, on that little stand, right there on the counter. And that evil sign said, “10 Items or Less.”

I must explain that even though those words actually printed on the sign said, “10 Items or Less,” that sign really had Tony written all over it. Ohhhhhh, I know a dastardly deed when I see one. Tony, that dastard, running around TV, putting those signs in my path. A dastardly, dastardly deed, indeed.

I just know that Tony put that freshly printed sign there. Just to try to drive English majors crazy. To try to run English majors out of town. I just know he had something to do with it. Why did that new sign suddenly appear???? It wasn’t there when I first hit town.

I know that Tony has a deep-seated fear of English majors, and I know all about that notion he has in his head that I am one. Ohhhh, I know stuff. I can pick up on things.

Like garlic to a vampire. Like a silver bullet to a werewolf. That’s what a sign with bad grammar is to an English major. Tony thinks he is so clever, sticking those signs in my Publix path. But HAH! I’m still here. So how could I possibly be an English major?

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-11-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Administrator

That "fewer than/less than" Boomer-dance is a dead giveaway.

Kathie? Do you agree?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

And Boomer always says she can't dance. Did you see that little dance she just did?
Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Sage
Arrow Nice Meeting You Boomer!

Kathie's not talking Tony and neither am I! Wonderful to meet you Boomer. It was apparent from our meeting that two great (twisted) minds think alike! Hahaha! You are a hoot! Hurry back and buy something (fewer than 10!)
I mean a house... so you can stay put!

ahhh..... the little plans we could think up....
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator
Default Et tu, Chel?

Gee, Chelsea, you of all people. I have taken it on the chin for Chelsea and she is going to stonewall me, too.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Sage
Wink Awwwww.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Gee, Chelsea, you of all people. I have taken it on the chin for Chelsea and she is going to stonewall me, too.
Oh, Tony... You'll just have to come down here so we can put a little ice on that chin. Surrounded with Scotch of course!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Platinum member

It was wonderful to finally meet Mr. & Mrs. Boomer! They're just as sweet and funny as Boomer appears in print -- just as nutty as the rest of us.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Well, I just rolled back into town. Cincinnati that is. And 'rolled' is the operative word. I have at least 5 pounds on me that have never seen Cincinnati before. And I sure did not need them. Too many good places to eat in TV. Not to mention those Happy Hours. Oh My! But red wine is good for me right?

It was wonderful to meet so many of you. I wish we could have stayed for the Crispers lunch, but had to get back home before then. Maybe next time.

You were all lovely and wonderful and did not take my picture. It was so much fun. Thank you for the hospitality. And I plan to be back.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 11-16-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: needed to
Old 11-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Veteran member

We all miss you already, Boomer! Hurry back!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Dancing Thyme

The Villages Florida

Boomer
TV is not the same
without you!!
hurry back!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.