Gulp!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Founder
Default Gulp!!!!!!

Several years ago, I was contacted by a guy from Leesburg who knew some of my wife's family. He told me he was an independent business man and he was eager to work with me on some of my company's programs.

My partner flew down from Rhode Island and we me with him. He laid out some plans for an energetic three way partnership. We liked the idea and went ahead with it despite the fact that we kinda smelled a rat. After about three months and some real heartache, we severed relations with him.

Today, I watched a video of this man, Vance Moore, being led in handcuffs into a federal court in Raleigh, North Carolina wearing Orange and Red stripped prison garb. He has been charged in an $80 million ponzi scheme.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7024399
Old 11-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Julie

Geez, aren't you thanking your lucky stars that you got out while the gettin' was good?

I like the part about how he doesn't know where his passport is...
Old 11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Geez, aren't you thanking your lucky stars that you got out while the gettin' was good?

I like the part about how he doesn't know where his passport is...
You betcha!!!! The passport thing, that was his MO. Always a cockamamie answer.

JLK
Old 11-14-2009, 12:15 PM

One of my first lessons came from a very shrewd Jewish businessman whom I worked for in Boston. He often told me, "look carefully at the numbers but always trust your instincts." On more than one occasion I've found this advise valuable.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.