Happy Thanksgiving- (Merged)

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Gold member
Default T-Day

And a special thanks for all our troops far away defending our day here.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Veteran member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are visiting our five children and other family and friends in Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio and are loving everything except we are reminded of how thankful we are for the beautiful Florida weather. If you are traveling I wish you a safe trip, and a blessed and happy holiday to all. I am thankful for TOTV and for all of you wonderful people who make this forum so special.

It's after midnight. Let's eat!

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

It's all been said by everyone here, so just a Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for sharing pieces of your life.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

Last edited by redwitch; 11-24-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-24-2011, 01:11 AM
Bosoxfan
Default Happy Thanksgiving

The Villages Florida

Hope you all are blessed with lots of friends & family during the holiday season!!
Old 11-24-2011, 01:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,172 Times in 441 Posts
Default as they say in NC

"Back atcha"
Old 11-24-2011, 06:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default To each and every treasured one of you!

Happy, HAPPY, Thanksgiving. Hoping that your hearts are happy and your tummies are full and you are blessed with all that is good today and always.

This is the first time in all of my marriage that I haven't cooked the whole dinner and hosted our extended family on Thanksgiving. I am not sad at all and don't miss the work....but hope to welcome it back next year along with our children and grandchildren.

If this is your first Thanksgiving away from where you used to live, I hope you are equally as happy.

Love to all and 27 hugs and three kisses.
Old 11-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Platinum member
Default Happy Thanksgiving, MGJIM!

Hope you have a great day, and keep dreaming about those future Thanksgivings in TV!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 11-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

To all of the good folks I have never (YET) met on TOTV........have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

Most all of us have lived decades filled with joy and blessing, hard work and some pain and adversity, yet I'm sure we have much to be thankful for this day.

For us this Thanksgiving is indeed strange. There is no smell of Turkey in the oven, no kids coming over, etc. It is a transition week for us and today will be spent packing and loading our ABF Relocubes. The house is almost totally empty and every voice is echoing. Boxes everywhere.

We have spent years sorting our things of value from the swell of just "stuff" one accumulates from years of living life and raising a family. We have sorted, sold and given much away. This week we will fill those Relocubes with what remains, give our house I designed and built myself to some stranger who I have never met and really do not want to, say goodbye to friends and family and career and move 1300 miles away to some magical place called Florida.

At a time when one thinks about slowing down and easing up a bit, we embark on this scary yet exciting adventure. Almost like Columbus venturing into the unknown, some friends and family are happy and excited for us, some are jealous, and some think we are fools. They may all be right.

I suspect this is a good rewarding thing. I've worked hard for this, and most other things I've worked hard for in life have turned out well. So, I will sacrifice this Thanksgiving for the reward of better, warmer ones in the future.

I'll leave NY and be a Floridian in less then a week. I"m looking forward to meeting many of you.......Happy Thanksgiving!

Frank
Old 11-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default What to be thankfull for!

What we have to be thankfull for! We are visiting in Upstate NY for Thanksgiving. I see peoples houses in desperate need of repair, home prices dropping daily, roads falling apart, gas prices .30 per gallon higher then TV, people looking for free food and clothing, temperatures in the 30s already, firewood being collected to try and stay warm as heating prices are thru the roof, unemployment & taxes much to high. These trips are always a reminder as to how lucky we are to be where we are and very thankful that we moved when we did. So as you sit down there in TV with family and friends and we sit up here with our family and friends just take a moment to say THANKS for what we have. Happy and Safe Thanksgiving everyone!!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulfrank View Post
To all of the good folks I have never (YET) met on TOTV........have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

Most all of us have lived decades filled with joy and blessing, hard work and some pain and adversity, yet I'm sure we have much to be thankful for this day.

For us this Thanksgiving is indeed strange. There is no smell of Turkey in the oven, no kids coming over, etc. It is a transition week for us and today will be spent packing and loading our ABF Relocubes. The house is almost totally empty and every voice is echoing. Boxes everywhere.

We have spent years sorting our things of value from the swell of just "stuff" one accumulates from years of living life and raising a family. We have sorted, sold and given much away. This week we will fill those Relocubes with what remains, give our house I designed and built myself to some stranger who I have never met and really do not want to, say goodbye to friends and family and career and move 1300 miles away to some magical place called Florida.

At a time when one thinks about slowing down and easing up a bit, we embark on this scary yet exciting adventure. Almost like Columbus venturing into the unknown, some friends and family are happy and excited for us, some are jealous, and some think we are fools. They may all be right.

I suspect this is a good rewarding thing. I've worked hard for this, and most other things I've worked hard for in life have turned out well. So, I will sacrifice this Thanksgiving for the reward of better, warmer ones in the future.

I'll leave NY and be a Floridian in less then a week. I"m looking forward to meeting many of you.......Happy Thanksgiving!

Frank
Frank I couldn't have expressed it better. I like many others have all of those feelings. My husband and I feel so sure about our upcoming move to TV. My heart is sooooo happy. Our only sadness is leaving the best friends in the world (and they are so happy for us) and of course our most terrific kids (who are also so happy for us). Our son and my brand new daughter-in-law (one week) are taking us all out for dinner this evening in Williamsburg, VA. This is the first Thanksgiving my hubby and I are not cooking (and boy are we happy about that!). New traditions are already beginning...and I look forward to it! We are going to sit back and count our blessings today and enjoy our family. I wish all of you and your families a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Default Thinking of the Turkey!

I'm saddened to know that every 13 secs a turkey commits suicide to avoid being the victim of a thanksgiving dinner. Think about that when your fisting stuffing into today's feast. My neighbor found their turkey strewn across the basement floor, empty bottles of sleeping pills and Wild Turkey at his side, with Cyndi Lauper's 'True Colors' playing on repeat. Sad. I'm sticking with ham. Pigs just don't give a Crap.

But happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Gold member

Count your blessings everyone...HAPPY THANKSGIVING1
Old 11-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Folks, to make things easier, I merged the three different "Happy Thanksgiving" threads that have currently been posted into one thread.

Frank
Old 11-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Sage
Default Happy Thanksgiving!

I celebrate Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invite everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we have an enormous feast, and then I kill them and take their land.

oh wait... That's not right.....

Old 11-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I celebrate Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invite everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we have an enormous feast, and then I kill them and take their land.

oh wait... That's not right.....
Hahaha, I just got off work and checked in, whew glad I wasn't at your house. Hope dinner was good.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.