Happy that Women's B-ball LSU lost and Iowa won>>>

Old 04-02-2024, 07:48 AM
Default Happy that Women's B-ball LSU lost and Iowa won>>>

WHY? Because>>>

LSU women’s basketball came under fire on Monday night after the team didn’t come out for the national anthem before its regional final game against the Iowa Hawkeyes.

A video from OutKick’s Dan Zaksheske showed Iowa players holding hands during the rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner." LSU had left the court right before the anthem was played.

Iowa won the game 97-84 behind Caitlin Clark’s 41 points.

LSU head coach Kim Mulkey was asked after the game why the team didn’t come out for the national anthem. Mulkey chalked it up to "routine."

Personally, these actions are so irritating to me. When will this stuff end?

from a loyal USA citizen.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:26 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 327 Posts

Same from here. Do not understand why people/teams act like this. Aren’t they happy to live in a country like the USA??? Irritating is an understatement.
Old 04-02-2024, 08:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,479 Times in 549 Posts

My bad. I thought you were going to talk about basketball.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,340 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
My bad. I thought you were going to talk about basketball.
Clark sure is the most dominant player in this tournament.
Old 04-02-2024, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

I love the Kaitlin Clark storyline and how she literally put a program on her back and made everyone of her teammates better in the process. That said, Gino Auriemma is my guy and the UConn women (and men’s team) are peaking at the right time in their respective tournaments. NC State, men and women’s teams may have something to say about both! Good stuff!
Old 04-02-2024, 02:22 PM

As an Iowan and a University of Iowa alum I say.......Go Hawks! The Iowa women's basketball program is a class group of ladies that are a pretty competitive group of basketball players.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:49 PM

As we all saw, idiot ESPN 'personality', Jamele Hill, stated Caitlin Clark gets all the publicity due to racism.
NO ! She's just that good !!
Old 04-02-2024, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,479 Times in 549 Posts

I am not really an Iowa fan (go IU!) but I do like basketball. I’ve watched Clark play and am just amazed at her three pointers. She is skilled and and appears to be a team player. Swish!
Old 04-02-2024, 07:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,331 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager7591 View Post
As we all saw, idiot ESPN 'personality', Jamele Hill, stated Caitlin Clark gets all the publicity due to racism.
NO ! She's just that good !!
I never saw that comment but when you break Maravich’s scoring record (although in a lot more games - 83 for Pete and 130 for Clark), the publicity is clearly deserved.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,103 Times in 2,758 Posts

No dog in the fight, but all things being equal definitely happy the team that stood for the national anthem wins the game.
Old 04-03-2024, 04:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
No dog in the fight, but all things being equal definitely happy the team that stood for the national anthem wins the game.
I also have no dog in this but….. they didn’t NOT STAND, they weren’t even there. Their coach said they were doing pregame things in the locker room and didn’t even know they were playing the national anthem. Apparently fans want the coach fired.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:25 AM
Default basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I also have no dog in this but….. they didn’t NOT STAND, they weren’t even there. Their coach said they were doing pregame things in the locker room and didn’t even know they were playing the national anthem. Apparently fans want the coach fired.
Well don't watch the games....same thing when the NFL players did not stand
Old 04-03-2024, 06:21 AM

I’m sure I’ll take a lot of crap for this, but not everyone is a fake patriot.

Being a real patriot means you want your country to be the best it can be and work towards that end—not just wrapping yourself in the flag and making gestures in public to fool some people into thinking you are a patriot. That accomplishes NOTHING! Be a REAL patriot and help your country be better.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillagernie View Post
Well don't watch the games....same thing when the NFL players did not stand
I don’t look to or up to 18-21 yr. old college athletes.....or professional athletes , or TOTV for that matter....for pointers on respect and patriotism. It really doesn’t bother me like some. Disrespect is on full display across this country on the daily. Other than the initial ‘shock’ from these actions or inactions, there is no boycott. Nor should there be. The NFL ratings, advertisers and interest has never been higher. The Iowa/LSU semifinal was the highest rated in women’s history. All of these athletes, amateur and pro alike are making more money than at any other point in history. And at the end of the day, we all are still watching....and directly or indirectly, by doing so...are lining all their pockets. It’s the good, bad and the ugly side of a democracy
Old 04-03-2024, 07:10 AM

From News:

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry urged state officials to enact a policy that requires student-athletes to be present for the national anthem after the LSU women’s basketball team received harsh backlash for missing the national anthem before its regional final game against Iowa Monday night.

"It is time that all college boards, including Regent, put a policy in place that student athletes be present for the national anthem or risk their athletic scholarship! This is a matter of respect that all collegiate coaches should instill."

A video from OutKick’s Dan Zaksheske showed Iowa players on the court holding hands during "The Star-Spangled Banner." LSU had left the court right before the anthem was played.

Mulkey said after the loss to Iowa her team’s absence was "routine."

"Honestly, I don't even know when the anthem was played," Mulkey said, via OutKick. "We kind of have a routine when (our players are) on the floor, and they come off at the 12-minute mark (prior to the game).

Disturbing how many in our country do not respect our flag, honor the fallen, and take so much for granted that we have in our great country. This is yet another example. The coach stated "routine" for her team to not stay for the anthem. What a hollow response. So glad that Iowa won the game, and apparently honors their country.

Tags
lsu, iowa, anthem, game, team

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.