Happy that Women's B-ball LSU lost and Iowa won>>>

Old 04-03-2024, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I also have no dog in this but….. they didn’t NOT STAND, they weren’t even there. Their coach said they were doing pregame things in the locker room and didn’t even know they were playing the national anthem. Apparently fans want the coach fired.
If the coach was that unaware she should be terminated imo.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:42 AM

Important thing is Iowa won, Clark is the best woman basketball player in college ever, and she is a good human. But again as a basketball player she makes all her teammates better.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindham View Post
If you haven't been in the struggle, you will never understand.
Please, spare us all. These spoiled brat's only struggle is dealing with their victim status in every aspect of their lives. Must make it tough to actually improve your life if you see oppression at every turn.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
I think any one of the 4 can win. It's great for the sport and our home state.
I got UConn in both tournaments. That said, not gonna shed any tears if the women’s team loses to Iowa. They, UConn are the pinnacle of women’s basketball with many titles to support that. The Clark storyline is an anomaly in the game. IU doesn’t have the feeder HS athletes like generational programs (UConn, Tenn, SC to name a few) do. She could’ve gone to all of those schools. Instead she chose to build a championship pedigree in Iowa. Totally unselfish talent and human being. A fun weekend upon us
Old 04-03-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mack View Post
If the coach was that unaware she should be terminated imo.
Ah, the cancel culture at its finest!
Old 04-03-2024, 10:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,942 Times in 1,113 Posts

I agree but let’s not make her a saint by staying in school , she made almost 3 million in NIL money and with her other commercial promos some put her close to 4 million , which I’m very happy for her , as far as the anthem , haven’t the same people beaten this to death since the football controversy and are all those guys still not watching football.and if so the NFL doesn’t care
Old 04-03-2024, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I agree but let’s not make her a saint by staying in school , she made almost 3 million in NIL money and with her other commercial promos some put her close to 4 million , which I’m very happy for her , as far as the anthem , haven’t the same people beaten this to death since the football controversy and are all those guys still not watching football.and if so the NFL doesn’t care
Agree with you.

Freedom of speech is not having to salute the Flag or whatever. Many people have extremely different life experiences than us here in the Villages. They would have very diverse reactions to saluting the US flag or whatever. We live in a country where fortunately we are not forced to worship some emperor with no clothes like in North Korea or Russia. And follow all the ridiculous pomp and circumstance you would find in North Korea. Most of it for the ego of the ruler of North Korea.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-03-2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2024, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Nobody said she (assume you’re referring to Clark) is a ‘saint’! NIL makes it so student athletes can have the option to stay for the four years and not be pressured to sign rookie deals that in some cases....women’s sports specifically, are much less. In the process, her stock rises, she gets her degree and the university has elevated exposure in the process. Nothing negative on that front
Old 04-03-2024, 12:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I am not really an Iowa fan (go IU!) but I do like basketball. I’ve watched Clark play and am just amazed at her three pointers. She is skilled and and appears to be a team player. Swish!
She made some really good assists also!
Old 04-03-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
WHY? Because>>>

LSU women’s basketball came under fire on Monday night after the team didn’t come out for the national anthem before its regional final game against the Iowa Hawkeyes.

A video from OutKick’s Dan Zaksheske showed Iowa players holding hands during the rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner." LSU had left the court right before the anthem was played.

Iowa won the game 97-84 behind Caitlin Clark’s 41 points.

LSU head coach Kim Mulkey was asked after the game why the team didn’t come out for the national anthem. Mulkey chalked it up to "routine."

Personally, these actions are so irritating to me. When will this stuff end?

from a loyal USA citizen.
Is this something they normally do during the season? Odd for LSU which isn’t known for being “Woke”.
Old 04-03-2024, 02:00 PM
Default LSU Anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
WHY? Because>>>

LSU women’s basketball came under fire on Monday night after the team didn’t come out for the national anthem before its regional final game against the Iowa Hawkeyes.

A video from OutKick’s Dan Zaksheske showed Iowa players holding hands during the rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner." LSU had left the court right before the anthem was played.

Iowa won the game 97-84 behind Caitlin Clark’s 41 points.

LSU head coach Kim Mulkey was asked after the game why the team didn’t come out for the national anthem. Mulkey chalked it up to "routine."

Personally, these actions are so irritating to me. When will this stuff end?

from a loyal USA citizen.
You can add UCONN and USC to the list of not being on the floor while anthem was played during the recent tournament. Any word on what there coaches excuse was?
Old 04-03-2024, 02:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpphred View Post
You can add UCONN and USC to the list of not being on the floor while anthem was played during the recent tournament. Any word on what there coaches excuse was?
To take this a step further.....Iet me preface, I’m one to stand and participate in the anthem at all events that have one. In person

That said, if you’re on your Lazy Boy in your ‘man cave’ or ‘she shed’ and the anthem is playing on your tv....do you stand? If we’re being honest, none of us do. So my question is, is their action or inaction during an athletic contest make you or them....more or less of a patriot? Or is it just for the cameras?
Old 04-03-2024, 04:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
To take this a step further.....Iet me preface, I’m one to stand and participate in the anthem at all events that have one. In person

That said, if you’re on your Lazy Boy in your ‘man cave’ or ‘she shed’ and the anthem is playing on your tv....do you stand? If we’re being honest, none of us do. So my question is, is their action or inaction during an athletic contest make you or them....more or less of a patriot? Or is it just for the cameras?
Then why is LSU being attacked and UConn and USC are not?
Old 04-03-2024, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post

If forced, just for the cameras. It should be required if you are in one of the US armed services as a sign of unity is good for the image we project to our sometime enemies. And they are getting paychecks from the US government.

Forced patriotism is not patriotism but survival especially in places like Russia and North Korea.
Old 04-04-2024, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
If forced, just for the cameras. It should be required if you are in one of the US armed services as a sign of unity is good for the image we project to our sometime enemies. And they are getting paychecks from the US government.

Forced patriotism is not patriotism but survival especially in places like Russia and North Korea.
"Forced"? really?

Tags
lsu, iowa, anthem, game, team

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.